2020: The Season of Dead Bills Narratives

JohnNord

Part of the most gratifying thing about this season is the narratives surrounding the Bills which the fan base has carried around....some for decades...that have all but ended. 

Team Narratives:

1. The Bills haven’t had a 300 yard passer in 2+ years.

2. The Bills haven’t been AFC East Champions since 1996.

3. The Bills haven’t hosted a home playoff game since 1995.

4. The Bills haven’t won a playoff game since 1995

5. The McDermott led Bills teams can’t beat playoff teams and only beat up on bad ones. 
6. The Bills can’t beat The Patriots (yeah I know...but still)

Individual Narratives:

1. Josh Allen is inaccurate and a bad QB

2. Sean McDermott prefers to coach conservatively and can’t match wits with good coaches 

3. Stefan Diggs is a diva and will complain by mid-season about his lack of targets.

Any others I’m forgetting?

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 2

Another narrative that I would like to believe is what they used to think of our fan base -

They used to say we are a bunch of chicken wing eating crazy fans....um ok point taken,  they maaaay still got us on that one there lol - but they have also seen the passionate fan base grow and that is including in generosity from Andy Dalton's charity, and then this year with Oishei  Children's donations and 26 Shirts has been amazing too! 

And some old lines were said about the players that some would not want to play for Buffalo like it was in Siberia or something yet - we have a great team with guys who know they have a home and can be the best version of themselves.  And the multi-million dollar training facility shows the owners have deep pockets for their guys too.

6 hours ago, The BLUES Brothers said:

Another narrative that I would like to believe is what they used to think of our fan base -

They used to say we are a bunch of chicken wing eating crazy fans....um ok point taken,  they maaaay still got us on that one there lol - but they have also seen the passionate fan base grow and that is including in generosity from Andy Dalton's charity, and then this year with Oishei  Children's donations and 26 Shirts has been amazing too! 

And some old lines were said about the players that some would not want to play for Buffalo like it was in Siberia or something yet - we have a great team with guys who know they have a home and can be the best version of themselves.  And the multi-million dollar training facility shows the owners have deep pockets for their guys too.

I would agree with this, I think people definitely see the generosity of the fan base.

In a way though, I feel the majority of people see “The Bills Mafia” as drunk, frat party-goers, who jump through tables and do stupid *****, thanks to the ridiculous videos from the Hammer’s Lot.

The past two years when I’ve gone to Bills games you always see an out-of-town fan from Canada or elsewhere asking “where can we see broken tables?”  You have to really search to find this sort thing at a tailgate.  

I was pleased to hear that fans today complied with all the regulations and this will likely mean fans in attendance for a 2nd game 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

How about "Why not activate and play Christian Wade?"

Or "Duke William's is the best WR on the roster."

Those are not 'dead narratives'.  They are 'universal truths'. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
PS: Tim Tuel for backup; 2021!
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Part of the most gratifying thing about this season is the narratives surrounding the Bills which the fan base has carried around....some for decades...that have all but ended. 

Team Narratives:

1. The Bills haven’t had a 300 yard passer in 2+ years.

2. The Bills haven’t been AFC East Champions since 1996.

3. The Bills haven’t hosted a home playoff game since 1995.

4. The Bills haven’t won a playoff game since 1995

5. The McDermott led Bills teams can’t beat playoff teams and only beat up on bad ones. 
6. The Bills can’t beat The Patriots (yeah I know...but still)

Individual Narratives:

1. Josh Allen is inaccurate and a bad QB

2. Sean McDermott prefers to coach conservatively and can’t match wits with good coaches 

3. Stefan Diggs is a diva and will complain by mid-season about his lack of targets.

Any others I’m forgetting?

Let's hope we can add " The Bills have never won a Superbowl"