Any Big Tree Inn people on here?

Pride, I love you’re pic.  I was the third guy on the goal post when we beat the Jets in 88 to get the AFCE.  It was a blast for all of 7 seconds until somebody tried to climb up me and I flew to the ground.  Good times.  Not sure if that pic was that day as it happened a couple of times.  It was great seeing big old Freddy Smerlas if you remember that game use his huge mitt to break up that field goal attempt to win the game.  I was early in college and my buddies and I came from Oswego and let’s just say I was a little dizzy the whole weekend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Unstable.  What do you think?  It’s Buffalo.  Funny when I move to FL, it was early 90’s, and someone asked me would I like some Buffalo Wings.  I replied, what, you guys have wings from Buffaloes.  She was a young kid and said no, the famous wings from Buffalo.  I replied, honey I just moved here from Buffalo, we just call them wings there.  Appreciate the recognition, but they are just wings, and there is only hot and suicide where I’m from.  She said, I guess you are from Buffalo.  You know my answer.  Same as now. Go Bills.  Other fans just don’t get us.  It’s in our blood.

Wings, Mighty Taco, and being a southtowns guy in the snow, Blasdell Pizza!

As the *legend* goes, Jim Kelly had some 'private digs' on the upper floor of the Big Tree. He got Peyton Manning Sh**faced, and he fell down the stairs face first, like an arrow, and injured his neck, which led to on the field problems, and surgeries,  that we are all aware of.

That's a great story, but note quite true...

As an eyewitness(!) he did fall; not hurt....but it was a good story anyway.

On 10/9/2020 at 7:21 PM, machine gun kelly said:

Unstable.  What do you think?  It’s Buffalo.  Funny when I move to FL, it was early 90’s, and someone asked me would I like some Buffalo Wings.  I replied, what, you guys have wings from Buffaloes.  She was a young kid and said no, the famous wings from Buffalo.  I replied, honey I just moved here from Buffalo, we just call them wings there.  Appreciate the recognition, but they are just wings, and there is only hot and suicide where I’m from.  She said, I guess you are from Buffalo.  You know my answer.  Same as now. Go Bills.  Other fans just don’t get us.  It’s in our blood.

Did she ask if you wanted Ranch with your wings?

On 10/9/2020 at 7:21 PM, machine gun kelly said:

I thought you were ordering "honey" wings there.   Either way.......creepy story turn.:thumbsup:

On 10/9/2020 at 5:51 PM, machine gun kelly said:

Pride, I love you’re pic.  I was the third guy on the goal post when we beat the Jets in 88 to get the AFCE.  It was a blast for all of 7 seconds until somebody tried to climb up me and I flew to the ground...

Hey MGK: is that you hanging on for dear life on the right? lol. I do know the guy straddling the crossbar in this pic.

Fandamonium '88.jpg

Edited by Tony P