The Myth of the Liberal Media & Liberal Corporations

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, its a silly question based in no facts 

Chris Christie calls the conduct of Trump's legal team a 'national embarrassment'

Paul Kane and Felicia SonmezThe Washington Post
Nov. 22, 2020Updated: Nov. 22, 2020 6:57 p.m.

WASHINGTON - Several prominent Republicans said President Donald Trump's legal arguments had run their course, and called on him to allow the presidential transition process to begin.

Chris Christie, a Trump confidant who helped prepare the president for the debates, called the conduct of Trump's legal team a "national embarrassment." Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa., said Trump had "exhausted all plausible legal options," and urged him to concede. Sen. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D., said it's time to begin the transition.

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Chris-Christie-calls-the-conduct-of-Trump-s-legal-15746312.php

Stop being a child (if possible).  England and later GB ran North America in a colonial system during the time frame I mentioned.  I guess that I should know better with you in terms of your credibility which is microscopic and collapsing.

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Believe me, I’m far from an idiot. You have no idea. But your immediate leap to name calling speaks volumes. Once again, get over yourself. NOBODY is out to get you. This is the most diverse civilization in the history of mankind. NOBODY cares about the color of your skin. Is it a perfect society? Of course not. There’s no such thing. But to suggest that systematic racism is a major problem in 2020 is laughable.

Hardly. We've been over this again and again.

America is a very nonintegrated county. You have vast swaths of the landmass of this country filled with nothing but white people and cows. There's a really strong chance that many of these people never met or saw a black person that wasn't on television and probably never met a latino that wasn't performing migrant labor. I grew up in a place like this and traveled all across the country working in other places just like it. These places are all politically aligned to be republican and they support policies that openly harm minorities.

Cities are where some measure of diversity exists, but even then it's often not well integrated, with minorities often relegated to the lesser parts of cities. Democrats don't do the working class or the poor very many favors either. It really comes down to whether an empty platitude is better than getting kicked in the stomach.

I went to college in a STEM field and we had roughly 800 students. Of those, 8 were women and 4 were black. Raising up communities requires a diversity of options. Not everyone is able to turn a wrench and not everyone is able to perform a surgery or code a phone app. When companies say "we don't discriminate based on x,y,z" it may be true, it may be not. What's clear however, is that not enough people are positioned and prepared to take advantage of those opportunities. The cause for that can be traced back to secondary education, which can be traced back to primary education, whose failures can be traced back to policing & legal representation, living conditions and generational poverty.

Make no mistake, the USA ***** on poor people of all colors and genders. I grew up around white people who didn't have a person in their family tree that wasn't poor. That's not ok in country that's the richest nation in world history. The biggest difference is they didn't have to battle the extra factors that other people do.

I believe that education and economic reform help the most amount of people with the least amount of change needed and that a lot of the social issues we have will sort themselves out by fixing those two things.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Stop being a child (if possible).  England and later GB ran North America in a colonial system during the time frame I mentioned.  I guess that I should know better with you in terms of your credibility which is microscopic and collapsing.

So? 

30 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

America is a very nonintegrated county. You have vast swaths of the landmass of this country filled with nothing but white people and cows. There's a really strong chance that many of these people never met or saw a black person that wasn't on television and probably never met a latino that wasn't performing migrant labor. I grew up in a place like this and traveled all across the country working in other places just like it. These places are all politically aligned to be republican and they support policies that openly harm minorities.

Cities are where some measure of diversity exists, but even then it's often not well integrated, with minorities often relegated to the lesser parts of cities. Democrats don't do the working class or the poor very many favors either. It really comes down to whether an empty platitude is better than getting kicked in the stomach.

I went to college in a STEM field and we had roughly 800 students. Of those, 8 were women and 4 were black. Raising up communities requires a diversity of options. Not everyone is able to turn a wrench and not everyone is able to perform a surgery or code a phone app. When companies say "we don't discriminate based on x,y,z" it may be true, it may be not. What's clear however, is that not enough people are positioned and prepared to take advantage of those opportunities. The cause for that can be traced back to secondary education, which can be traced back to primary education, whose failures can be traced back to policing & legal representation, living conditions and generational poverty.

Make no mistake, the USA ***** on poor people of all colors and genders. I grew up around white people who didn't have a person in their family tree that wasn't poor. That's not ok in country that's the richest nation in world history. The biggest difference is they didn't have to battle the extra factors that other people do.

I believe that education and economic reform help the most amount of people with the least amount of change needed and that a lot of the social issues we have will sort themselves out by fixing those two things.

So, a radical redistribution of wealth and resources are in order?

