How Do The Players Not Object?

Bob Lamb

I know I noticed when I still went to games - but the time outs are getting ridonkulous

From Phil Mushnick's column in the NY Post

How to make 2 minutes last forever:

For a multitude of reasons, the NFL continues to make it easier to walk away and never return.

Here’s one: Sunday’s first-half two-minute warning in Giants-Ravens began with 1:58 left on the clock. It next took 23 minutes to complete the half — 23 minutes to play 1:58, no stoppages to treat injuries or await replay challenges.

Two timeouts called after the two-minute warning commercials break included five more minutes of commercials, two of them reruns from the previous commercial stoppage.

Of course, with no one in the stadia, no PSL suckers had to suffer the elements during those 23 minutes of commercial breaks waste before the 12- to 15-minute halftime break.

4 minutes ago, Bob Lamb said:

For a multitude of reasons, the NFL continues to make it easier to walk away and never return

This has absolutely been happening to me over the last few years.

There's been a ton of games that I just turned off and never turned back on because I've got better things to do than watch pointless replays or repetitive commercials.

• Like (+1) 2

I think the PLAYERS are fine with it since the paycheck clears. The fans have to watch all that revenue flow into the coffers before we get to watch what we tuned in for. I guess I’m numb to it by now? 

It’s like the end of a basketball game. I tune in to see my college team play but the game before has a minute or two left. It can take a lifetime to get to the end. Sometimes they even move the next game to another channel until they can finish one minute of basketball in another city. It’s crazy, but it is what it is. 

9 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Why would the players object? They get to chill on the sidelines or get more of a breather. The commercials pay for their checks as well. It what it is at this point. I stopped fighting it years ago. Drink more beer during the commercials helps a bit.

Well I think there is a difference between chilling on sideline of Miami in October and Green Bay in January - Green Bay water does not risk Montezuma's revenge.

Their new favorite trick is the commercial break despite the fact that they are not actually in a commercial break.

They just stop covering the game, usually for 30 seconds, and kind of do a commercial while showing the field in a smaller split screen.

You have to record these games and watch about an hour late.

Even then, I find it annoying how frequently I have to reach for the remote and FF.  

These games are 1 long commercial interrupted now and a gain with brief snippets of football.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.