Biden Prime Time Address Tonight

Irv

2 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

He mentioned an attack on Asians in like the first two minutes.

That's a thing?

How about people are being harassed and attacked on a daily basis in this country, skin

color having nothing to do with it. 

There's no unity at all with the democrat party, their entire schtick amounts to a whole series

of carefully crafted divisions. 

Yes.. I read an article about black on Asian violence in California being a significant issue, but the MSM and political system is burying it. 

3 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

He mentioned an attack on Asians in like the first two minutes.

That's a thing?

How about people are being harassed and attacked on a daily basis in this country, skin

color having nothing to do with it. 

There's no unity at all with the democrat party, their entire schtick amounts to a whole series

of carefully crafted divisions. 

Yes it is a thing.  My younger daughter is adopted from China.  We adopted her when she was 11 months old and she has lived her entire life since as an American citizen.  She is involved in an Asian-American group at college, and members of that group have been harassed on occasion on campus, with more incidents during the pandemic.  A Vietnamese restaurant near her campus was vandalized, with racist slogans painted on the walls of their restaurant.  They have chosen to close because of fear of more attacks.  Add the other well publicized attacks on old men of Asian age, and it is clear attacks on those of Asian descent are on the rise.

So to put it bluntly, shut up.  My daughter lives this every day.  You don't know what the hell you're talking about.  And for others who may be harassed and attacked on a daily basis, how about this:  let's work on not having ANYONE attacked or harassed on a daily basis?  Regard;less of their socioeconomic status, ethnicity, or whatever.  And how about we all stand up for that instead of offering lame excuses about divisions and such crap.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes it is a thing.  My younger daughter is adopted from China.  We adopted her when she was 11 months old and she has lived her entire life since as an American citizen.  She is involved in an Asian-American group at college, and members of that group have been harassed on occasion on campus, with more incidents during the pandemic.  A Vietnamese restaurant near her campus was vandalized, with racist slogans painted on the walls of their restaurant.  They have chosen to close because of fear of more attacks.  Add the other well publicized attacks on old men of Asian age, and it is clear attacks on those of Asian descent are on the rise.

So to put it bluntly, shut up.  My daughter lives this every day.  You don't know what the hell you're talking about.  And for others who may be harassed and attacked on a daily basis, how about this:  let's work on not having ANYONE attacked or harassed on a daily basis?  Regard;less of their socioeconomic status, ethnicity, or whatever.  And how about we all stand up for that instead of offering lame excuses about divisions and such crap.

I’m very sorry to hear about your daughter and her experience.  I have never understood that sort of hatred toward people, it seems so damn pointless.  

My only feedback beyond that is it’s impossible to know what anyone else’s life experiences are and why they might have a reaction to a politician leveraging this sort of thing.  It’s the ultimate whataboutism, though not in the overused internet sense.  

A friend’s son was murdered when a young man shot him in the neck many years ago.  The murderer was black, the victim white.  It would be perfectly normal for someone who has walked in those shoes to say “Well... what about that situation.  Where’s the prime time coverage from the president on that?  It happens everyday.”. 

I think Un’s comment and point actually mirrors yours— how about we come together and try and fight for the greater good.  He just perhaps saw the message as more political then you did, perhaps quite understandably given your family situation.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m very sorry to hear about your daughter and her experience.  I have never understood that sort of hatred toward people, it seems so damn pointless.  

My only feedback beyond that is it’s impossible to know what anyone else’s life experiences are and why they might have a reaction to a politician leveraging this sort of thing.  It’s the ultimate whataboutism, though not in the overused internet sense.  

A friend’s son was murdered when a young man shot him in the neck many years ago.  The murderer was black, the victim white.  It would be perfectly normal for someone who has walked in those shoes to say “Well... what about that situation.  Where’s the prime time coverage from the president on that?  It happens everyday.”. 

I think Un’s comment and point actually mirrors yours— how about we come together and try and fight for the greater good.  He just perhaps saw the message as more political then you did, perhaps quite understandably given your family situation.  

Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Keep in mind that by July 4th——maybe we can gather in small groups—-not large gatherings like inaugurations and whatnot,  and by then, he’ll tell you what you can and cannot do.  

I also enjoyed the May 1 declaration where every adult in the country can be vaccinated!  Well, not vaccinated, but in line waiting to be vaccinated—unlike now, when every adult who wants to be vaccinated is waiting in groups.  

Things are pushing forward regardless.  States have made their decisions, people are making theirs as well.  

The Texas Rangers will be opening up their games to full capacity but if we're good little children and mind our p's & q's daddy may just allow us to have a few friends over for a BBQ in four months.  Thank you...thank you....thank you!! 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The Texas Rangers will be opening up their games to full capacity but if we're good little children and mind our p's & q's daddy may just allow us to have a few friends over for a BBQ in four months.  Thank you...thank you....thank you!! 

Define “a few” Chef.  And keep in mind President Biden has already explained that he will tell you what you can and cannot do later this year.  Don’t make him come over there to Cali....or you’re going to be sorry. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Define “a few” Chef.  And keep in mind President Biden has already explained that he will tell you what you can and cannot do later this year.  Don’t make him come over there to Cali....or you’re going to be sorry. 

We know how do deal with the likes of Biden.  Remember we've been gathering in restaurants mask-less shoulder to shoulder for months now in defiance of Navin Grewsom.  Bring it on old man!! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/12/2021 at 3:22 PM, Chef Jim said:

One thing Biden's team understands is if you give the most conservative predictions you'll look good when you beat them.  It's why many publicly traded companies nudge elbows with earning estimate firms to lower their estimates so they can "beat" them in order to drive up their stock price.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

One thing Biden's team understands is if you give the most conservative predictions you'll look good when you beat them.  It's why many publicly traded companies nudge elbows with earning estimate firms to lower their estimates so they can "beat" them in order to drive up their stock price.

Under commit and over deliver ... good practice in business 

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Under commit and over deliver ... good practice in business 

In most situations.  If I was an airline pilot I wouldn't want to tell my passengers we'll probably arrive safely at our destination.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

In most situations.  If I was an airline pilot I wouldn't want to tell my passengers we'll probably arrive safely at our destination.

I was on a United flight once when the pilot told us we were losing fuel, didn't know why and couldn't make it to our destination.  We ended up landing at an airport that was closed at the time.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Ahhh yes!  Strive for mediocrity instills all sorts of confidence.  But I’ve not had confidence in our government for a long time. 

Putting a specific date on anything related to a pandemic is stupid. And yes thar includes Trump.  

Edited by Chef Jim