6 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Oh stop it! I grew up in WNY when there were pockets of ethnic groups. Though I no longer live there I’m going to guess there still are. There always will be. That doesn’t make this the racist country you seem to believe that it is. In Southern California we have all sorts of pocket neighborhoods of Latinos, Asians of all sorts, Blacks, etc and once again it doesn’t make ANY of these people racists. It makes them humans!

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh stop it! I grew up in WNY when there were pockets of ethnic groups. Though I no longer live there I’m going to guess there still are. There always will be. That doesn’t make this the racist country you seem to believe that it is. In Southern California we have all sorts of pocket neighborhoods of Latinos, Asians of all sorts, Blacks, etc and once again it doesn’t make ANY of these people racists. It makes them humans!

You clearly missed the entire point.

21 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

So, a radical redistribution of wealth and resources are in order?

As a first step, yes, but much more than that is required.

20 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Hmm?  Strange that Bull has not responded back.  Seems like he would have a lot to say?

Did you just sit and refresh this page for an hour?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I suspect that Bull saw no more of America than his political science professor showed him.  I did high school out of Monroe County and it was anything but WASPy.  If a bad attitude exists in a household towards growth and development the background of the family is not going to matter in terms of advancement.  Kids are not going to succeed if the parents have a poor attitude towards education, discipline, etc..

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I suspect that Bull saw no more of America than his political science professor showed him.  I did high school out of Monroe County and it was anything but WASPy.  If a bad attitude exists in a household towards growth and development the background of the family is not going to matter in terms of advancement.  Kids are not going to succeed if the parents have a poor attitude towards education, discipline, etc..

Amen to that. My wife worked in the school system for decades. There was a marked difference in the performance of kids with parental support and those who came with an entitled attitude. The soft bigotry of low expectations is ALIVE and REAL. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Amen to that. My wife worked in the school system for decades. There was a marked difference in the performance of kids with parental support and those who came with an entitled attitude. The soft bigotry of low expectations is ALIVE and REAL. 

We can thank Trump for that.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’ve almost single handily RUINED a once decent chat room....well done

That is funny since this chat has gotten better since the snowflakes left. No more conspiracies, no more attacks for not liking Trump or not falling for his bull####. Only a few of you left and you are manageable.

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

That is funny since this chat has gotten better since the snowflakes left. No more conspiracies, no more attacks for not liking Trump or not falling for his bull####. Only a few of you left and you are manageable.

And you apparently prefer a world where you don't have to debate anyone? I've never understood that approach to life. At least not after I grew up anyway.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

And you apparently prefer a world where you don't have to debate anyone? I've never understood that approach to life. At least not after I grew up anyway.

Difference between debate and talking to a Trump supporter. A Trump supporter just tells you fake news when you try to debate them, then they give you these crazy answers that have no proof behind them.

Edited by TBBills

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I think you copied the wrong post

I am just trying to see how a conspiracy theorist thinks. B.c you posted a tweet about the man's socks as if it was meaningful.

Let me guess you posted it b.c they weren't "White socks"

Edited by TBBills

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I am just trying to see how a conspiracy theorist thinks. B.c you posted a tweet about the man's socks as if it was meaningful.

Let me guess you posted it b.c they weren't "White socks"

You ever see a funny post about what trump wears?   How many times was Michelle on the front of vogue or some fashion magazine? How many times Melanie?  The media runs with a story on joes socks and this is the extent of covering him.  It won’t be until years later we see what actually happened.  That’s the media.  If you don’t think they’re biased you’re wrong. 

You ever see a funny post about what trump wears?   How many times was Michelle on the front of vogue or some fashion magazine? How many times Melanie?  The media runs with a story on joes socks and this is the extent of covering him.  It won’t be until years later we see what actually happened.  That’s the media.  If you don’t think they’re biased you’re wrong. 

Media runs a story... The lady made one tweet on his socks. Wtf is wrong with you. Holy ***** you have major problems.

You go and pick out the one tweet out of the thousands she had on it and you act like the world is ending. Just shut the ***** up already you loser troll.

Edited by TBBills

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Media runs a story... The lady made one tweet on his socks. Wtf is wrong with you. Holy ***** you have major problems.

You go and pick out the one tweet out of the thousands she had on it and you act like the world is ending. Just shut the ***** up already you loser troll.

Have you seen the media dragging Biden across the finish line? You honestly just ignore that? They don’t question him on anything

Have you seen the media dragging Biden across the finish line? You honestly just ignore that? They don’t question him on anything

Lol b.c he isn't president yet so what are they going to question him on? 

The media isn't dragging anyone past the finish line... The electoral college and popular vote did that.

Look at you going bonkers over a man's socks... And pretending like the media was doing it when it was one lady making a comment before anything important started. 

This is like you getting mad if someone in the sport media tweeted on someone's shoes they were wearing before a football game.

Edited by TBBills