Clayton Rips Into TD...Again

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clayton is just pissed because he has been reporting for a month that the Henry trade would be going down "any day now" with Arizona. He is the one who looks like a douche bag, not TD.

317311[/snapback]

DING!

What do we have for him, Johnny?

Light Bulb head blasts Donohoe, but i got to give the Bills GM credit for not giving in. When you say what you want for him, then back down or settle desperately for what's offered, you lose in the long run. How would he play hard ball again if he just gives in? This to me would affect any future deals in a negative way. No one will ever take Donohoe seriously and he'll lose his poker face.

If Henry wants to hold out, let him. he won't get paid. Worst case scenario, he is Willis's back up, he has to perform if he wants interest from other clubs. Hold outs are not attractive when you want to market yourself.

I don't think he will be much of a "locker room cancer", because I feel the team already has moved on with the mindset that he is gone. Any bickering from Henry will be like a fart in the wind. I honestly feel that.

Kudos to Tom Donohoe.

317295[/snapback]

The problem is that he won't contribute to us winning a single game this season and he's worth more to us traded. Donahoe failed to correctly assess the marketplace. I can't imagine that Henry will come and play here. So it's cap space and bucks wasted. It's in Henry's best interests to sit out. The market next year for backup RBs isn't going to net him more than if he holds out.

Trading him is a win-win but Donahoe's ego and faulty sense of "Henry's worth" have cost both the Bills and Henry a good deal.

Henry, however, was the one trade that should have happened and didn't. In late February, the Cardinals were ready to make an L.J. Shelton-for-Henry trade. It was a $3 million left tackle for a running back. The Bills wanted more, asking the Cardinals to swap their better position in the second round. Donahoe held firm and thought he would get a trade when the Eagles showed interest. Then came the Bucs.

The best offer was a fourth-rounder from the Eagles. The Bills held to the third. On Friday, the Cardinals didn't return Buffalo's phone calls. Donahoe didn't budge on his demand for more. Like a greedy gambler, Donahoe didn't know how to fold 'em and watched the Bucs, Cardinals and Eagles draft first-day running backs.

Now, he's stuck with Henry, who will probably hold out. Donahoe liked Shelton to a certain degree but Bills coaches didn't. In the end, the Bills didn't get value and have a distraction in Henry, and they might lose him and get nothing in return after the 2005 season, when his contract is up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/colu...john&id=2045197

317222[/snapback]

Ok, I'm lost here. Yes, I'm blond.

If the coaching staff didn't like Shelton, then how did we lose? Is that stupid geek that dumb for acklowdging his own error??? :( He admits to it.

Trading him is a win-win but Donahoe's ego and faulty sense of "Henry's worth" have cost both the Bills and Henry a good deal.

317439[/snapback]

Well, it took until 10PM on Day 2, but the ego-card has now been played. :(

Dont look at me chief, I'm just reporting the news...I havent listened to Clayton in years and dont plan on starting now...just figured it was something some people would like to read.

317349[/snapback]

We only like what these guys have to say, when it makes us feel good!

The problem is that he won't contribute to us winning a single game this season and he's worth more to us traded.  Donahoe failed to correctly assess the marketplace.  I can't imagine that Henry will come and play here.  So it's cap space and bucks wasted.  It's in Henry's best interests to sit out.  The market next year for backup RBs isn't going to net him more than if he holds out. 

317439[/snapback]

This is so completely and utterly wrong it is amusing.

It is in Travis Henry's best interests to sit out! Are you nuts? teams wouldn't even give up a third round draft choice for him. Why on earth would anyone sign him for anything close to decent money after sitting out an entire year pouting? It is completely in his best interests to come to Buffalo, stfu and do his job and take advantage of any opportunity to play to demonstrate to other teams why they shouldn't just ignore him again next year.

The chances are great that a team will lose a starting back and be in dire straits for a starting back in preaseason and will be willing to give up a decent pick for next year. How could it possibly be in his best interests to be sitting at home instead of being in the best football shape possible?

