The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

41 minutes ago, yall said:

So is your assertion that the FBI knowingly allowed it to happen?

I am not asserting it, I am stating it is unfortunately believable due to their political activities. I am curious why do you think they were so ill prepared for a well publicized event with known bad actors present? Epps, whether fed or not, stated on camera he planned to enter the capitol on January 6th. 

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Allowed it to happen?  I believe the truth will come out that various agency assets present on 1/6 made it happen.

At the very least, it was inexcusable incompetence in not having anywhere close to enough security around the Capitol when they had advanced warning of the rally and they knew people would be upset.  This wasn't some "spontaneous protest over an internet video [made and posted months earlier]." 

And my minimum point with Epps is that all it takes is for one person to plant an idea, incite a crowd and then facilitate what he's advocating.  And he doesn't necessarily have to be working with someone/some group (and again, if Trump and/or any Repub had told him to break into the Capitol, we would have known by now).

Edited by Doc

16 hours ago, Doc said:

At the very least, it was inexcusable incompetence in not having anywhere close to enough security around the Capitol when they had advanced warning of the rally and they knew people would be upset.  This wasn't some "spontaneous protest over an internet video [made and posted months earlier]." 

And my minimum point with Epps is that all it takes is for one person to plant an idea, incite a crowd and then facilitate what he's advocating.  And he doesn't necessarily have to be working with someone/some group (and again, if Trump and/or any Repub had told him to break into the Capitol, we would have known by now).

I suggest at this point "The Committee" is less interested in the truth than they are in keeping the story front-and-center for as long as possible.  What does anyone expect from a group of lawmakers all believing a specific pre-conceived conclusion and not disposed in any way to proceed with any sense of objectively?  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I suggest at this point "The Committee" is less interested in the truth than they are in keeping the story front-and-center for as long as possible.  What does anyone expect from a group of lawmakers all believing a specific pre-conceived conclusion and not disposed in any way to proceed with any sense of objectively?  

And why is that?  

8 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

No need to suggest: that's exactly what they're doing.  Again there are whole departments full of individuals whose job 24/7/52 is to investigate this stuff...and they've come up empty.  A committee full of idiots who have staffers do their work isn't going to find *****.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

See 2nd sentence: A group of lawmakers all believing a specific pre-conceived conclusion and not disposed in any way to proceed with any sense of objectivity.

Oh dear, you don't think that he actually read your reply, before he commented, do you ?

"An 'insurrection,' as the dictionary will tell you, is a violent uprising against a government or other established authority."

"Unlike the violent riots that swept the country in the summer of 2020—riots that caused some $2 billion in property damage and claimed more than 20 lives—the January 6 protest at the Capitol lasted a few hours, caused minimal damage, and the only person directly killed was an unarmed female Trump supporter who was shot by a Capitol Hill Police officer. It was, as Tucker Carlson said shortly after the event, a political protest that 'got out of hand.'" 

Writes Roger Kimball in "The January 6 Insurrection Hoax" (Real Clear Politics). 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/10/31/the_january_6_insurrection_hoax_146663.html

Edited by B-Man
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

See 2nd sentence: A group of lawmakers all believing a specific pre-conceived conclusion and not disposed in any way to proceed with any sense of objectivity.

So nothing nefarious happened?

And if something nefarious happened the select committee isn’t bipartisan enough for you to be legit? 

Edited by BillStime

23 minutes ago, BillStime said:

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

a specific pre-conceived conclusion and not disposed in any way to proceed with any sense of objectivity.

All-Pro's point is proved.