Florida State Players Revolt

DrDawkinstein

Warren Thompson - (image) -

DJ Matthews - "All the lies smh" -

Tamorrion Terry - "I can’t believe this man ??‍♂️" - https://twitter.com/tt1batman/status/1293908569524379651?s=21

Edit:

David Hale (ESPN) - "This comes on the heels of DJ Matthews tweeting last night that he was Covid positive, quickly deleting the tweet, then posting today 'All the lies smh.'" -

Jaiden Woodley - "You guys can come here and check for yourself.. the FSU Athletic training staff has been doing everything in their power to keep us SAFE! They respected those who chose not to play this year for their safety. But what we can NOT do is let their efforts go unnoticed! Thank you" -

Asante Samuel - "I feel safe coming to practice everyday because of the protocols FSU has in place !!!" -

Marvin Wilson - "I feel safe with what @FSUFootball is doing for us through this pandemic and keeping us safe. Let’s play some football" -

Follow-up from Tamorrion Terry in reply to Jaiden Woodley - "You right they have been brudda nobody never said they wasn’t" - https://mobile.twitter.com/TT1Batman/status/1293932546280087557

Isaiah Bolden - "Unwanted attention" -

Camren McDonald - "Whatever we gotta do to play and do it safely. @FSUFootball has done a great job with daily protocols. I stand behind my teammates and the Seminole family. #WeWantToPlay" - https://mobile.twitter.com/CaamMcd/status/1293941245547618306

RedditCFB - "The complaints coming out at FSU are not about the medical protocols in place. Their issue is that coaches are ordering them to hide their positive tests, preventing any transparency outside the program." / "They are seeing teammates test positive and being forced to hide it from public knowledge." -

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Telling how many times the kid used the word "myself" in his statement.   Good work on pasting the Seminole logo into word to make the statement look official though. 

Well, yeah, if the coaches arent going to worry about the kids' health, they have to worry about it themselves. And he isnt trying to overstep and speak for team mates, only for himself. So what?

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well, yeah, if the coaches arent going to worry about the kids' health, they have to worry about it themselves. And he isnt trying to overstep and speak for team mates, only for himself. So what?

His teammates said explicitly that the training staff is not putting their health or safety at risk.   The coaches legally cannot tell the kids which of their teammates have COVID or not.   The statement wasn't about his real health, it was about his perception of the situation, which is much different than the reality.   He got himself in a tizzy and went straight to social media.   He has every option to opt out of the season if he feels unsafe.  This wasnt about his health, it was about his feelings being hurt and wanting to assign someone blame for that. 

Edited by thenorthremembers

On 8/14/2020 at 12:34 PM, YoloinOhio said:

They were back practicing today and SU released a statement that they will be testing 3x per week approaching, and in, season.  

That reporter is a joke... the only verifiable piece of reporting is that they have indeed sat out 3 practices.   Everything else is unnamed source this, unnamed source that, and nobody ended up opting out yesterday.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.