Biden's follies

11 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Crime? It was just negligence and he gave them back after six years. Move along already!

He just saw them almost every weekend in his garage and never reported them.  That's cooperation!

Never Trump Is Really Disappointed in Joe Biden, and It's Absolutely Hilarious

970fbe86-8f92-4aa5-9c58-73ed67545c46-860

I regret to inform you that Never Trump is really disappointed in Joe Biden.

The president is currently ensnared in a major scandal regarding his illegal taking and possession of classified documents following his vice presidency. No less than four different batches have been found, including some in the filing cabinet of his home office.

In response, the White House has been less than forthcoming in an to cover up what happened. Basic questions about how the classified material ended up in Biden’s home and office spaces have gone unanswered while the president himself claims he has no knowledge of anything. Apparently, those classified documents just got into his home office all by themselves.

His excuses have been weak, to say the least, and that’s got Never Trump extraordinaire Mona Charen expressing her distaste with how Biden is handling all this. 

{snip}

Still, on the merits, she’s correct. Biden snarking about the classified documents not “sitting out on the street” is not how a mature statesman responds to the revelation that he may have committed multiple federal crimes. Further, as has been previously highlighted, the White House has ranged from being obfuscatory to outright lying in trying to explain the situation away.

So do I feel sorry for Charen given how much stock she put in Biden? Not even a little bit. On the contrary, I find her response absolutely hilarious.

For clarity, Joe Biden has never been the stoic statesman with a gentle hand that Charen previously presented him as in order to justify her opposition to Trump. Rather, he has always been an entitled, angry human being who probably doesn’t even take responsibility for conceiving his own kids. Nothing is ever Biden’s fault, and it’s been that way his entire career. That his penchant for buck-passing has escalated as president doesn’t absolve those who fell for the con.

Besides, I find Charen’s insinuation that this is the first real hiccup for Biden to be laughable. Was she asleep while he destroyed Afghanistan and then claimed victory? Or when he ran inflation to levels not seen in nearly half a century? Or when we had a supply chain crisis? Or when he botched his response to Russia, failing to stop them from invading Europe? At what point before his classified documents scandal did Biden “restore a modicum of trust” to the nation? Because I must have missed that.

But hey, whatever. Never Trump hitched their wagon to Biden and now they have to own him. There’s no backing out now with mild chiding in the pages of leftwing rags. They sold their political souls to back a man who they used to vehemently oppose on the basis of core principles. Now, those chickens are coming home to roost, and I’m grabbing popcorn, not making room back in the Republican party for them.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/01/16/never-trump-is-really-disappointed-in-joe-biden-and-its-absolutely-hilarious-n689549

Biden Orders a Bacon Burger, Washington Post Wets Itself

BY STEPHEN GREEN 

When Presidentish Joe Biden stages a “surprise” burger order as part of a political ploy to boast about the economy, what’s a respected newspaper to do?

Gush like a schoolgirl, apparently.

It’s unseemly enough for Biden to brag about small business creation after this country — in a lockdown effort led mostly by Democrats — put nearly half of the nation’s small businesses out of business. But when his handlers choose this moment — when tech and financial firms are laying off workers by the thousands — the ploy goes from being merely gauche to actively insulting.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/01/19/biden-orders-a-bacon-burger-washington-post-wets-itself-n1663113

• Like (+1) 1

Rasmussen has some interesting poll results today:

As President Joe Biden prepares to face off with House Republicans over the U.S. government’s debt ceiling, a majority of voters would rather have a government shutdown than to have Congress sign off on more spending.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 56% of Likely U.S. Voters would rather have a partial government shutdown until Congress can agree to either cut spending or keep it the same. Just 34% would rather avoid a partial shutdown by authorizing more spending.

Quick, someone tell the Washington Post! Or better yet, the GOP leaders in Congress. More:

[M]ost voters think spending is the problem. Sixty-six percent (66%) believe politicians’ unwillingness to reduce government spending is more to blame for the size of the federal deficit than taxpayers’ unwillingness to pay more in taxes. Twenty-one percent (21%) think taxpayers are more to blame for the size of the deficit.

Another 13% are not sure.

I love that 21%. They’re the Democrats’ hard core, but they aren’t remotely close to being a majority.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/biden_administration/debt_ceiling_56_prefer_shutdown

• Like (+1) 1

I know that PPP does a lot of the "what if your side said this ?  Nonsense.

But really, how would you on the Left feel if a conservative judicial candidate answered this way ?

The Senate Judiciary Committee is holding confirmation hearings for Joe Biden’s judicial nominees today. One of those nominees is Judge Charnelle Bjelkengren, who came recommended by Washington Democratic Sen. Patty Murray to serve as a U.S. District Court Judge in the Eastern District of Washington. According to Murray herself, Judge Bjelkengren is more than qualified for the job.

And with that in mind, after watching this, we have serious concerns about Patty Murray’s judgment of character and competence:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/01/26/this-is-fine-biden-judicial-nominee-cant-answer-sen-kennedys-questions-about-the-constitution/

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I know that PPP does a lot of the "what if your side said this ?  Nonsense.

But really, how would you on the Left feel if a conservative judicial candidate answered this way ?

The Senate Judiciary Committee is holding confirmation hearings for Joe Biden’s judicial nominees today. One of those nominees is Judge Charnelle Bjelkengren, who came recommended by Washington Democratic Sen. Patty Murray to serve as a U.S. District Court Judge in the Eastern District of Washington. According to Murray herself, Judge Bjelkengren is more than qualified for the job.

And with that in mind, after watching this, we have serious concerns about Patty Murray’s judgment of character and competence:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/01/26/this-is-fine-biden-judicial-nominee-cant-answer-sen-kennedys-questions-about-the-constitution/

When do they ask the nominee what a woman is? I’m sure they know the answer to that one! 

• Haha (+1) 1

More Biden E-mails from 2020

Woohoo! Bring on the light!

Oh. We’re starting to get the feeling that Biden’s word is utterly useless.

In fact, it may be a predictor of the exact opposite of what he says he’s going to do.

spit-take-laughing.gif   "My word as a Biden"  

• Like (+1) 3