Test for Transplanted Yankees

plenzmd1

28% (Yankee). You show a very strong Yankee score.

311380[/snapback]

Mine was 27%. I'd have thought that after 13 years in southern Virginia I'd be a little more "Reb," but I guess it stems from where you're raised, not where you live?

I wanted to see this question:

What do you call the utensil that cuts paper:

A scissors

A pair of scissors

When I first moved to Minnesota, I noticed that everyone said "a scissors" (as in, "Can you give me a scissors please?"). Where I was working in '94 there was a woman from Pittsburgh, a guy from Cleveland, and myself. Everyone else fas from the midwest. Neither of them noticed the differentiation and April (the woman and manager) didn't believe me so she stopped everyone in the office, held up the pair of scissors and asked, "Everyone, what do you call this?" And the Minnesota people all said, "It's a scissors." She burst out laughing and I said "I told you!" When people say, "But there's only one scissors, so it's a scissors," I always reply with, "Do you wear a pants or a pair of pants?" That confuses 'em. :w00t:

CW

I scored 53% dixie - just "above" the Mason Dixon line.

Interesting. I've lived in So. Calif., WNY, WI, PA and TX. Must have confused the scoring.

But since I'm a political fence sitter, perhaps I'm a cultural one as well.

We call the night before Halloween "Beggars night" but that wasn't one of the choices...

311475[/snapback]

Is calling it Devils Night just a Michigan thing? When I said it was Devils Night it said common to Michigan, all this time thats what I thought everybody called it.