There is hope for the single guys on this board

My employer just hired a third psychologist.  She’s fresh out of grad school and probably 24-25 years old.  Attractive young lady.  A few of us were in the office yesterday and she mentioned that her fiancé was stopping by to drop off her lunch.  

I almost passed out when I saw him!  Guy looked like he was old enough to be her father.  When she came back inside she said very casually “He’s 49...I know you guys want to ask.”  Everyone just politely brushed it off, but I was thinking the guy must be rich.  She shared later that he’s an assistant manager at Starbucks.  Whaaaaaa?!?!

you fall for who you fall for, it's too bad that age has to be a stigma,(DISCLAIMER, I am speaking only of legal aged people).  I have always hung with a younger crowd, I've never dated anyone considerably younger, but i certainly have had stronger connections with some younger folks than i have with some people of my age.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My employer just hired a third psychologist.  She’s fresh out of grad school and probably 24-25 years old.  Attractive young lady.  A few of us were in the office yesterday and she mentioned that her fiancé was stopping by to drop off her lunch.  

I almost passed out when I saw him!  Guy looked like he was old enough to be her father.  When she came back inside she said very casually “He’s 49...I know you guys want to ask.”  Everyone just politely brushed it off, but I was thinking the guy must be rich.  She shared later that he’s an assistant manager at Starbucks.  Whaaaaaa?!?!

Just now, The Poojer said:

you fall for who you fall for, it's too bad that age has to be a stigma,(DISCLAIMER, I am speaking only of legal aged people).  I have always hung with a younger crowd, I've never dated anyone considerably younger, but i certainly have had stronger connections with some younger folks than i have with some people of my age.

Oh, I completely agree.  It is a bit of a stunner, however, when you see such vast age disparity between “romantic partners.”  Especially when the female is the significantly younger one, makes a lot more money, and is quite attractive ??‍♂️

Nothing wrong...just surprising to see, that’s all.  I bet he’s hung like a donkey ?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Oh, I completely agree.  It is a bit of a stunner, however, when you see such vast age disparity between “romantic partners.”  Especially when the female is the significantly younger one, makes a lot more money, and is quite attractive ??‍♂️

Nothing wrong...just surprising to see, that’s all.  I bet he’s hung like a donkey ?

it has to be daddy issues...right?

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Daddy issues at minimum.  Massive insecurity issues too.

no doubt.  maybe the guy provides a stability that younger guys can't/won't give her.   either way, good for the old guy.

8 minutes ago, teef said:

it has to be daddy issues...right?

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Daddy issues at minimum.  Massive insecurity issues too.

Not sure.  I only met her at her interview and spent a few hours with her and a couple colleagues yesterday.  She seems like a normal, confident young professional to me.  Maybe more will come to the surface in the next few weeks.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Not sure.  I only met her at her interview and spent a few hours with her and a couple colleagues yesterday.  She seems like a normal, confident young professional to me.  Maybe more will come to the surface in the next few weeks.

oh you know it will.  no way she's completely normal.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I've encountered it before.  I work with a few women who I call reverse gold diggers.  They are dating men twice their age who they financially support.  

i suppose i understand this too.  it may be better to have any man vs no man at all.  

1 minute ago, teef said:

i suppose i understand this too.  it may be better to have any man vs no man at all.  

This particular girl would have no problem getting just about any guy she wanted.  Trust me...she’s not a smoke show but she’s very attractive.  That’s what makes the situation so confusing to me.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The one is ugly.  The other one is pretty good looking, a bit too thick for my tastes.  Shes just a crazy, co-dependent, rube from somewhere near Houston.

Interesting.  In the case of my colleague, I wonder if maybe she had some bad experiences dating guys her age.  Maybe the older guy makes her feel more safe/secure in the relationship?  

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Interesting.  In the case of my colleague, I wonder if maybe she had some bad experiences dating guys her age.  Maybe the older guy makes her feel more safe/secure in the relationship?  

if money isn't the allure, this must be it.

my wife was 23 when i met her and i was 32.  it's not a wild age difference, but she appreciated that i was more stable, and getting beyond the going out multiple time a week, trying to hook up.

37 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My wife has a smokin hot divorced friend.  She’s single now, but her last relationship was with a transsexual man (woman turned man).  How close are you to VT?

I'm in OH, but my sister lives in Woodstock, VT!

39 minutes ago, teef said:

and getting beyond the going out multiple time a week, trying to hook up.

Instead you bring in "L.A. Work" these days? Nice job!

• Like (+1) 2