Baltimore's Defence - As good as advertised?

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah calling Daniel Jones immobile is like calling Josh Allen a statue. It was bad analysis.

He couldn't move the last four games he played.  May want to check a dictionary.

I was explaining that the Giant's moved the ball as a team, but Jones' immobile as a QB so they could also tee off on him...  Sorry if point form was tough to follow. 

Was sacked 18 times the last three games he played, because he couldn't move......

Edited by Billsfan1972

29 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I think we need to run effectively enough for play action to be a factor. 

No. This has proven to be false. How well you run has zero effect on play action effectiveness. More important is being in situations where it makes running more likely, ie 2nd and short.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He couldn't move the last four games he played.  May want to check a dictionary.

Was sacked 18 times the last three games he played, because he couldn't move......

yea hamstring injury

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He had more rushing yards than Josh did this year. He gets sacked because he sucks, not because he's immobile.

Like I said, turrible analysis.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He had more rushing yards than Josh did this year. He gets sacked because he sucks, not because he's immobile.

Like I said, turrible analysis.

It was just explained to you & you still argue the point?????  

I guess in the OP I could have said injured (apologies😆)

Any other nuggets to share?

Is the Ravens defense good? Yes, it is. Is it ridiculously good? No, it’s not. Not many are. Especially in today’s NFL where rules favor the offense. But when healthy, they are good. 

Whether that’s enough for a win tonight remains to be seen. The one thing I think that can be counted on is that they won’t fall apart if Buffalo gets up by two scores. They are disciplined and Harbaugh has been here many times before. Experience ain’t everything, but it helps. 

I have no concerns about the DL or the LB’ers. The secondary is who needs to step up and play tough. Jam the WR’s. Stay close. Make jarring hits. Look for opportunities to strip the ball or pick it off. If they can do that, the Ravens win. If they can’t, they lose. It’s that simple. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No. This has proven to be false. How well you run has zero effect on play action effectiveness. More important is being in situations where it makes running more likely, ie 2nd and short.

Really? Would you have evidence? I thought being predictable and one dimensional can hurt an offense.

5 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Really? Would you have evidence? I thought being predictable and one dimensional can hurt an offense.

This has been discussed in numerous threads with links to 5 or 6 studies done on it. Don't have time to look it up but you can either search this forum for it or google it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I hope the refs call their grabbiness in pass coverage. And, if they do watch Harbaugh whine, whine, whine and his secondary will join him. Painful to watch refs respond to him.

Adam Schefter said on Twitter that he's concerned about the refs calling penalties "because of the way the Ravens CBs play defense".  I was like don't you mean the concern is for the Ravens COMMITTING penalties?  I hope they don't get the Gilmore treatment of a free pass on illegal contact on 3/4 of his plays.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Big fast and physical D line that can completely shutdown the run and then get after the QB.

Impressive how they completely shut Henry down.

Bills oline will have to play really well tonight. 

As I posted they too did it for 3 quarters the first time they played, but then he came alive.  Vrabel was convinced the same would happen last week and kept handing him the ball.

Was a huge mistake.