Deep thoughts,with Bruce Vilanch: Drew Brees edition

Good morning from the west coast, mods feel free to delete, but I feel Drew Brees is a big enough name to have a topic about. 

Drew Brees has yet to announce his retirement and I just enjoyed some of the devils lettuce which always leads to real deep thoughts. I think Drew comes back next year and here's why. I think he feels such a connection to the city of New Orleans, that, along with the day by day improvement in regards to covid-19 (which btw, I work at a hospital and it's getting so much better, light at the end of the tunnel!) has Drew thinking he gives it one more year and has a proper farewell tour with fans in the stands. He has meant so much to that city and I believe him getting a chance to say goodbye to his fans has him questioning retirement. The saints still have a formidable squad even with the guys they are going to lose to the cap, I think he takes a pay cut to help the team, and gives it one more go. Have a great day everyone, and for real, we're close to getting back to some normalcy, Go Bills.

Edited by BruceVilanch

From one Oregonian to another, pass the pipe.😎. Brees is done, but it is strange that he has not announced anything.  I hope he retires; he’s got nothing left. It’s amazing how long he’s been in the league and how long he sustained such a high level of play.

Looking at his contract, he’s done.  Or at least done as a Saint.  He’s only on the books for $1M of new money this season and we know that’s not happening.  That - and some voidable years - are just there so that the Saints can designate him a June 1 release and move a bunch of his cap hit to next year. 

Brees contract details

• BruceVilanch changed the title to Deep thoughts,with Bruce Vilanch: Drew Brees edition