3 out of the top 5 or so 2020 QBs (FHOFs) & their Super Bowl droughts: Wilson (6 yrs), Rodgers (9 yrs), Brees (10 yrs)

Just a simple point here. The only thing is these QBs were (and are still) considered the very best this league has to offer at the times that they made their last Super Bowl appearances and they did so with visions of sugar plumbs dancing in every commentators head of how many times they would be back and how many Super Bowls they would win.

This doesn't influence how i think of them.  It just makes me think that past performance is not indicative of future Championships.

I am not thinking about the future of the Bills, at all.  I am not thinking about the coordinators.  I am not thinking about Josh's contract.  I am not thinking about who we will be able to keep or who we will have to let go.

You strike while the iron is hot.  It is absolutely everything about right now because I don't know about, and I don't really care about, tomorrow.  

As a beloved Buffalo Bill once said, "Our Super Bowl is the Super Bowl." (it may have been Gary Marangi 😉)

Please capitalize on this moment, gentlemen, because right not it is obviously all we have.  

GO BILLS!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Spot on per usual, Donuts. Tomorrow is never given. Ask Danny Marino, unquestionably one of the best ever, how long his drought wound up being after making it to the SB in his 2nd season?!! Once the Bills got up to speed with Kelly, Marino's road never made it past Buffalo. Yet, at the time he was expected to make it multiple times, just as we expect Josh to crush all opposition on his way to the big show many times in his career... 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Spot on per usual, Donuts. Tomorrow is never given. Ask Danny Marino, unquestionably one of the best ever, how long his drought wound up being after making it to the SB in his 2nd season?!! Once the Bills got up to speed with Kelly, Marino's road never made it past Buffalo. Yet, at the time he was expected to make it multiple times, just as we expect Josh to crush all opposition on his way to the big show many times in his career... 

So very well said, as usual for you, Dear Mr. HUDS!

Can you imagine, though?  I mean really?  Not to stick with the Christmas tie ins, but being either the Ghost of Christmas Future or Clarence from It's A Wonderful Life and having 24 year old Dan Marino look at you with a blank expression and saying, "What?  No...no-no.  I am going to go back many times.  I am going to have a long Super Bowl career!"

"No, Danny my boy.  You are going to be the old maid.  A great one, but an old maid, nonetheless."

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

So very well said, as usual for you, Dear Mr. HUDS!

Can you imagine, though?  I mean really?  Not to stick with the Christmas tie ins, but being either the Ghost of Christmas Future or Clarence from It's A Wonderful Life and having 24 year old Dan Marino look at you with a blank expression and saying, "What?  No...no-no.  I am going to go back many times.  I am going to have a long Super Bowl career!"

"No, Danny my boy.  You are going to be the old maid.  A great one, but an old maid, nonetheless."

Begs the question what's preferable--going to the dance many times and always coming up short, or never getting to go again at all? It's funny, but only in the NFL could some talking heads call the Bills 'lovable losers' for going 4 times and losing all, but which actually means they had to win many more games inc. AFC Championships than Danny boy to ever get there, whilst Marino is normally not referred to as a choker or loser--this would actually apply to any great QB who's never been or only went once, etc... 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Just a simple point here. The only thing is these QBs were (and are still) considered the very best this league has to offer at the times that they made their last Super Bowl appearances and they did so with visions of sugar plumbs dancing in every commentators head of how many times they would be back and how many Super Bowls they would win.

This doesn't influence how i think of them.  It just makes me think that past performance is not indicative of future Championships.

I am not thinking about the future of the Bills, at all.  I am not thinking about the coordinators.  I am not thinking about Josh's contract.  I am not thinking about who we will be able to keep or who we will have to let go.

You strike while the iron is hot.  It is absolutely everything about right now because I don't know about, and I don't really care about, tomorrow.  

As a beloved Buffalo Bill once said, "Our Super Bowl is the Super Bowl." (it may have been Gary Marangi 😉)

Please capitalize on this moment, gentlemen, because right not it is obviously all we have.  

GO BILLS!

Yeah...every new is a new year.  You are not guaranteed anything.  The Bills have had a magical ride this year but who is to say what will happen when Daboll leaves with the offense.  It will still be good but will it be juggernaut good and unstoppable? What happens when Josh Allen becomes the next half a billion dollar man and we devote a huge chunk of the cap to him? 

We have everything we need to win the Super Bowl RIGHT NOW.  If we don't take advantage of it we might rue the day...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Agree 100%.  Cherish the moment, you don't know when you get it again, lots of things can happen.   The Bills are in a great position injury wise, Josh coming into his own and they are set up against a 7 seed, a team that would not be in the playoffs in any previous year.  The AFC is deep but the way it seeded, it has lined up nicely, especially if Pitt beats Cleveland.  Now is the time, not some future year!

• Awesome! (+1) 1