Heads Up: Inside Training Camp Live to cover Buffalo 8/24

19 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

NFL Network has 9 hrs of Inside Training Camp Live tomorrow from 10 am to 7 pm ET. Bills are one of three teams featured. Given we are starved of TC coverage this season, thought you guys might like to know - so you can set your DVRs.

Thanks for reminding me........that DTV is pure garbage. As is AT&T, who dumped NFLN - without notifying me or reducing my cost, of course. My DTV sits dormant most years after the last Bills game.

A few times in the last decade I’ve used it when AT&T went out. I’m trying to record the Bills coverage, but apparently it’s been asleep too long to work. Every year at the start of the season it’s like this. The remote control cannot make the box do anything. It’s frozen on some channel trying to sell me MLB Extra Innings. (Yes, I’ve replaced the batteries in the remote, as I always do in frustration.) Like I want MORE garbage service from them. 

It will either have to wake up while I sleep tonight, or I may be forced to call their HORRIBLE customer service.  Unless you want to BUY something extra, they have no time for you. The last service guy I had was years ago. He left for lunch and came back with....”the look”. He wasn’t just smoking weed, he should have been taken straight to detox then rehab. Trust me on this.  I pray for the best for this guy and hope he’s still alive, but DTV owes paying customers more.

I hope someone can provide a summary if I can’t get this crap to work. At least I got a few weeks head start before real football begins! 

EDIT: I called the number to buy the MLB channel, looking for a warm body. They are closed. Somehow they know I just want to BLAST them instead of actually buy something. Big Brother stuff! If I had my credit card out, they would answer! ?

Yes, I’m a tad frustrated and angry........

Today’s EDIT: The DTV box is finally waking up and has started responding to the remote. I swear, it’s like a Rip VanWinkle thing. After the last Bills game I stop using it and you can’t just turn it back on and start using it. It takes some time and some coaxing (and more than a little cussing!). 

Edited by Augie

My new “working from home” normal is that I’ve got five screens running in my study: my work laptop + two monitors, my personal iMac on TSW, and my iPad running GMFB and Training Camp Live. It’s glorious. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

When I watch these - Even when the Bills are covered it is minimal  

I've not got 9 hours to see 20 minutes of coverage and listen to the endless Tom Brady coverage.  

3 hours ago, eball said:

My new “working from home” normal is that I’ve got five screens running in my study: my work laptop + two monitors, my personal iMac on TSW, and my iPad running GMFB and Training Camp Live. It’s glorious. 

GMFB in the background it nice.  I can pause and rewind if I hear the Bills mentioned 

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Yes, I’m a tad frustrated and angry........

Since a certain  HOFer whose name starts with Aug and ends with gie asked ..

(i did not focus on the commentary but just watched the TC action - i think most self respecting Bills fans and esp. those on this board know all the key Bills narratives better than the NFLN guys -the graphics were alternatively good and bad for Allen - only second QB with 30 PTD and 15 RTD in first two season (Newton) was followed by showing JA’s passer rating (59.7) on the long ball)

started slow - 

1. when the camera panned to the TC, camera focused on the QB group - Allen, Barkley and Webb all in red jerseys -  but surprise no #10 Jake Fromm - but Allen made a few short warm up throws while Barkley and Webb were just standing around. Knox and Singletary were the guys catching those little flicky throws from Allen.

2. Allen appeared to have a wrist issue in his throwing hand  - kept shaking it and then asked a trainer to stretch it for him - something to keep an eye on- he does use his wrist a lot in his throws. But did not appear lingering as of now - he appeared fine later.

3. camera panned to Tre and the DB group practicing catching drills - generally this group was more energetic and active compared to other groups

4. WR group - Foster in a non contact red jersey. Hedging is clearly bigger than the other WRs. But a lot of standing around

5. camera panned back to DBs - now we’re going through drills involving punching balls out of ball carriers’ hands

6. saw the Oline in the background - also appeared to be active with their drills

7. also saw Jason Croom (#80) do some blocking drills - guy looked super healthy and active and was driving his opponent backward- unclear if he was with the WR group or the OL group. Also had a brief Jake Fromm sighting but he was not with the other 3 QBs. 

8. camera went back to non Bills teams - focused on Cam Newton with the Pats - don’t believe a word Belichick says - there is no QB competition - barring injury it is Cam’s job to lose - that he was THE guy was obvious

9. Back to Bills - Showed Allen going thru QB keeper drills - focus was on ball protection - loved that - that was something Allen needed to improve

10. why do the staff’s t-shirts still say Playoff Caliber - shd change em to championship caliber or something - don’t know why that pissed me off

11. Was it a hot day? Allen made a couple of throws and then needed to wipe his hands with a towel.  

12. Overall, I felt the non DB Bills were not showing much urgency - other TCs like Dallas, Baltimore, even Pats players were more energetic - may have been because it was particularly hot.

Will post summaries for rest of the day later.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The best reporting on Bills camp came from the woman who was on site.  She sounded genuinely excited after watching them practice, talking about the fun of watching Tre vs. Diggs, etc.  The studio guys sort of rehashed what we've heard before from national folks -- Diggs is a big weapon, Josh is a young QB, defense is the key to them being good.  Only Steve Smith seemed to suggest he thought the offense should take a big step forward and make them a true contender.

Just now, eball said:

The best reporting on Bills camp came from the woman who was on site.  She sounded genuinely excited after watching them practice, talking about the fun of watching Tre vs. Diggs, etc.  The studio guys sort of rehashed what we've heard before from national folks -- Diggs is a big weapon, Josh is a young QB, defense is the key to them being good.  Only Steve Smith seemed to suggest he thought the offense should take a big step forward and make them a true contender.

Yeah they started listing WRs earlier and included Foster but not Davis so they're clearly not paying much attention.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah they started listing WRs earlier and included Foster but not Davis so they're clearly not paying much attention.

They think Marshal Faulk set them bar............very low.