So who is left in this draft?

Who is left that shouldn't be in this draft?-----------Who do you think is the best available?

Here's mine--(no order)

1.Elton Brown---OL

2.Ben Wilkerson---OL

3.Anttaj Hawthorne---DL

I'm no expert but it looks to me that there is still some talent left here!

Thoughts?

Who is left that shouldn't be in this draft?-----------Who do you think is the best available?

Here's mine--(no order)

1.Elton Brown---OL

2.Ben Wilkerson---OL

3.Anttaj Hawthorne---DL

Thoughts?

315875[/snapback]

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr.../Remainders.htm

Of this list, I'd be happy with:

Jason Brown--C

Ray Willis--OT

Anttaj Hawthorne--DL

Dan Buenning--OG

Ronald Fields--DL

(see a trend! :D )

That's about right.  If Hawthorne or Brown is still there at our next pick, I'll be amazed if we don't take one of them.

315923[/snapback]

Yeah me too. However, I'm sure they won't be there. They'll be taken with the two previous picks to our pick in the fourth.

Here's an interesting OT prospect that we might be able to nab in the 5th or 6th because of injury concerns. It's a gamble but I've seen him play and without the injury he should have gone already.

Wesley Britt

T, Alabama

War Room analysis

Strengths: Is a leader who loves the game and works hard on and off the field. Is one of the best run-blocking tackles in this class. Takes excellent angles, and shows explosive initial pop. Plays with a mean streak. Uses large wingspan well in pass protection.

Weaknesses: Durability is a big concern because of a hairline leg fracture during Senior Bowl practice. It's the same leg into which doctors inserted a permanent rod and two screws into his tibia in October 2003. Must add bulk and lower-body strength. Lacks great technique in pass protection. Must learn to use hands more effectively and play with more consistent leverage. Must improve footwork when moving laterally. Lacks quickness.

Bottom line: Britt has a chance to be a solid NFL lineman. He was downgraded for medical reasons but is an interesting prospect. Expect him to go in the early third round but it is possible he will rise into the late second round in the days leading up to the draft.

Dan Pompei analysis

Is a big left tackle pass-protecting prospect with long levers. Uses hands well. Shows good footwork and can slide. Is both smart and tough. Needs to get stronger and play with better leverage. Bends his waist a bit too much

Here's mine--(no order)

1.Elton Brown---OL

2.Ben Wilkerson---OL

3.Anttaj Hawthorne---DL

Thoughts?

315875[/snapback]

I think you're obsessed with the perceived positional needs at OL.

Just remember this - last year TD had 13 OTs in training camp.

He obvously knows better than the likes of us that sheer numbers can make up for quality when it comes to the OL.

Have faith in his genius brother. When it's his time, if the best available athlete is a tennis player - he'll pick 'em.

Here's an interesting OT prospect that we might be able to nab in the 5th or 6th because of injury concerns.  It's a gamble but I've seen him play and without the injury he should have gone already.

Wesley Britt

T, Alabama

War Room analysis

Strengths: Is a leader who loves the game and works hard on and off the field. Is one of the best run-blocking tackles in this class. Takes excellent angles, and shows explosive initial pop. Plays with a mean streak. Uses large wingspan well in pass protection.

Weaknesses: Durability is a big concern because of a hairline leg fracture during Senior Bowl practice. It's the same leg into which doctors inserted a permanent rod and two screws into his tibia in October 2003. Must add bulk and lower-body strength. Lacks great technique in pass protection. Must learn to use hands more effectively and play with more consistent leverage. Must improve footwork when moving laterally. Lacks quickness.

Bottom line: Britt has a chance to be a solid NFL lineman. He was downgraded for medical reasons but is an interesting prospect. Expect him to go in the early third round but it is possible he will rise into the late second round in the days leading up to the draft.

Dan Pompei analysis

Is a big left tackle pass-protecting prospect with long levers. Uses hands well. Shows good footwork and can slide. Is both smart and tough. Needs to get stronger and play with better leverage. Bends his waist a bit too much

315982[/snapback]

Speaking of Alabama, was Evan Mathis selected yet?

Here's mine--(no order)

1.Elton Brown---OL

2.Ben Wilkerson---OL

3.Anttaj Hawthorne---DL

Thoughts?

315875[/snapback]

Is Rob Petitti OT from Pitt still there ..if he is grab him

:D

Here's mine--(no order)

1.Elton Brown---OL

2.Ben Wilkerson---OL

3.Anttaj Hawthorne---DL

Thoughts?

315875[/snapback]

Draft magazines love Brown. He does hava an arrest record dating back to 1999, but is said to have been a "good citizen" at UVA. Besides, what are few assault collars amongst friends? :D

I dont think he will last very long, but stranger things have happened I guess.

Jason Brown

Ben Wilkerson

Elton Brown

Michael Munoz

Darren Sproles

Antonio Perkins

Antaaj Hawthorne

And honestly, with the way the draft is panning out; if Kyle Orton was there at pick #4 and a number of those guys above weren't, i'd take him to be groomed into the AVP of the Bills.

316014[/snapback]

I'm telling you, whoever gets that Munoz kid will have a STEAL. When healthy, he is dominant and as a 4th rounder...I'd be willing to take a chance.

My list of good players still available (not a need based list)

Ben Wilkerson, C

Jason Brown, C

Elton Brown G

Chris Kemoeatu, G

Claude Terrell, G/T

Micheal Munoz OT

CJ Brooks SS

Ernest Shazor, SS

Brandon Bowner, CB

Donte Nichlson SS

Kyle Orton QB

Antajj Hawthorne, DT

Lance Mitchell, LB

Chris Canty, DE

CJ Mosley, DT

Anthony Bryant, DT

Lefors, QB

McPhearson, QB

Cedirc Houston, RB

Adam Seward, LB

Lots of good talent left...I would love to see Munoz, Brown or Hawthorn work their way to buffalo