SS Ernest Shazor

Brand J

I read 4.7 UConn James. But like I said, I don't know much about the guy. I usually won't comment unless I've seen at least a couple games on someone. Didn't see any Mich. this year.

317265[/snapback]

Straight from the NFL.com bio:

4.44 in the 40-yard dash … 340-pound bench press … 33-inch vertical jump.

That vertical is pretty nice. I saw a few Michigan games. He had some good stops in the backfield and can cover sideline to sideline. The thing is his size doesn't exactly fit the traditional spots. I was expecting him to go today. I'd give him a chance, especially w/ Milloy's and Vincent's ages and injury issues last year. I think these would be some selling points for him to sign in Buffalo, too. And I reiterate, I think his size might be a good fit in the Grey's version of the 46.

Shazor can really lay the lumber on guys. If I recall right, he's the one who made the hit against Purdue that forced a fumble in the final two minutes and set up Michigan for a game-winning drive. Problem is he was fairly susceptible to getting burned on the deep pass.

I'm surpirsed this guy didnt go. SOlid tackler. One other safety to watch that did not get drafted is Atari Bigby from UCF. Big time hitter and tackler. All conference out of the MAC. Tommorrow should be interesting in who we sign

He was the 3rd rated SS going in. At 6-3 5/8 and 228 lbs, why not give him a chance? If he doesnt pan out you dont waste a pick on him at all. He ran a 10.7 100 in high school so he had/has the speed. He would work in well with a 4-6 type defense which Buffalo does run once in a while. I think Buffalo should snatch him up.