Bills could play entire AFC playoffs at home

BITE ME

12 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Good luck with that lol

Good luck with what?  The Bills make the playoffs and there will be a ton of Buffalo fans in Tampa.  Quite a few will be in the crowd.  Tailgating will be HUGE.  I won't be shocked if that Stadium in full.  Florida is the wild west.  They don't give a crap. They realize warm weather and outside poses virtually zero covid risk and there is a vaccine now.

Bills fans will be out in force in Tampa. I will be there to tailgate.  If the tickets are under $500 I would go. I am guessing the non-corporate crowd (due to Covid) may make the tickets reasonable.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Good luck with what?  The Bills make the playoffs and there will be a ton of Buffalo fans in Tampa.  Quite a few will be in the crowd.  Tailgating will be HUGE.  I won't be shocked if that Stadium in full.  Florida is the wild west.  They don't give a crap. They realize warm weather and outside poses virtually zero covid risk and there is a vaccine now.

Bills fans will be out in force in Tampa. I will be there to tailgate.  If the tickets are under $500 I would go. I am guessing the non-corporate crowd (due to Covid) may make the tickets reasonable.

Tickets will be higher than ever.  Most fans haven't been able to attend games and this is the biggest stage in our nation....the demand will be higher.

There hasn't been a full capacity crowd yet in our sports and this would be the first in about a year.....people will salivate over these tickets.

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tickets will be higher than ever.  Most fans haven't been able to attend games and this is the biggest stage in our nation....the demand will be higher.

There hasn't been a full capacity crowd yet in our sports and this would be the first in about a year.....people will salivate over these tickets.

Without corporate money, and there is not going to be any corporate spending on tickets for this Super Bowl, it is highly unlikely the ticket prices will be anywhere near usual.  People forget the reason Super Bowl tickets get so expensive is because you are bidding against corporate accounts that don't care about price.  There are not a ton of average people that have $2500 hanging around to buy a ticket.

5 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Without corporate money, and there is not going to be any corporate spending on tickets for this Super Bowl, it is highly unlikely the ticket prices will be anywhere near usual.  People forget the reason Super Bowl tickets get so expensive is because you are bidding against corporate accounts that don't care about price.  There are not a ton of average people that have $2500 hanging around to buy a ticket.

This might be the most anticipated game in NFL history or sports history.  An entire season with little to no fans.  This will be the demand to an all time high.

You will still have corporate money.  A lot of companies still did very well in this pandemic....like mine.  Our stock increased $12.00 a share.

This will be the first major gathering of people together in the biggest sports game of the year.  There are a lot of people who will dish out a few thousand to watch that game and I'm sure there are tens of thousands in this country willing to do the same.  If the Bills make it, just out of Buffalo I would expect at least $25,000 fans.

I didn't spend money traveling this year to Bills games.  There are people who spend thousands on season tickets who didn't this year so they have that.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This might be the most anticipated game in NFL history or sports history.  An entire season with little to no fans.  This will be the demand to an all time high.

You will still have corporate money.  A lot of companies still did very well in this pandemic....like mine.  Our stock increased $12.00 a share.

This will be the first major gathering of people together in the biggest sports game of the year.  There are a lot of people who will dish out a few thousand to watch that game and I'm sure there are tens of thousands in this country willing to do the same.  If the Bills make it, just out of Buffalo I would expect at least $25,000 fans.

I didn't spend money traveling this year to Bills games.  There are people who spend thousands on season tickets who didn't this year so they have that.....

Corporations have a ton of money. They just aren't spending it to send people to the Super Bowl or any even that requires travel.  There is not a corporation in America that is spending a nickel on travel or entertainment. 

On 12/10/2020 at 8:47 AM, dorquemada said:

I'd love Buffalo/Cleveland for the AFCC.  Battle of Lake Erie, but this time for a superbowl birth rather than a slightly higher draft pick

I believed the Browns hype after the Titans, but I was wrong.  The Browns are not a good football team.  They have no chance against the Chiefs.  Right now I think the Bills are heading to Kansas City but I also think they will get the #2 seed and two home playoff games.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

under $500 for the Super Bowl?  I’d be on the first flight out of BUF if I could get a Super Bowl single ticket for anywhere close to $500

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

under $500 for the Super Bowl?  I’d be on the first flight out of BUF if I could get a Super Bowl single ticket for anywhere close to $500

I think this is the year only fans of the home teams will be showing up.  If they allow a full stadium (it is FL after all) I think the demand will be soft, primarily because people are afraid of air travel and staying in hotels.  I think if we get a Buffalo vs Green Bay/Seattle/New Orleans game I think there might actually be a surplus of tickets. 

28 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Corporations have a ton of money. They just aren't spending it to send people to the Super Bowl or any even that requires travel.  There is not a corporation in America that is spending a nickel on travel or entertainment. 

I believed the Browns hype after the Titans, but I was wrong.  The Browns are not a good football team.  They have no chance against the Chiefs.  Right now I think the Bills are heading to Kansas City but I also think they will get the #2 seed and two home playoff games.

I guess we will find out.  Especially if it's only limited seating, these tickets are going to be outrageous.  

22 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

I think this is the year only fans of the home teams will be showing up.  If they allow a full stadium (it is FL after all) I think the demand will be soft, primarily because people are afraid of air travel and staying in hotels.  I think if we get a Buffalo vs Green Bay/Seattle/New Orleans game I think there might actually be a surplus of tickets. 

