Coach's Press Conference 10/7

scribo

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’m so happy to hear Mongo is back at practice. I imagine he’ll be limited but at least it’s a step in the right direction.

Love Mongo back at practice, bummed about Cody Ford and Winters though.

2 hours ago, scribo said:

I sensed Coach McD knew more about Sunday and the Titans than he could say. It was pretty obvious and only makes sense now. Guessing he knew that news was going to break today that Tenny had really screwed up and was going to be forced to forfeit. I hope he used today's practice to prepare for KC!

Do you have news on this?  Because I thought the news is that they are not going to be forced to forfeit, the penalty being announced after the action.......

The game could still be cancelled and rescheduled if the Flaming Thumbtacks get more positive tests tomorrow. 

Need 2 days of 0 positives to re-open facility.

Need 2 practices before game per CBA - unclear (to me) if day prior to game counts

56 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Love Mongo back at practice, bummed about Cody Ford and Winters though.

Do you have news on this?  Because I thought the news is that they are not going to be forced to forfeit, the penalty being announced after the action.......

The game could still be cancelled and rescheduled if the Flaming Thumbtacks get more positive tests tomorrow. 

Need 2 days of 0 positives to re-open facility.

Need 2 practices before game per CBA - unclear (to me) if day prior to game counts

Did I miss something with Ford?

Edit: just saw his injury status. Lame. Hopefully it a not serious and he was just given an extra day of rest.

Edited by Bangarang

21 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Did I miss something with Ford?

Edit: just saw his injury status. Lame. Hopefully it a not serious and he was just given an extra day of rest.

May be previous injury.  Banged up Bills collected this information.  Bottom line he was seen wearing a brace on his shoulder before the Raiders game and McD said he was fighting through some thing in the game:

G Cody Ford (left shoulder)

Ford was noted wearing a brace on his left shoulder signifying some type of instability. This was first noticed by Erik Turner over at Cover 1.

Not surprised of the attention to detail by Erik, but that shoulder & the brace is something I’m definitely going to look into. https://t.co/8ChEuuQfdK

— Banged Up Bills (@BangedUpBills) October 3, 2020

Looking back at the Miami game, there wasn’t any apparent instance of an AC joint sprain or even a labral tear. You could make the case for some pectoral strain possibilities, but nothing was definitive and I would have expected he would miss some time.

Also just realized Sean McDermott said Cody Ford is on injury list (which we won't get until Wednesday) after fighting through something during Sunday's game.

With Brian Winters day-to-day, something to monitor at the guard position as Jon Feliciano likely not ready to return.

— Jon Scott (@JonScottTV) October 5, 2020

I then also grew concerned for a labral tear. These are highly common in NFL lineman & something that can be played through. Finding that on film would be difficult due to repeated blocking with the arms extended & I’m not certain that he even suffered this during a game. He could have injured the shoulder at practice In between the Rams and Raiders game.

Like all the others, something to monitor. To note, he had surgery on the opposite shoulder last year but details were never made public on whether it was a labrum or rotator cuff. We are once again left to speculate. 

This is ridiculous. The Titans clearly failed miserably to adhere to protocols. Half their team is infected. Punish them with a forfeit. Or at the very least make them play shorthanded with practice squaders. That'll get their attention. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is ridiculous. The Titans clearly failed miserably to adhere to protocols. Half their team is infected. Punish them with a forfeit. Or at the very least make them play shorthanded with practice squaders. That'll get their attention. 

From what I’ve read, the league added the forfeit punishment after the date they broke protocol.

18 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

SM is an intelligent man, as is Beane, that’s why we have a football organization that is one of the best in the league, they both know their jobs/roles and perform them at a high level. 

It is so very nice not having stupid people running the team.

Go Bills!!!

If they keep this up, in about a year I will have totally forgotten the name, Rex Ryan. . . . That will be a great day.