I'm thinking of a person

4merper4mer

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I thought I had it but the person I had in mind is a prominent announcer so no.  I'll try Jackie Joyner.

I can see how she fits but no it is not her.

New clue.

I always thought it was odd that an athlete would associate herself with smoking but maybe back then almost everyone did.

4 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Billie Jean King?

That is correct.  

I was going to use the clue " she had a brother who in some circles was famous."  Any idea who that was?  I thought maybe too obscure.  Oddly enough I learned about him from Howard Cosell.

My next clue was going to be " she was famous/infamous for an event she rigged."  I saved it for last as I thought it too obvious.

Congrats, you are up.

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

That is correct.  

I was going to use the clue " she had a brother who in some circles was famous."  Any idea who that was?  I thought maybe too obscure.  Oddly enough I learned about him from Howard Cosell.

My next clue was going to be " she was famous/infamous for an event she rigged."  I saved it for last as I thought it too obvious.

Congrats, you are up.

What was her other name?

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

That is correct.  

Congrats, you are up.

I’m thinking of a dead American male.

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What was her other name?

Billy Jean Moffitt.  This was her name before marriage.  

Her brother was Randy Moffitt.    He was famous in two circles.   He played for the San Francisco Giants, and the second circle was the pitching mound, as he was a pitcher.  He also played for the Asto's and Blue Jays.  I was going to use that but I didn't think it would help anyone. 

One thing that did occur to me is that if you were not living during the period, you are at a big disadvantage.  Not sure how to overcome that but oddly if you were to pick an actor, actress or musician from the last 20 years, I wouldn't have any idea.  Seems that at about age 50 remembering who was in what just doesn't register.

Who were you thinking about when you asked about the haircut?   That actually raised a question, since the 60's who was known for their hair style.  I could only come up with Farrah Faucet, Dorothy Hamill and Princess Di. 

3 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Billy Jean Moffitt.  This was her name before marriage.  

Her brother was Randy Moffitt.    He was famous in two circles.   He played for the San Francisco Giants, and the second circle was the pitching mound, as he was a pitcher.  He also played for the Asto's and Blue Jays.  I was going to use that but I didn't think it would help anyone. 

One thing that did occur to me is that if you were not living during the period, you are at a big disadvantage.  Not sure how to overcome that but oddly if you were to pick an actor, actress or musician from the last 20 years, I wouldn't have any idea.  Seems that at about age 50 remembering who was in what just doesn't register.

Who were you thinking about when you asked about the haircut?   That actually raised a question, since the 60's who was known for their hair style.  I could only come up with Farrah Faucet, Dorothy Hamill and Princess Di. 

Was thinking of Hammill

3 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Not an athlete.

On TV?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.