The airline industry has been picking up for the last few months.  People aren't afraid to travel anymore.

LOL...there won't be a surplus.  

30 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I know....I probably have 30 friends that would go if Super Bowl tickets are anywhere near that.  I'm sure there are 50,000 other fans that would too in a heartbeat.

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I guess we will find out.  Especially if it's only limited seating, these tickets are going to be outrageous.  

The airline industry has been picking up for the last few months.  People aren't afraid to travel anymore.

LOL...there won't be a surplus.  

There is no interest in this year's game from a ticket standpoint or even from a television commercial standpoint (they have not even sold out the tv commercial space yet).  There will not be any corporate events like the usual events from Budweiser, etc.  All the "holds" on event space are no longer holds.  They are just cancelled.  A major ticket broker said they expect the tickets to go at slightly higher than face value and that is if if there is 50% capacity. They said the only thing that could change that is if the Bucs are in the game. There is no appetite for tickets right now. That could change once the two teams are known, but usually at this point corporations have bought up everything.  This year they are buying absolutely nothing.  The halftime show will likely be performed in a "bubble" somewhere too, not on the field.

Edited by FUTURIST

This is hilarious.  Tampa is not the Wild West.  They are allowing 25% which is basically 16,000 fans.  This isn’t decided by the Bucs, nor the State of FL.  The NFL is making a decision, by Goodell and team, and has to ratified by the Governor.

$500 is a joke.  It’s the opposite.  Corporations will eat up these seats in a heartbeat except for anything mandated by the league for hometown teams.  The supply and demand ina capitalist society dictates they will be upwards of $7000 a ticket.  It will be a SB for the rich.

Now I live here so I may go across the street like my first one here for the Giants in 25 and watch from the Mall across the street with 15,000 other fans.  This time probably not.

It really doesn’t matter as I’d rather watch silty my sons and dad and have a great day, enjoy the moment and hopefully see us win it.  The reality is if we beat the Chiefs in the AFCC, we’ll win the SB.  Our SB is the AFCC. We do that, we can do anything.

10 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

There is no interest in this year's game from a ticket standpoint or even from a television commercial standpoint (they have not even sold out the tv commercial space yet).  There will not be any corporate events like the usual events from Budweiser, etc.  All the "holds" on event space are no longer holds.  They are just cancelled.  A major ticket broker said they expect the tickets to go at slightly higher than face value and that is if if there is 50% capacity. They said the only thing that could change that is if the Bucs are in the game. There is no appetite for tickets right now. That could change once the two teams are known, but usually at this point corporations have bought up everything.  This year they are buying absolutely nothing.  The halftime show will likely be performed in a "bubble" somewhere too, not on the field.

They haven't sold out the space yet because the uncertainty of the game.  It's still 2 months away and who knows what could happen then.  They can always buy it later.

If tickets are anywhere near $500, you could sell out the game to just Bills fans.  You would literally have 30,000 Bills fans that live within a 6-10 hour drive to Tampa that would go immediately.

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

This is hilarious.  Tampa is not the Wild West.  They are allowing 25% which is basically 16,000 fans.  This isn’t decided by the Bucs, nor the State of FL.  The NFL is making a decision, by Goodell and team, and has to ratified by the Governor.

$500 is a joke.  It’s the opposite.  Corporations will eat up these seats in a heartbeat except for anything mandated by the league for hometown teams.  The supply and demand ina capitalist society dictates they will be upwards of $7000 a ticket.  It will be a SB for the rich.

Now I live here so I may go across the street like my first one here for the Giants in 25 and watch from the Mall across the street with 15,000 other fans.  This time probably not.

It really doesn’t matter as I’d rather watch silty my sons and dad and have a great day, enjoy the moment and hopefully see us win it.  The reality is if we beat the Chiefs in the AFCC, we’ll win the SB.  Our SB is the AFCC. We do that, we can do anything.

Yes!  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

As always (or almost always Royal) yes.  The league hasn’t made a decision futurist.  You can’t buy tickets or sell them if you don’t know the occupancy, and don’t know the restrictions.  You’re not going to look to smart on this one when the decisions have been made and the tickets go through the roof.  I don’t care and if you want to hold onto that idea, no worries.  Just expect to be disappointed on you’re previous comments.

For me it stinks as I’d love to have a rewind of the last two here for the first one I mentioned on the Giants (moved here five days before), and the second where I coached at the experience.  It was fun helping out kids coaching them with NFL previous and current players (Calvin Johnson was my favorite as that was the Cardinals/Steelers game and he was the most humble guy of all the players).

They tore that mall down from the Giants game and made it One Bucs Drive.  If you guys can go, you’ll love it.  They typically adjust the Gasparilla parade to that weekend to make the SB fans have fun.  If you don’t know it, it’s even better than St. patty’s in Buffalo.  About 500,000 fans down on Bayshore.

5 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Ok- looked at tickets a while back for the super bowl and they were much much higher. Thats why I said good luck. 

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Really?

There is a gross over capacity.

I'm quite certain you don't have knowledge of this supply/demand issue. 

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Exactly- thanks- been so busy you said it all for me lol

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay.  Send me an update when Super Bowl tickets are $500 because people don't want to travel for the game.

I bet if you show up for the game you will easily be able to get a ticket for $500 the day of the game. There are going to be sellers, and there are not exactly going to be a ton of buyers just hanging around the Super Bowl because they are at the parties and events.  There are not going to be a ton of people traveling to Tampa just for the events. Those people are the ones that make all the game day last minute purchases.