We Should Enjoy The Brian Daboll Era While We Can

Irv

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

This is definitely a factor.  Coach Diabolical dials up plays which are only successful with Josh Allen and some of the other players Bills have.  

It took a while for him to get all of his toys up to speed and many GMs will not be as patient.

In addition since many head coaches will be filled before he is available he will lose opportunities on coaches for his staff.

We will see how many new head coaches are needed on Murder Monday.

This is the disadvantage many playoff coaches have in getting head coach position and creating a staff.

I think biggest worry is him getting HC position and getting Dorsey to follow him as OC on new team.

One advantage Daboll has is he has some (not a lot) defense coach experience.

Please don't even think that. Dorsey has to retained and even made OC.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Hanging 56 on the NFLs top scoring defense with mostly BUs adds to his HC resume. If he wants a job he has it. 

I hope he wants the job he has..

Also, I don't think it's the end of the world if he leaves..

12 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Please don't even think that. Dorsey has to retained and even made OC.

I do not think Dorsey has enough experience to be OC for HC with defense background which is why Diabol if he gets offer as HC for team which does not have a coach he wants for QB he may make Dorsey an offer.

Dorsey as OC for Diabol HC: asset

Dorsey as OC for offense oriented HC: may be asset

Dorsey as OC for defense oriented HC: not an asset IMO

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I hope he wants the job he has..

Also, I don't think it's the end of the world if he leaves..

I think he will be very cautious of his next position he takes. Working with BB, Saban and McD I think showed him his stock in’s to going to get hurt by waiting for an opportunity that is what he feels is great presents itself. Chargers come to my mind. But I do think he isn’t taking a HC job just to be a HC if situation isn’t right Say Atlanta or Jets. 

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

I do not think Dorsey has enough experience to be OC for HC with defense background which is why Diabol if he gets offer as HC for team which does not have a coach he wants for QB he may make Dorsey an offer.

Dorsey as OC for Diabol HC: asset

Dorsey as OC for offense oriented HC: may be asset

Dorsey as OC for defense oriented HC: not an asset IMO

Just factor in being OC for this loaded offense that will only get better and that you are in a comfort zone with almost guarantees success and eventually a HC gig. Gotta be better than a rebuild.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I think he will be very cautious of his next position he takes. Working with BB, Saban and McD I think showed him his stock in’s to going to get hurt by waiting for an opportunity that is what he feels is great presents itself. Chargers come to my mind. But I do think he isn’t taking a HC job just to be a HC if situation isn’t right Say Atlanta or Jets. 

I agree. I think the Chargers are about the only 'slam dunk' job out there. I'd say Texans might be attractive if they sort out their front office real quick. 

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The last 3/4 of this season I agree, but man he’s been mediocre the other 3.25 seasons here.

Ken Dorsey is the guy we cannot lose

There are so many things wrong with this post. 

He’s been here for 3 seasons including this year... Rick Dennison was the OC the first season under McDermott. 

The last 3/4 of the season only? What about weeks 1-4 when the Bills averaged over 30 PPG. 

and our QB coach is more valuable than Daboll? The QB coach that doesn’t call plays and doesn’t work with Josh Allen in the off-season. 

Got it. 

The last 3/4 of this season I agree, but man he’s been mediocre the other 3.25 seasons here.

He’s been here for 3 seasons including this year... Rick Dennison was the OC the first season under McDermott. 

The last 3/4 of the season only? What about weeks 1-4 when the Bills averaged over 30 PPG. 

and our QB coach is more valuable than Daboll? The QB coach that doesn’t call plays and doesn’t work with Josh Allen in the off-season. 

Got it. 

Got it. 

Got it.