Flores: Tua benched, not hurt

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yep, going back to Tua as starter next week.  Yep, yessir, Absolutely.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30407324/tua-tagovailoa-doubtful-thumb-injury-ryan-fitzpatrick-expected-start-miami-dolphins

Miami Dolphins rookie quarterback Tua Tagovailoa was downgraded from questionable to doubtful for Sunday's game vs. the New York Jets due to a left thumb injury that he suffered during practice this week.................Tagovailoa jammed the thumb on his left throwing hand on a teammate's helmet during Wednesday's practice, which limited him throughout the week, although he was seen throwing and practicing every day.  Dolphins Brian Flores initially said Thursday morning he wasn't "too worried" about Tagovailoa's thumb but Friday he noted he would have to watch his effectiveness in practice film before deciding if he could play Sunday.

🤔

The bearded one is most likely back. That didn't take long.

Edited by BillsFan619

2 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

I thought Tua is the real deal an his accuracy is out of this world?  Also read that you gotta let him take his licks.

I expect any QB is less accurate with an injured finger.

This is Exhibit F of why I would NOT want Fitz in the building to back up Allen.  The starter he's backing up ALWAYS gets hurt.  ALWAYS. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I expect any QB is less accurate with an injured finger.

This is Exhibit F of why I would NOT want Fitz in the building to back up Allen.  The starter he's backing up ALWAYS gets hurt.  ALWAYS. 

Maybe true. But lots of starting QBs have played with injured fingers over the years.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

??

Jordan Palmer made the point that Fitzpatrick is one of the most difficult guys to compete against as a QB "because he's so likeable"

When your young QB is ineffective and you give him the hook during a game to start the likeable guy who did well for you the first 6 games, you set yourself up for second guessing 🤷‍♂️

I agree, Hap! He's such a likable guy and competitor.

It's crazy the career Fitz has had. Probably one of the most unique many have seen. Just wish that part of his career wasn't spent on the Jets and Dolphins because he's someone that you just like rooting for even with his obvious flaws.

10 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Maybe true. But lots of starting QBs have played with injured fingers over the years.

True.  Some quite badly - Kurt Warner, I'm talking about YOU

My point being that Tua may have injured his finger and can't throw effectively.

Or it may be an 'excuse' to keep him on the bench and let Fitzpatrick play

We'll likely never know, but the way the Denver game was handled opens Flores and the Phins to second-guessing.

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

Is it his throwing hand ? 

Yes, he's left handed

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

True.  Some quite badly - Kurt Warner, I'm talking about YOU

My point being that Tua may have injured his finger and can't throw effectively.

Or it may be an 'excuse' to keep him on the bench and let Fitzpatrick play

We'll likely never know, but the way the Denver game was handled opens Flores and the Phins to second-guessing.

Yes, he's left handed

I don’t see how you can throw the ball with an injured finger 

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

??

Jordan Palmer made the point that Fitzpatrick is one of the most difficult guys to compete against as a QB "because he's so likeable"

When your young QB is ineffective and you give him the hook during a game to start the likeable guy who did well for you the first 6 games, you set yourself up for second guessing 🤷‍♂️

It was also reported earlier this season that Flores and Fitz are best friends 

Tua won't be a good NFL QB. The guy was a College System QB. He was throwing to 3 1st round NFL WRs while having 3 1st round NFL OL. It's the easiest situation a QB could possibly be in. Every throw he made was over the middle to a wide open receiver, from a squeaky clean pocket. That does not translate to the NFL game. He is an undersized Pocket QB who is a sitting duck....kinda like Baker Manziel. He can't make big time NFL throws. Tua, much like Baker, already maxed out as a player in college.

Bills fans should have 0 worries about Tua long-term. He will not be a good NFL QB. Period. 

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Tua won't be a good NFL QB. The guy was a College System QB. He was throwing to 3 1st round NFL WRs while having 3 1st round NFL OL. It's the easiest situation a QB could possibly be in. Every throw he made was over the middle to a wide open receiver, from a squeaky clean pocket. That does not translate to the NFL game. He is an undersized Pocket QB who is a sitting duck....kinda like Baker Manziel. He can't make big time NFL throws. Tua, much like Baker, already maxed out as a player in college.

Bills fans should have 0 worries about Tua long-term. He will not be a good NFL QB. Period. 

I hope you are 100 % right. !!!

the one thing I’ll say is I’m happy the picked Tua over Herbert 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Putin said:

I hope you are 100 % right. !!!

the one thing I’ll say is I’m happy the picked Tua over Herbert 

Tua is never going to live up to the #5 overall pick. The Dolphins are not a team that Bills fans ever need to worry about long-term. As long as the Dolphins are committed to Tua, they are not a threat at all. Tua is not good.

40 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Tua is never going to live up to the #5 overall pick. The Dolphins are not a team that Bills fans ever need to worry about long-term. As long as the Dolphins are committed to Tua, they are not a threat at all. Tua is not good.

But , but Tua didn’t think IT was going to be that easy ?

Maybe he thought he was still I Alabama playing southern miss 

Edited by Putin

19 minutes ago, Putin said:

No if Fitzy is playing dolphins win for sure I want to see Tua get embarrassed 

Tua has been downgraded to doubtful.  It’s Fitztragic tomorrow 

Edited by wjag