Prioritize which upcoming UFA’s to re-sign

Dkollidas

Williams and Feliciano are my top priorities.

Maybe getting Josh on his new deal so we can plan accordingly going into the future.

Klein's turn-around makes Milano expendable at a $12-14M price tag.

Diggs has 3 well-paid seasons left on his deal. No way do we tear that up. But I could see us giving him some guarantees since right now he has no more guaranteed money left on the deal. I say keep it at $11M/yr and make it all guaranteed and he'd be happy.

17 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

. And if the cap is as low as is predicted,

Curious to what you're seeing. I dont think this will be a big deal. There is already a deal in place for a floor of $175M in a worst-case scenario. But as of last week there were reports that revenue is better than expected, and it looks like the cap will stay flat at $198M. No increase, but no decrease either.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Maybe getting Josh on his new deal so we can plan accordingly going into the future.

Diggs has 3 well-paid seasons left on his deal. No way do we tear that up. But I could see us giving him some guarantees since right now he has no more guaranteed money left on the deal. I say keep it at $11M/yr and make it all guaranteed and he'd be happy.

Curious to what you're seeing. I dont think this will be a big deal. There is already a deal in place for a floor of $175M in a worst-case scenario. But as of last week there were reports that revenue is better than expected, and it looks like the cap will stay flat at $198M. No increase, but no decrease either.

I have a feeling we could both be in Buffalo in February...

48 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

With the cap being affected by no fans, there's no way the Bills offer, or Diggs asks, for more money, especially so soon after they gave him a pay bump.

48 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

A $198M cap would be fine.  

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

With the cap being affected by no fans, there's no way the Bills offer, or Diggs asks, for more money, especially so soon after they gave him a pay bump.

A $198M cap would be fine.  

I dont expect that from Diggs either. The deal he is on is still relatively fresh (currently on year 2 of 5), and he already thought of himself as the best WR in the league when he signed it. I dont think he'll use one good season to hold out for more money. But I think it would go a long way to give him guarantees. Doesnt affect our cap situation one bit, but gives him some reassurance.

We need to keep drafting and hitting on O-Line talent, starters and depth. As we can see when Allen has time he can pick apart a defense and unleash his cannon for an arm. My absolute must signs are Feliciano and Williams with Milano being the one that might be let go. Its hard for me to say that because I absolutely love Milano, I think his ability to cover makes him extremely valuable in todays NLF. His tackling is good enough and his understating of this defense is at a level of just seeing and attacking.  I would be cutting as much fat as possible to sign all 3 of these guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I swear we both talked about if the Bills make it to the Super Bowl, we're going to Buffalo.

Ah, yes! We are definitely on that track. (Sorry, I had contract talk on the brain and was trying to figure out how us in Buffalo would get Feliciano re-signed, hahaha)

12 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

We need to keep drafting and hitting on O-Line talent, starters and depth. As we can see when Allen has time he can pick apart a defense and unleash his cannon for an arm. My absolute must signs are Feliciano and Williams with Milano being the one that might be let go. Its hard for me to say that because I absolutely love Milano, I think his ability to cover makes him extremely valuable in todays NLF. His tackling is good enough and his understating of this defense is at a level of just seeing and attacking.  I would be cutting as much fat as possible to sign all 3 of these guys. 

I agree 100% about drafting & developing OL. Regardless of whether Williams comes back. Doesn’t have to be Day 1, but just keep bringing guys through the system. The front office has also shown a propensity to find good O-Line Talent in free agency. 

• Like (+1) 1