I'm thinking of a person

4merper4mer

46 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Yes, you smelled what I’m cooking. Duane Johnson.

I almost went back and edited my choice thinking he didn't fit all the criteria.  Guess we should have asked if he was an actor.  

Inspired by your post, I think I have an easy one.  I am thinking of a male, dead, athlete.  I would have to think most everyone knows of him.

1 minute ago, Greybeard said:

I almost went back and edited my choice thinking he didn't fit all the criteria.  Guess we should have asked if he was an actor.  

Inspired by your post, I think I have an easy one.  I am thinking of a male, dead, athlete.  I would have to think most everyone knows of him.

Junior Seau. Final answer.

5 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Team or individual sport?

31 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Jim Thorpe?

Wow,  you are correct.  In checking information I found in a football game, he ran 92 yards for a touchdown.  There was a penalty, so they called it back.  The next play he ran 97 yards for a touchdown.

You are up.

50 minutes ago, SDS said:

for what it’s worth I had this. I just blanked on the name. I kept coming up with the name Bronco Nagurski, but I was too lazy to look it up. 

If I had used the single word clues like, Native American, GOAT, Carlisle, it would have singled him out.  Even "lost medals but regained them" were dead give aways.  Maybe "set olympic record" could have gotten by, but it pretty much all points to him.  Not sure if "never practiced" would have given him away.

3 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

If I had used the single word clues like, Native American, GOAT, Carlisle, it would have singled him out.  Even "lost medals but regained them" were dead give aways.  Maybe "set olympic record" could have gotten by, but it pretty much all points to him.  Not sure if "never practiced" would have given him away.

Only one name is synonymous with: "Amateur & Professional." Good thing I was out in the yard ***** -ing around with lights on the 20 freaking foot pine tree or I would have smacked that outta the park. 😉 😜 

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Only one name is synonymous with: "Amateur & Professional." Good thing I was out in the yard ***** -ing around with lights on the 20 freaking foot pine tree or I would have smacked that outta the park. 😉 😜 

I don't know, sounds like another giant carp tale to me.

3 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Wow,  you are correct.  In checking information I found in a football game, he ran 92 yards for a touchdown.  There was a penalty, so they called it back.  The next play he ran 97 yards for a touchdown.

You are up.

I’m thinking of a dead foreign male.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.