NFL will allow social justice decals on helmets

Greg S

On 7/22/2020 at 10:40 AM, whatdrought said:

I completely agree. The issue with this situation is the policy that allowed it to happen that way. I get the outrage and I’m there with you on that end, but to say it’s police brutality is burying the lead, I think. 

I agree but I am wondering at what level a no knock warrant is issued? How bad of a dude does he need to be? Because this should only be used in extreme cases of literal drug Lord's who hire out executions. I don't know if this guy was really that bad but from the stories around the situation I doubt it. I think the issue is more with the warrant structure than cop structure.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/22/2020 at 9:21 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Donuts, my family just bought our tix for Disney in January 2021, race weekend, and I’m still not convinced we will be able to go by even then, “normally.” I’m just hoping the park will be open still then and that the races will happen! Am supposed to run the marathon for the 2nd straight year, but who knows?

I would be shocked if they did the race in January- I was at EPCOT Monday and it was a ghost town. The marathons are big money makers but the way they crowd you will make it unlikely 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language in quoted post
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I agree but I am wondering at what level a no knock warrant is issued? How bad of a dude does he need to be? Because this should only be used in extreme cases of literal drug Lord's who hire out executions. I don't know if this guy was really that bad but from the stories around the situation I doubt it. I think the issue is more with the warrant structure than cop structure.

Yep. The issue, I think, is what led to the events. Not that cops shot back when fired upon and someone tragically got killed in the crossfire. 

And while we’re at it, are you suggesting that nonviolent criminals should not be imprisoned?  What about a banker who bilks thousands of middle class workers out of their retirement funds?  That’s nonviolent. Should he be set free?

On 7/21/2020 at 7:22 PM, eball said:

Sorry, brother, it doesn’t work that way. If you don’t want to allow professional athletes to also be people and support their causes — in a way that doesn’t impact the game you’re watching AT ALL — you are free to change the channel. 

Then do it off the field so as to not offend those who have a different opinion.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/21/2020 at 4:04 PM, H2o said:

I wonder if it would be frowned upon if people wore a blue lives matter sticker?

Blue Lives Matter™ Thin Blue Line U.S. Flag Decal – policetees.com

Yes, per article, they are asking for input about a list honoring specific individuals, not general statements supporting political movements or POV.

I don't think Black Lives Matter or All Lives Matter would be allowed, either.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I guess where I am, is how do you separate "policy" from "police"?  They seem very intertwined to me.  Yes, there's a policy to issue the no-knock warrants, but it's also "on" the police officer to seek one.  The warrant structure is not being imposed upon the police as a policy decision from above; it's the police who promoted creation of "no knock" warrants.

As I understand it in the Breonna Taylor case, from the reporting, the actual drug offender was an ex-boyfriend of hers who was already in custody.

The belief was that the ex-boyfriend might have received packages of drugs shipped to her address, but a postal inspection had not found evidence of that.

So no, there was no "bad dude" at that address, it was simply a search for illegal drugs based on her having an ex-boyfriend who was trouble.

And it was the police officer(s) in that case who sought the warrant, knowing that the ex-boyfriend drug dealer was already in custody and that no one in that apartment was expected of being a "drug lord" or even an actual drug dealer, and there wasn't even evidence from postal office surveillance supporting her role as a mule, just their suspicion.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/21/2020 at 4:04 PM, H2o said:

I wonder if it would be frowned upon if people wore a blue lives matter sticker?

Blue Lives Matter™ Thin Blue Line U.S. Flag Decal – policetees.com

Considering there's no such thing as a "blue life", probably. Black people don't have the ability to just stop being being black whenever they want.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Considering there's no such thing as a "blue life", probably. Black people don't have the ability to just stop being being black whenever they want.

Actually, for those that can see it for what it is, yes, blue lives are the same identical thing as police lives.

So, yes, 100% there are Blue lives.

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

Actually, for those that can see it for what it is, yes, blue lives are the same identical thing as police lives.

So, yes, 100% there are Blue lives.

I understand your point, and yes, absolutely police lives matter!  They have a hard and often thankless job.

I think his point may have been that police can put aside being police at the end of the shift when they remove their uniforms and dress like anyone else.

Black and brown people, however, can never put the skin color they're born with aside.

Does that make sense put that way?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand your point, and yes, absolutely police lives matter!  They have a hard and often thankless job.

I think his point may have been that police can put aside being police at the end of the shift when they remove their uniforms and dress like anyone else.

Black and brown people, however, can never put the skin color they're born with aside.

Does that make sense put that way?

The point being is Blue= Police.

The Police have been referred to as Blue going back 100 years, so this isn't something that all of a sudden came up.

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

The point being is Blue= Police.

The Police have been referred to as Blue going back 100 years, so this isn't something that all of a sudden came up.

I can always be mistaken, but I think we all understand that, including @BullBuchanan.  

I believe what he meant by saying "there is no such thing as a blue life", is: Police Officers do not go through life 24/7 being publicly identified and perceived as police officers. 

They take off their uniforms, dress like anyone else, and they are perceived as Joe or Jill Everyman. (Luther Hall surely knows this)

They resign or retire from the police force, ditto.  If you met some of our police officers on this board at a TBD tailgate, they could look like anyone else.

Yes, police officer lives most definitely matter, but they are not "blue lives" in the sense that their visible identity as a police officer is something they can set aside.

Can you see that point?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can always be mistaken, but I think we all understand that, including @BullBuchanan.  

I believe what he meant by saying "there is no such thing as a blue life", is: Police Officers do not go through life 24/7 being publicly identified and perceived as police officers. 

They take off their uniforms, dress like anyone else, and they are perceived as Joe or Jill Everyman. (Luther Hall surely knows this)

They resign or retire from the police force, ditto.  If you met some of our police officers on this board at a TBD tailgate, they could look like anyone else.

Yes, police officer lives most definitely matter, but they are not "blue lives" in the sense that their visible identity as a police officer is something they can set aside.

Can you see that point?

Yes they are Blue Lives. 

They can't set that aside when they are being murdered in uniform.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

23 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

It’s amazing how ignorant bills fans on this message board dont get this. But people in western ny also love voting for elitist racist #######s like Chris collins so guess it’s not to shocking. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Spend time with actual police officers and then read back what you wrote. You'll see the point you're missing. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Spend time with actual police officers and then read back what you wrote. You'll see the point you're missing. 

You're kind of making a deal of assumptions here, aren't you now?  The police officers I spend time with acknowledge that point.  Yes the job stays with them mentally, but they can put on jeans and a shirt and look like anyone else.

Ask Luther Hall. 

I think that's a point you're missing in return.

• Awesome! (+1) 1