A Few Thoughts about the 49ers Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Thanks Virgil.  

Feel good about that one, but the time is actually now.

Have to get it done at this time in history.  

And if I am ever down by a corner on a honky tonk street, I will take a lesson from Big Boy Pete (and won't mess around with Bad Boy Brown)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks Virgil.  Great read.  The only thing you missed was the play where Josh was pointing out the hold by the defensive end on Stephon Diggs.  Helping out the ref.  That was great laughing right there.  GO BILLS !  Thanks again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Thanks Virgil.  Great read.  The only thing you missed was the play where Josh was pointing out the hold by the defensive end on Stephon Diggs.  Helping out the ref.  That was great laughing right there.  GO BILLS !  Thanks again. 

I actually had it as a note but forgot to put it in.  His awareness on the field is just fantastic

• Thank you (+1) 1

the baby Beasley TD celebration was awesome

glad to see Knox stepping up in the passing game, one more thing defenses have to worry about

get decisive and get the first down, going backwards to gain more yardage rarely works in this league. The only thing negative I can find in Diggs' game, unlike Beasley, he knows where the marker is and gets it, head first if necessary

On the flop by Allen, I thought the refs threw that flag on Sherman, who leveled one our WR right on the sideline. BS move by him. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I owe props to Butler for having a big game in the middle, finally. I've been dogging him all year and saying it was a bad Beane signing. I sure hope we're seeing him finding his legs and becoming "the best version of himself" right in time for playoffs.

Butler seemed to be playing with leverage for the first time. He's relied on his quickness and swim moves up to now, funny for such a big guy. When he gets low like Oliver with that bulk, watch out. 

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

I actually had it as a note but forgot to put it in.  His awareness on the field is just fantastic

Talk about the game slowing down for him! You half expect him to exchange comments with the sideline as he runs by. 

1 hour ago, air2mud82 said:

Regarding Diggs... Check out his block to spring Knox into the End zone...

It's been grinding my gears that NONE of the shows that played that highlight have mentioned Diggs selfless team playing there. Should be an easy talking point for them.

23 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

That was a huge play.   Bills were likely punting if weren’t for that embellishment.   It changed the game. 

Between that and calling the holding penalty FOR the refs on that pass play while he was rolling out, he is looking savvy AF!

Edited by Golden*Wheels

23 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Vernon Butler had his best game of the season. When he is on he is a beast.

Started playing 2 guys inside like 1T and another on the heavy side as a 3T.  then using edmunds or klein on the LOS on one side, and hughes on the other.  

They mix in some 46 looks too where they line johnson and edmunds/klein up along the LOS tight.  

They refused to mess around too much and match personnel too, the 49ers use so much motion and deception - having a better knowledge of your role in the D is almost more important than having an extra LB on the 2nd TE or the FB. 

• Like (+1) 1