So Unpatriotic. Just Pathetic and Dangerous For Our Country

Tiberius

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

It’s a we’ve shown you over and over again and you won’t believe fact response.  Let’s go over the things we’re asked to do and apply it to the playoff game:

1.  Wear masks.  I am quite sure that will be mandatory for the playoff game.  

2.  Distance.  The 6700 is a tenth of the capacity of the Ralph.  That allows for spacing or, put another way, distancing.

3.  Any gatherings should be limited in number and preferably outside.  Limited in number -see above.  As for outside, last time I checked no one had slapped a dome over the Ralph.

4.  Hand washing.  You want to place bets on how many sanitizing stations will be there?

I don’t know this for sure, but I would be willing to bet tailgating will be eliminated or at minimum severely curtailed in the lots operated by the team.

Your act is old and tired.  All experts in the field say that these mitigating strategies, if used by all, would significantly stop viral spread.  But they’re not.  People are either not wearing masks or wearing them improperly.  People are congregating inside in poorly ventilated spaces.  You know it; quit pretending you don’t. 

I’m sorry, but with red zones and hot zones everywhere, this decision to treat a football game like it really matters (given the state of the nation at this time) is one of the many reasons people don’t believe and/or follow the protocol.  

We have gone from don’t spend Thanksgiving with your family and no fans anywhere to suddenly, as if by magic everyone is going to arrive at the stadium by teleportation.  On top of that, the governor of one of the worst pandemically  challenged states in the Union has decreed that he and his will jet in to watch the game in person while tens of thousands can suck it at home.  

Of course, open-air teleportation of supposedly COVID-free folks (who don’t fill gas tanks or visit the local food store and surely aren’t married to anyone ever exposed to COVID) is fine, but they are forbidden from standing at their car, mask on, cooking a burger because THAT is the super spreader. 

The message being sent is the same type of perverted message sent over the past 9 months—-we could all die, so stay the 🤬home, unless your team makes the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, Tiberius said:

@B-Man

The baby Trump won't even let the next leader of our nation in on what his team needs to know. Talk about sore losers. Remember when--before Trump--we all at least could do what was good for the country, not throw temper tantrums and hissy fits over losing. Good riddance to this parasite Trump and his gang of criminals

How soon we forget ...

48 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Forget what? How the Dems acknowledged Trump won in 2016? 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-who-praised-2004-objections-to-electoral-college-certification-now-slam-hawley

plenty of examples of democrats objecting to certifying the election.  not all of them but some.  

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Please, not even close to what Trump and Rudy have been doing. 

buddy, the last four years the dems threw any rumor, any thought at the wall to take down Trump.  anything. that is not an exaggeration that is indisputable fact.  don't try and deny anything normal came from the left the last four years.   just don't.  is trump throwing ***** at the wall right now? absolutely.  but stop with the dems acted normal the last four years it's just not true.

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

buddy, the last four years the dems threw any rumor, any thought at the wall to take down Trump.  anything. that is not an exaggeration that is indisputable fact.  don't try and deny anything normal came from the left the last four years.   just don't.  is trump throwing ***** at the wall right now? absolutely.  but stop with the dems acted normal the last four years it's just not true.

This is a sad argument. Trump is a bad person and did bad things, for which the Republicans simply looked the other way. The Democrats stood up for our democracy, the rule of law and American sovereignty and that’s why you are accusing them of just “doing anything.” You are basically using Trump’s previous bad behavior to excuse his current bad behavior. That there are 70 million or so of you people out that there that buy this crap is truly sad. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is a sad argument. Trump is a bad person and did bad things, for which the Republicans simply looked the other way. The Democrats stood up for our democracy, the rule of law and American sovereignty and that’s why you are accusing them of just “doing anything.” You are basically using Trump’s previous bad behavior to excuse his current bad behavior. That there are 70 million or so of you people out that there that buy this crap is truly sad. 

And this is where you just make generalizations that have no basis in reality. I could literally say trump stood up for our democracy and rule of law and it could also be true.  And that fact there are 77 million of you who don’t believe that is truly sad.  I get it. It’s your party and you are just defending it to death but come on step into reality for a second.  

15 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m sorry, but with red zones and hot zones everywhere, this decision to treat a football game like it really matters (given the state of the nation at this time) is one of the many reasons people don’t believe and/or follow the protocol.  

We have gone from don’t spend Thanksgiving with your family and no fans anywhere to suddenly, as if by magic everyone is going to arrive at the stadium by teleportation.  On top of that, the governor of one of the worst pandemically  challenged states in the Union has decreed that he and his will jet in to watch the game in person while tens of thousands can suck it at home.  

Of course, open-air teleportation of supposedly COVID-free folks (who don’t fill gas tanks or visit the local food store and surely aren’t married to anyone ever exposed to COVID) is fine, but they are forbidden from standing at their car, mask on, cooking a burger because THAT is the super spreader. 

The message being sent is the same type of perverted message sent over the past 9 months—-we could all die, so stay the 🤬home, unless your team makes the playoffs.  

I actually agree with this to the extent you suggest that opening the gates to the BBS is a bad idea and bad precedent.  I would love to go, and I actually think it's safer than, say, going to Wegmans.  But it's just not a good idea for the optical reasons you mentioned. 

On 12/29/2020 at 2:56 PM, B-Man said:

How exciting.  In other news, more Americans admired Obama during the first three years of Trump's presidency than admired Trump.  I couldn't care less about either point.  

16 hours ago, Tiberius said:

12 years! Wow, Obama will easily beat Trump with that, and the number of terms! Also, didn’t Obama win the popular vote twice? What was Trump’s record there? Lol 😆 

Solid point.  Trump isn't just a loser, he's a two-time loser.  

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

And this is where you just make generalizations that have no basis in reality. I could literally say trump stood up for our democracy and rule of law and it could also be true.  And that fact there are 77 million of you who don’t believe that is truly sad.  I get it. It’s your party and you are just defending it to death but come on step into reality for a second.  

When has another president ever called state legislators and asked them to throw out votes? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

When has another president ever called state legislators and asked them to throw out votes? 

When has an entire party tore the country apart in a bogus investigation into unproven Russian interference in the election on trumps behalf? We could go back and forth on stuff you don’t like trump did and I could come back with plenty the dems did.  You just won’t admit your party has done anything wrong and it’s funny to watch 

Just now, aristocrat said:

When has an entire party tore the country apart in a bogus investigation into unproven Russian interference in the election on trumps behalf? We could go back and forth on stuff you don’t like trump did and I could come back with plenty the dems did.  You just won’t admit your party has done anything wrong and it’s funny to watch 

There should have been a Russian investigation, that was fully warranted. You are using Trump’s bad behavior to justify him literally trying to throw out votes. Chasing your tail. Next you will be defending Trump next crime by saying Dems were screaming Trump tried to have votes suppressed! Yes, he is and was! Chase the tail