Finally, even if he doesn't get much chance to play for Buffalo and even if the odds are defied and no one loses a back in camp or preseason, he collects the biggest salary of his freakin' career just for being here on the roster.

Puhlease! :(

As for missing the opportunity to dump him. That is utter nonesense! For all of the reasons above, Travis will be in camp, he'll shut up and he'll like it. If God forbid Willis goes down, he will be out there auditioning for the rest of the league while chewing up yards for this team. If the odds hold true and at least one starting back goes down with a big injury, we will get what he is worth to us. Screw a 4th round pick and screw a player the coaches are adamantly opposed to acquiring! TH is more valuable to us than that right here in Buffalo.

He's probably right to a degree. TD obviously didn't see Shelton as an upgrade over Teague at LT, so why take on a 3 Mil a year salary ? He held out for a draft pick and it never happened.

So hold onto him. When some team suffers a training camp injury, trade him for a 2006 Draft pick, which has twice the talent than this years weak draft. The worse case scenerio is he stays backing up Willis for 2005.

Henry, however, was the one trade that should have happened and didn't. In late February, the Cardinals were ready to make an L.J. Shelton-for-Henry trade. It was a $3 million left tackle for a running back. The Bills wanted more, asking the Cardinals to swap their better position in the second round. Donahoe held firm and thought he would get a trade when the Eagles showed interest. Then came the Bucs.

The best offer was a fourth-rounder from the Eagles. The Bills held to the third. On Friday, the Cardinals didn't return Buffalo's phone calls. Donahoe didn't budge on his demand for more. Like a greedy gambler, Donahoe didn't know how to fold 'em and watched the Bucs, Cardinals and Eagles draft first-day running backs.

Now, he's stuck with Henry, who will probably hold out. Donahoe liked Shelton to a certain degree but Bills coaches didn't. In the end, the Bills didn't get value and have a distraction in Henry, and they might lose him and get nothing in return after the 2005 season, when his contract is up.

317222[/snapback]

My thoughts:

1. Clayton sure talks tough behind his keyboard

2. I am sooo thankful Clayton knows how to play poker

3. Clayton's a wanker

317222[/snapback]

Translation: "I wrote that the Henry to Arizona deal was done about 3 different times and now Donahoe has made me look like the idiot I am. He's a greedy loser! Na na na na na na."

Clayton = RJ's geeky older brother whose Mom wouldn't let him play with the other boys because he has asthma

What I find most silly is that you actually listen to that assclown. What has he ever won?????

Umm, did you or anyone else ever consider for even one minute that the TD and the boys were just not that interested in Shelton???? Please consider giving that some thought.

317344[/snapback]

If TD wants Shelton so bad, he can wait a few months and sign him as a free agent for less than $3 mil per year when Denny cuts him loose.

And if Donahoe gave Travis up for a 4th round pick, Clayton and all the eggheads would be writing that the Bills caved in to a disgruntled player. The Eagles can have fun with Ryan Moats and Westbrook in their backfield (I do like Westbrook but he is not an every down back). If Moats ever runs for 1300 yards in back-to-back seasons, call me. At this point, keep Henry and if he holds out, he holds out. It sends a message to shut your mouth and be a team player if you are under contract. That is more important than a 4th round pick. Why is no one ripping apart the Eagles for drafting Ryam Moats in the 3rd round when they could have had Henry?

I have no problem keeping Henry, all of his talk is just offseason babble. He'll come around and play before the season starts. If he doesn't, who cares, the Bills' were already set to going on without him so they don't lose anything. Meanwhile Travis' worth plummets the longer he sits out. It is in Henry's best interest to suck it up and play hard and, who knows, try and win back a starting position, whether it be with the Bills or some team who does see some value in him and a trade is made for him.

By the way, Clayton claims that the Cardinals did not return any of the Bills' calls, but in an article on the front of TBD, it quotes Green as saying earlier in the week, TD said he was not interested at all in Shelton.