NFL will allow social justice decals on helmets

Greg S

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Correct.

Not on their helmets though, and not by their own choice. The team decided/approved. This is a league that fines you for wearing the wrong kind of socks, they didn't just let players slap decals on their equipment on their own volition without a fine attached.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not on their helmets though, and not by their own choice. The team decided/approved. This is a league that fines you for wearing the wrong kind of socks, they didn't just let players slap decals on their equipment on their own volition without a fine attached.

They also still have to be league approved they just seem to be coming up with a preapproved list which makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The league has evolved. Either way, I was referring to wearing pink for breast cancer awareness or Salute to Service week which are both league sponsored initiatives.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

The league has evolved. Either way, I was referring to wearing pink for breast cancer awareness or Salute to Service week which are both league sponsored initiatives.

I don't disagree. But Gary's point was wrong. This is new. I could care less about it personally, but let's not act like the league has always allowed it. It hasn't. Saying it has is wrong. The league famously has no sense of levity when it comes to its uniforms.

No

Fun

League

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't disagree. But Gary's point was wrong. This is new. I could care less about it personally, but let's not act like the league has always allowed it. It hasn't. Saying it has is wrong. The league famously has no sense of levity when it comes to its uniforms.

No

Fun

League

I suppose he could have been more specific with which ‘causes’ the NFL has historically allowed as part of teams’ uniforms, but his post was correct if vague.

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

And isn't the NFL the same league that didn't allow Jason Witten to honor the 5 fallen Dallas police officers?

Correct. 

"Protect the Shield" above all else. 

Until the mob comes. Then bow to it and hope it doesn't eat you anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. 

It's a very unfortunate turn of phrase that chooses the pejorative to describe what is at its center a civil rights movement.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. 

It's all very divisive.

Will the ratings take a hit in 2020? I don't know, but I am sure you know a lot of people who are saying "NO" to sports leagues across the country right now.

A lot of my die hard football fan friends have canceled their Sunday Tickets. I won't though.