Are we better off now than we were four years ago?

3 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Wonder what these flus have names like Wuhan, Hong Kong, etc? They are named for where they first are spotted.  Most originate in Asia.  They can infect pigs and fowl also.  In china there are a lot of farmers with small farms that have people, pigs, and fowl in close proximity.  The viruses naturally recombine   and can jump species.

81 years ago today. Nazis invaded Poland 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

You guys bristled at "Chinese virus."  And again it came from a lab in Wuhan because of sloppiness (I'm choosing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't intentionalyl release it).

And again there’s no other new coronavirus from 2019 that is circulating, so the COVID-19 designation is sufficient to alert all as to the virus in question.  There is no need for additional geographic or political description, such as “China Virus,” “Chinese Virus,” or “Wuhan Virus.”  Unless, of course, you happen to support xenophobia and bigotry. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

You guys bristled at "Chinese virus."  And again it came from a lab in Wuhan because of sloppiness (I'm choosing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't intentionalyl release it).

Maybe or maybe not...but the Chinese authorities intentionally allowed it to spread all over the world! We saw the media come unhinged just a few years back because of envelopes filled with white powder being mailed to individual congressional offices....and now instead absolute silence over China knowingly spreading a biological warfare agent across the ENTIRE GLOBE by allowing infected people to carry a virus on airplanes, sending them to countries on every continent.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

Hey Marxist, are you suggesting I am a racist.

I know you are a commie, and everyone else now knows you are as well, but I am the farthest person from being a racist...but I am a great Bills fan. Many of my tailgate friends would back up my statement. But as for you Marxist..do you actually know who the Bills are?

Oh I forgot, you cannot write English.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I know you are a commie, and everyone else now knows you are as well, but I am the farthest person from being a racist...but I am a great Bills fan. Many of my tailgate friends would back up my statement. But as for you Marxist..do you actually know who the Bills are?

Oh forgot, you cannot write English.

43 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Oh I forgot, you cannot write English.

...hell, even the "Ice Road Truckers" don't trust you......

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...hell, even the "Ice Road Truckers" don't trust you......

Another Marxist.....? Where is McCarthy when you need him...

But the guys from Artic Air do trust me...

20 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Only a Marxist would have this type of material....!

• Haha (+1) 1