PPP Under Fire

19 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

this is good.  Kemp also shouldn’t be on it either imo.  And I know this is controversial, but I don’t see Tibs as a troll (or really transplantbillsfan)

I don’t know anything about gobuffalo716 or the Frankishreich.  

others should weigh in.  And if like 20 of us will agree to do it, implement this ignore list.  

I guess I've graduated to placement on the Global Ignore List. That's fine with me.

In my defense: I don't post annoying insults. And I find those annoying insult posters tedious. We get it. It's not that amusing.

I generally try to engage with arguments on the merits. If this thread is about "Don't mess with my echo chamber," perhaps folks need to ask themselves why they take comfort by being in an echo chamber. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Tibs is a strange one cause he spews a lot of crap without being willing to discuss it like an adult (choosing instead to stick to his “orange man bad” mantra), but he’s actually shown to be a human and have some fun conversations. I like going back and forth with him on some stuff, while other stuff is pointless. He’s also pretty damn funny at times. 

There are many on the above list that have no redeeming qualities.

I’m not sure I’m in favor of a group ignore list. I get the idea, but I think it should be a personal decision in each case as it should be about each poster knowing what they can and can’t put up with instead of some communal shunning. 

My .02

The issue is what will work. We can continue to allow the riff raff to mess with this forum or put up a more united front and slowly make it less desirable for them to pull their crap. This place isn't meant for posters to make fun of people for taking care of their elderly mother with dementia or for other posters to claim that they've had sex with their wife. It certainly isn't meant for the kind of crusading we're getting from many of the people on the posted lists. 

4 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I guess it depends on your relationship with the guy.

I beg to differ.

Go Bills - this board has lost it's luster. 

I'll be back when Biden wins. Until then, sayonara all.

Obviously it’s subjective. 

Biden won’t win so you’re done for good ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The issue is what will work. We can continue to allow the riff raff to mess with this forum or put up a more united front and slowly make it less desirable for them to pull their crap. This place isn't meant for posters to make fun of people for taking care of their elderly mother with dementia or for other posters to claim that they've had sex with their wife. It certainly isn't meant for the kind of crusading we're getting from many of the people on the posted lists. 

Right, but those are all code of conduct violations that should be dealt with with a proper authority structure which really comes back to the how do we have moderation without losing the distinctness of PPP. I am very pro the idea of a PPP mod who understands the minutia of this place but will get rid of the human pieces of garbage who do the above referenced. 

I think a mob sanctioned ignore list is a questionable solution that leads to a slippery slope, but that’s just my take. 

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Obviously it’s subjective. 

Biden won’t win so you’re done for good ?

Is this like those guys who were done with this place when the Bills took Allen over Rosen, only to make new accounts and bash Allen?... hm. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The only one that I would give the benefit of the doubt to is ALF.  Tibs will be a human only when he knows that he is caught in something that he can't defend.  Now some of them such as Kemp can function on TSW well enough and most likely should stay there.  The text that Crayola had that you responded to was just more gaslighting in an effort to see who is weak on here.

Alf is not the kind of poster that we either want or need to muzzle. While he is a Leftist he doesn't troll or talk about ***** other posters wives. People on the Left are fine if they just act like humans. The BillSlimes, Kemp and BillsMisery, along with the posters like Gary (WackyZebra) add nothing here, there sole purpose is to cause havoc. Think of them as our very own Antifa. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Right, but those are all code of conduct violations that should be dealt with with a proper authority structure which really comes back to the how do we have moderation without losing the distinctness of PPP. I am very pro the idea of a PPP mod who understands the minutia of this place but will get rid of the human pieces of garbage who do the above referenced. 

I think a mob sanctioned ignore list is a questionable solution that leads to a slippery slope, but that’s just my take. 

im sure this forum will delete PPP before having mods come in

and the reason I like the global ignore list is because if I ignore a few people, and no one else does, I miss out on topics and discussions.  But that won’t be the case if a big group ignores them.  I really do get your point though

Edited by Crayola64

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Alf is not the kind of poster that we either want or need to muzzle. While he is a Leftist he doesn't troll or talk about ***** other posters wives. People on the Left are fine if they just act like humans. The BillSlimes, Kemp and BillsMisery, along with the posters like Gary (WackyZebra) add nothing here, there sole purpose is to cause havoc. Think of them as our very own Antifa. 

I say we start with the pure pure spammers.  People making constant threads, the reality guy, and a few others we all agree on 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Crayola64 said:

im sure this forum will delete PPP before having mods come in

I mean, we saw the mods randomly wander down here a while ago and cause some havoc on stuff that was seemingly par the course for this arena so I’m not entirely sure I have confidence in the current stable of mods to be able to strike a balance of patrolling these waters without shutting down the docks. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I guess it depends on your relationship with the guy.

I beg to differ.

Go Bills - this board has lost it's luster. 

I'll be back when Biden wins. Until then, sayonara all.

Promises.  Promises.  Does this go for sock accounts as well?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Is this like those guys who were done with this place when the Bills took Allen over Rosen, only to make new accounts and bash Allen?... hm. 

Any list of people to shun is just a recommendation for newcomers and a voluntary reminder for us all to ignore the scum. When someone violates the list it would get nothing more than a few eyebrows raised and a reminder that they are responding to someone deemed persona non grata by the vast majority here. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, we saw the mods randomly wander down here a while ago and cause some havoc on stuff that was seemingly par the course for this arena so I’m not entirely sure I have confidence in the current stable of mods to be able to strike a balance of patrolling these waters without shutting down the docks. 

yea I get it.  But my point was not so much that it isn’t a good idea, but that I would be shocked if the forum actually does it 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Any list of people to shun is just a recommendation for newcomers and a voluntary reminder for us all to ignore the scum. When someone violates the list it would get nothing more than a few eyebrows raised and a reminder that they are responding to someone deemed persona non grata by the vast majority here. 

right!  Not everyone needs to follow it, just enough of us so that their posts aren’t going to get the responses they need to create an issue.  But we need a large part of the high volume posters to follow it.

and I think it should be a narrow narrow list to start

Edited by Crayola64

Just now, Crayola64 said:

yea I get it.  But my point was not so much that it isn’t a good idea, but that I would be shocked if the forum actually does it 

right!  Not everyone needs to follow it, just enough of us so that their posts aren’t going to get the responses they need to create an issue

Think of it as playing golf rather than roller derby. 

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The effort is too intense by trolls here for ignore to work very long.  If this is like most boards there is no limit to the number of sock accounts one person can have and this is what trolls will resort to.  Pretty soon people that count on ignore will become frustrated when a new personality penetrates their shields every hour.  Getting rid of the socks so a person has to stand on one account will automatically make them post better content if they wish to be read.  

• Thank you (+1) 1