Rd 4 Chis Myers OL Miami

Scouts:

Rd 2 Anttaj Hawthorne DT Wisc

Rd 3 Antonio Perkins DC Ok

Rd 4 Jason Brown OC North Carolina

Rd 5 Calvin Armstrong OT Wash St

Rd 6 Eric Moore DC FSU

Rd 7 Tony Curtis (Spartacus!) TE Portland St

Both have us taking a DT in round 2 and the first O-lineman in round 4.

Here's what Mel says:

Rd 2 Luis Castillo  DT  North Western

Rd 3 Kevin Everett TE Miami

Rd 4 Chis Myers  OL Miami

Scouts:

Rd 2 Anttaj Hawthorne DT Wisc

Rd 3 Antonio Perkins  DC Ok

Rd 4 Jason Brown  OC North Carolina

Rd 5 Calvin Armstrong OT Wash St

Rd 6 Eric Moore  DC FSU

Rd 7 Tony Curtis (Spartacus!) TE Portland St

Both have us taking a DT in round 2 and the first O-lineman in round 4.

311322[/snapback]

Now is this before or after the Castillo Steroids bombshell?

Now is this before or after the Castillo Steroids bombshell?

311323[/snapback]

was it reallly a "bombshell"? he used it before the combines to heal an injury.......he was tested regularly througout college and never once tested positive........sure, it brings his integrity and intelligence into question, but i don't think it will really hamper his draft status all that much.......i guess we'll find out saturday (or perhaps sunday).......

I would be Very Happy if we land Perkins from OU. I think that guy can play. Not only is he an above average corner, he is the best punt returner I have seen in years...He would be a very nice 3rd rd pick.

was it reallly a "bombshell"? he used it before the combines to heal an injury.......he was tested regularly througout college and never once tested positive........sure, it brings his integrity and intelligence into question, but i don't think it will really hamper his draft status all that much.......i guess we'll find out saturday (or perhaps sunday).......

311327[/snapback]

My doc has told me there are two types of steroids. He was prescribing me the type that heals an injury and when I questioned him on it, he said that annobolic steroids are the ones used by athletes and body builders to add mass.

It's entirely possible that he had steroids in his body for a medical situation and was not simply juicing.

sure, it brings his integrity and intelligence into question,

If he only used them one time to heal an injury that could have cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars, I'd debate whether it brings his intelligence into question.

Cya

Both of those sound alot better than the amalgam of popular thought that I am gathering to be on TSW - Trading henry for another 2nd rounder, which in turn we use both to draft Matt Jones and Mike Nugent. I don't see this is helping the team that much :w00t:

If he only used them one time to heal an injury that could have cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars, I'd debate whether it brings his intelligence into question.

Cya

311337[/snapback]

so do you think heath miller is unintelligent for choosing NOT to use steriods to heal his injury more quickly? i think he will drop quite a bit due to his inability to workout for any clubs leading up to the draft.......

E$PN is making every steriods issue a bombshell...I was impressed that Castillo went to every team and was proactive about admitting he took the steriods...

Id be happy if we got him based on what I have read.

Just curious, where does Mel have Nugent going?? If anyone can find that out it would be apprecited

According to Kiper, and we all know that he is not necessarily the know-it-all but does know what he is talking about, the steroid issue with Castillo will not affect his draft position one bit. Nothing. He said this a day or two ago well after the controversy had time to play out. Again, who knows if this is true, and it may even be a subliminal thing with GMs making picks, but I very much doubt that Castillo lasts past the first half of the second round and he may go at the end of the first.

but you do think castillo is intelligent for using them to heal his injury?

311375[/snapback]

I am not sure if it is a knock on his intelligence. It's hard to say. I do know, however, the ridiculous difference in a player's rookie contract between a good showing at the combine and a lackluster one, exponentially true with players such as Castillo who could go anywhere from the middle of round one to the end of round two. That difference is a few million dollars for a good time in the 40 or a few more bench presses at the combine. It may not have been the best or smartest thing to do but I wouldn't necessarily say it was a red flag. You check these guys out. If he has a lot of little pink flags, you can guess he may not be the sharpest tool. If this stands out from an otherwise clean background, you can guess it's an aberration.

but you do think castillo is intelligent for using them to heal his injury?

No.

But I don't necessarily think that the fact he did it calls his intelligence into question. I might have done it if I was in his situation and I am at least two steps removed from slobbering, blithering idiot.

Baby steps?

Maybe its only semantics, but I've gotta believe drooling is better than slobbering.

And shouldn't you be mentally preparing yourself to be a pain in Graves' ass all weekend? Or are you just warming up on me?-)

Maybe its only semantics, but I've gotta believe drooling is better than slobbering.

And shouldn't you be mentally preparing yourself to be a pain in Graves' ass all weekend? Or are you just warming up on me?-)

311395[/snapback]

I can be a pain in anyone's ass in my sleep. And in AKC's case, it's pretty hard to be a pain in his ass because he's too busy being a pain in everyone else's to bother with you. I am also offended that you have not made a concerted effort to show yourself.

I am also offended that you have not made a concerted effort to show yourself.

I can't buy me a break.

TBD tailgate is out cuz I'm not done on Sundays 'til noon and live 3hrs away.

And this thing you guys got going out there has had me rationalizing multiple reasons why it would be OK for me to just take off and head west for nefarious reasons. But the NFL draft always falls on trout camp which is a 17-18 year tradition and I can't bag that either.

Somehow, someway, at some point, I will get out there to sip suds with y'all.

And I'll try not to say things like "sip suds with y'all" while I'm there. :w00t:

Cya