AFC Power Rankings

ngbills

13 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Actually getting to 5-1 with the upcoming games would be stellar.

Agreed 💯 but it’s a tough lift.  I’m expecting 11-5 season but like to keep perspective.  Not so much worried about talent but injuries and how they effect us right now.   If we go 5-1 we should all be jacked. (Jaq’d?)

On 9/21/2020 at 11:32 AM, ngbills said:

A bit too early for this. But after too weeks the early indicators are out. My AFC Power Rankings:

BAL - Two dominating performances

KC - Its the Chiefs

BUF - Improved offense; Two wins vs bottom feeders

PIT - D and running game

TEN -  2-0 but have not looked great

NE - Almost beat SEA on road

LAC - Nearly beat Chiefs

LAV - Win v Panthers on road. 

HOU - Tough start but vs good teams.

IND - Good or bad Rivers?

CLE - Better team if they can stick to the run game. 

JAC - Not as bad as expected.

DEN - Could be going downhill with injuries piling up.

CIN - Burrow has been impressive.

MIA - D is awful. FItz is just Fitz.

NYJ - Terrible. Got steamrolled two weeks in a row. 

NG, nice stab at it, but after the Raiders beat the Saints Monday night, would you have put them higher?  I agree with you’re top four as you qualified the AFC only which a few people didn’t see, but for this conference I like it.  It’s so early it’s hard to figure out who is better between TN, NE, and the Raiders.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:05 AM, TigerJ said:

I wonder about calling Miami a bottom feeder.  Yes, they are 0-2 in 2020, but two games is an awfully small sample, especially when those two losses came against teams that most everybody thinks are very good.  Add that to the fact that Miami finished strong last season with a roster that isn't as good as the one they have right now, and we might find that Miami will finish the season closer to the middle of the pack than the bottom.  It's still early in any case.  Buffalo's next 4 opponents are a combined 8-0.  Their record after 6 weeks of the season will tell us a lot.

I agree with this, the difference in talent between the Jets and Dolphins is negligible yet, the Phins play their A55 off for Flores, and the Jets seem like they are counting down the days until Gase is gone. I see Miami around 5-11 to 7-9, I think the ceiling for the jets is 4 wins.

2 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I agree with this, the difference in talent between the Jets and Dolphins is negligible yet, the Phins play their A55 off for Flores, and the Jets seem like they are counting down the days until Gase is gone. I see Miami around 5-11 to 7-9, I think the ceiling for the jets is 4 wins.

The difference as well is that the talent on the Dolphins is generally of the younger with potential to get better variety. The Jets leading receivers are Jamieson Crowder and Chris Hogan. Both guys that are capable NFL players... but guys whose ceilings we have already seen. They are what they are at this point.