Josh Allen: Franchise Quarterback

Logic

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Pretty long winded article just to say you think Allen is a franchise QB.

Also, shame on anyone who was burned by thinking EJ Manuel was a franchise QB. 

Its a logical definition of a franchise QB that needed a more lengthy explanation to accomplish properly in my humble opinion.

Best description to date that I've seen ...

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Pretty long winded article just to say you think Allen is a franchise QB.

An opinion fits on a bumper sticker. The evidence to support that opinion takes a little more space.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Yet took the time to reply.

Cool.

Thanks for reading.

It’s not longer than most Bills articles by Fairburn, Parrino, Graham, etc.

It’s an article. A piece of journalism — albeit amateur. It’s not meant to be a quick blurb on a message board. Nevertheless, thanks for the critique.

Read the whole thing - love the enthusiasm. 

Keep it coming. Don't sweat the folks that tell you you have to post in tweet-sized bites, life is a banquet not a damn happy-meal. To each their own and it's all good!

Most of us long-suffering Bills fans have earned the right to crow from the roof tops - been a long drought. If there is a char limit on talking about how great Allen has been, and how good it is to have a QB and offense like we have today then I have yet to hit it - and lord knows I've tried :) 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Nice article - really love the enthusiasm!  And I like your memories of some of Allen's defining plays.  

But, for me, the article would have been even better if it didn't read like a bunch of bullet points instead of a story.   A 1 or 2 sentence paragraph is okay here and there but, as a reader, I'd like some flowing narrative utilizing fuller paragraphs.  

But I like that there's nothing wishy-washing about your position.  You have the courage to uncompromisingly state where you stand.

Agreed,  and I'm 100% onboard.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen has always had more than enuf physical ability and intangibles  to qualify as a franchise guy. The question has always been only about (relative) consistency. Now that he is refining the mental part of his game and has a better supporting cast the offence is opening up.

Each player is unique but to me the obvious comparisons have always been Cam and Big Ben (with some JK attitude throw in). If Allen's passing game continues to develop and improve his ceiling is higher than Cam's has been, because he will be a better passer. It would also be higher than Ben's because Allen is a better runner. I think that's pretty good company.

Nobody can predict the future but in looking at Allen's ceiling you can at least see the outlines of a HOF type guy.

I appreciate the enthusiasm.

Personally, I don’t like to jinx good things until they’ve been proven over a long period of time.

A lot of players in the NFL look great for several games and then regress down to nothing. Look at Wentz this season.

I’m hopeful that Josh Allen is our franchise quarterback for the next decade+ but I’m not ready to shout it from the mountain tops. That type of bi-polar fandom often gets people in trouble.