Making China Pay

3rdnlng

I brought this subject up some time ago in another thread but thought it might be worth its own thread with a little variation. Today I sent away for over $250 worth of supplements that are made in the USA and not China. I had previously ordered some of these supplements but today I completely weaned myself off China supplements. Not only do we owe China a big FU for their duplicity with Covid-19 but their products are often not worthashit. How do we know that the tumeric curcumin supplement from China is real and not colored plaster dust? Face it, we can't trust China in anything and as a country we should be very wary of buying their products. 

While I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do I'm encouraging anyone reading this to take a second look at what they are purchasing and consider eliminating or limiting products from China. This is a good thread to post any decisions you've made in regards to purchases either from or not from China. BTW, eliminating Chinese products from out lives is not an easy thing to do. The day after I first posted about this I saw on a store shelf an item that I was going to order online and picked it up. Later when I took it from its package I noticed that it was made in China. I at first kicked myself but then realized that if I really wanted that product this was the only brand available. We can't be perfect in doing this but we can make a difference if we at least try. Post away. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I brought this subject up some time ago in another thread but thought it might be worth its own thread with a little variation. Today I sent away for over $250 worth of supplements that are made in the USA and not China. I had previously ordered some of these supplements but today I completely weaned myself off China supplements. Not only do we owe China a big FU for their duplicity with Covid-19 but their products are often not worthashit. How do we know that the tumeric curcumin supplement from China is real and not colored plaster dust? Face it, we can't trust China in anything and as a country we should be very wary of buying their products. 

While I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do I'm encouraging anyone reading this to take a second look at what they are purchasing and consider eliminating or limiting products from China. This is a good thread to post any decisions you've made in regards to purchases either from or not from China. BTW, eliminating Chinese products from out lives is not an easy thing to do. The day after I first posted about this I saw on a store shelf an item that I was going to order online and picked it up. Later when I took it from its package I noticed that it was made in China. I at first kicked myself but then realized that if I really wanted that product this was the only brand available. We can't be perfect in doing this but we can make a difference if we at least try. Post away. 

Let’s work on getting Mexico to pay for the all first.  

I agree. Even pre covid I was trying to buy as little Chinese made ***** as possible. 
Of course the iphone is a tough one. And there are a few others. 
Anything that goes inside my body (insert joke here) though is a no brainer. Keep it out of my house. No food or vitamins or laundry detergent or paint or light bulbs anything at all possible from China. 
They have really blown it. 
Globalization is dead and I’m doing my part to kill it until they get it under control. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Bakin said:

I agree. Even pre covid I was trying to buy as little Chinese made ***** as possible. 
Of course the iphone is a tough one. And there are a few others. 
Anything that goes inside my body (insert joke here) though is a no brainer. Keep it out of my house. No food or vitamins or laundry detergent or paint or light bulbs anything at all possible from China. 
They have really blown it. 
Globalization is dead and I’m doing my part to kill it until they get it under control. 

Keep up the good work and let's try to spread the practice of giving China the old heave ho. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm 100% on board with this and have been boycotting China in this manner at every opportunity. 

Edited by Azalin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Chinese products are like aggressive invasive species like kudzu, starlings, and bittersweet. It is impossible to be entirely rid of them, but they can be minimized to a certain extent. 

I’ve begun doing what I can and suggest more people do the same. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I'm 100% on board with this and have been boycotting China in this manner at every opportunity. 

Good for you.

12 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Chinese products are like aggressive invasive species like kudzu, starlings, and bittersweet. It is impossible to be entirely rid of them, but they can be minimized to a certain extent. 

I’ve begun doing what I can and suggest more people do the same. 

Good for you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bakin said:

Why are you posting this lie?  Trump Admin or campaign didn’t make flags or merch in China.
It’s so easy to verify, too...just makes you look like a utterly brainless partisan hack. 
do your research. 

Gullible AF