Report - Daboll “Logical Candidate” for Texans Head Coaching vacancy

Anyone else wondering how O'Brian can get canned after 4 games and yet Gase still has a job. It really shows how much of ****show the Jets organization is. O'Brian had some years of success with the Texans. What good has Gase ever done as a HC.

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Anyone else wondering how O'Brian can get canned after 4 games and yet Gase still has a job. It really shows how much of ****show the Jets organization is. O'Brian had some years of success with the Texans. What good has Gase ever done as a HC.

BOB had a dual threat role as both GM and coach.  The questionable trades combined with the  0-4 start accelerated his demise.

Daboll checks all the boxes for a HC hire, I personally think he is gone after this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Daboll as HC and make his DC Dan Quinn. Daboll name is all over the internet as front runners for Texans and Falcons. I think there will be 6 HC fired at the end of the season which really sucks for us. I already know Daboll is gone, the thing that sucks is that his play calling is on a whole different level this year. His relationship with his players is unique as well, It will be hard to replace him and not go back a few steps. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Daboll checks all the boxes for a HC hire, I personally think he is gone after this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Daboll as HC and make his DC Dan Quinn. Daboll name is all over the internet as front runners for Texans and Falcons. I think there will be 6 HC fired at the end of the season which really sucks for us. I already know Daboll is gone, the thing that sucks is that his play calling is on a whole different level this year. His relationship with his players is unique as well, I will be hard to replace him and not go back a few steps. 

Anyone on the Bills roster of current coaches who could step in as OC? Does McDermott look outside the organization assuming Daboll becomes a HC?

30 minutes ago, Greg S said:

O'Brian was so bad that it almost feels like he was paid to dismantle that team as like a sleeper agent. You need the president of your team to keep you safe from guys like Gase and O'Brian. Beanie does a great job with drafting players but he also seems to have the unique talent of getting a good read on a person and their passion for the game. 

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Anyone on the Bills roster of current coaches who could step in as OC? Does McDermott look outside the organization assuming Daboll becomes a HC?

I used to be more tuned into this but I don't have as much time to watch college football or research other teams. Hopefully Daboll has already talked to Beanie on what he wants to do after this season and the Bills can get a head start on evaluating OC's. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

Having no first or second round pick your first year is the ONLY drawback to the Texans job. You have an owner who is willing to let you have control and doesn't interfere (almost to the team's detriment in the last couple of years), you have a stud young Quarterback, and other than that Quarterback and your left tackle (who is overpaid but is a good player) you are not tied into any other contracts. If you can sell the owner on not necessarily being competitive your first year but being good in year 2 and really good by year 3 it is a very attractive job.

A bigger worry for the Bills is it sounds like Houston is gonna follow our model - hire the HC and let him bring a GM..... if we lost Daboll and Joe Schoen together that is a real blow. Schoen is the most underrated part of the Bills puzzle. He is the best pure talent evaluator on our staff by all accounts. I suspect both go after this season and they are gonna be tough holes to fill. But you know what? That is what happens when you are good. It is just another thing as fans we need to learn to embrace. When you are successful people want your guys.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I had a bad thought that after the season that the Texans brought back Brian Gaine and added Daboll as HC.