Does the loss of 'Star' and Jordan Phillips make us vunerable up the middle?

LB48

Vernon Butler and H.Phillips should fill the space eater role that Star did well enough, Jefferson should help fill the J.Phillips disruptor role, I also think flexing in AJ and Ed Oliver improving more could help with generating pressure up the middle. 

6 hours ago, Augie said:

He was all about getting the sacks, then getting paid. Guess what? 

It worked! 

To be fair he was asked to be a disruptor in the defense. McD wouldn't have kept throwing him out there if he wasn't supposed to just try and generate heat up the middle. 

13 hours ago, 97bills said:

I’ll take those overrated sacks every year lol 

I would too, but the point is any player at the NFL level can get to the QB when unblocked. You don't need Jordan to do it.

8 hours ago, LB48 said:

On Friday, the Buffalo Bills kept their free agent workout training rolling. According to the NFL’s transaction wire, the Bills worked out four players, all of which were defensive tackles. The most prominent name on the list was Akeem Spence.

A former fourth-round pick of the Bucs in 2013, Spence has also played the Lions, Jaguars, Dolphins and Eagles. In 103 NFL games, the 28-year-old has 10.5 sacks and 19 tackles for loss.

Is all really OK?

They have worked out players at every position last year, too. It's part of being ready for anything. 

11 hours ago, LB48 said:

On Friday, the Buffalo Bills kept their free agent workout training rolling. According to the NFL’s transaction wire, the Bills worked out four players, all of which were defensive tackles. The most prominent name on the list was Akeem Spence.

A former fourth-round pick of the Bucs in 2013, Spence has also played the Lions, Jaguars, Dolphins and Eagles. In 103 NFL games, the 28-year-old has 10.5 sacks and 19 tackles for loss.

Is all really OK?

yup