Plot Thickens

Does anyone believe that TD is not up to something? His reputation precedes him, and whatever he may be cooking up will, hopefully, be delicious.

That said, the fact that Greg Williams really would love to have Nate. and the Redskins funny deal with Denver (I'd refer to it as "intriguing" but Dan Snyder only does funny things) leads me to believe the Bills and Skins are up to something.

Perhaps TD will pull off two trades: one will be for a cornerback and possibly include Travis; the other will involve Clemons and the Redskins. Who knows, we could even wind up with an decent offensive lineman as well.

Ain't it fun?

From everything I have heard, there are no plans at OBD to move Clements to Washington or to anyone for that matter.

However, I think it's a foregone conclusion that Travis is already gone. He will be shipped out on draft day. The only question is where. TD will make a move, I just don't believe it will be as big a splash as last year.

TD will get into the end of the first round, IMO. Perhaps... TH + our second rounder?

309931[/snapback]

I think I would much rather see TD trade Trav for another 2 round pick. I would rather have 2 2nd rounders than a first rounder and no second.

JMO

TD will get into the end of the first round, IMO. Perhaps... TH + our second rounder?

309931[/snapback]

I hope not. A proven vet strikes me as doing a lot for the Bills W/L than the usual crapshoot of rookie talent (which TD puts at a 50/50 chance for even a first rounder).

If the Bills docs say a player like Shelton is OK physically this type of cap casualty can give the Bills the same cap flexibility that a rookie contract brings. Given that most rookies fail to payoff immediately like an Evans we are far more likely better off with TD using the trade resource on a proven vet for Henry than getting a simple trade payoff (even a 1st).

The draft is fun for us stat fanatics, but is at best a part of building a winning team. Judging from examples like tehe Pats who built their team around acquiring about of a third of their players their first SB year after the June cap casualty deadline andund key FA pick-ups like Harrison rather than the nice but replaceable contributions of 1st round choices like Seymour shows the subordinate role of the draft to building a winner.

Don't get me wrong the draft has been a useful tool for the Pats, but even when it has it comes from their 6th round picks of players like Brady rather than from their high profile (and high cost) picks.

I hope the Bills get better value than even a first for Henry by instead picking up a vet who can contribute even if we judge him a lesser potential talent than Henry or a 2nnd.

From everything I have heard, there are no plans at OBD to move Clements to Washington or to anyone for that matter.

However, I think it's a foregone conclusion that Travis is already gone. He will be shipped out on draft day. The only question is where. TD will make a move, I just don't believe it will be as big a splash as last year.

309926[/snapback]

Yes, but no one heard about the moves for Willis or Losman before those drafts. That's my point. Donohoe cannot be trusted to shrink on draft day, just because of "appearances."

Anyone else think the Dolphins will now trade for Patrick Ramsey?

310018[/snapback]

The Redskins are absolutely retarded. Patrick Ramsey gets the crap kicked out of him since they had no O-Line and no WRs to help him out, and yet he still put up decent numbers and was respected by his teammates. When he played in Buffalo a few years ago, I was amazed by how much of a beating that poor kid could take and still get up from it...I was very impressed. So what do the Redskins do? Bench a guy who was finally coming on for Mark Brunnell, who the game passed by around five years ago. He flops...so naturally, they'd realize the error of their ways and go back to the popular Ramsey...nah, time to draft someone new!

The Skins might finish bottom 5 this year...

The Redskins are absolutely retarded.  Patrick Ramsey gets the crap kicked out of him since they had no O-Line and no WRs to help him out, and yet he still put up decent numbers and was respected by his teammates.  When he played in Buffalo a few years ago, I was amazed by how much of a beating that poor kid could take and still get up from it...I was very impressed.  So what do the Redskins do?  Bench a guy who was finally coming on for Mark Brunnell, who the game passed by around five years ago.  He flops...so naturally, they'd realize the error of their ways and go back to the popular Ramsey...nah, time to draft someone new!

The Skins might finish bottom 5 this year...

310023[/snapback]

Agreed. The kid has a ton of heart and can make all of the throws. If I were Green Bay or Miami I'd trade for him in a heartbeat.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/colu..._len&id=2041257

skins want Campbell.. I think TD has something up his sleeve, I just don't think it involves Nate or the skins...

309924[/snapback]

Campbell talk is just a smokescreen.

If he was teh real target, they would do a trade on draft day to make the pick.

The Denver trade positions them to either try to move up into the top 5 for Braylon Edwards or gives them flexibility to trade 1 of the 1sts for a player (Clements?)

Campbell talk is just a smokescreen.

If he was teh real target, they would do a trade on draft day to make the pick.

The Denver trade positions them to either try to move up into the top 5 for Braylon Edwards or gives them flexibility to trade 1 of the 1sts for a player (Clements?)

310027[/snapback]

Again, it would shock me if WR is their goal. They NEED a stud CB who can cover Owens, Plaxico and Keyshawn.

I went back yesterday and watched the videos on BB.com from the draft last year. One quote from both Modrak and TD stood out to me. I paraphrase "If there is a player that we covet in the draft, no matter where we are, we will do everything in our power to get that player."

Stay tuned....

I agree. They will pay for anyone they want to get. I think that they would like to get one of them early OL (Barron, Brown, or Barnes?) somewheres in the mid to late 1st rd. Maybe not. I do expect Buffalo to at least get into the early 2nd rd at the very worse.

I think I would much rather see TD trade Trav for another 2 round pick. I would rather have 2 2nd rounders than a first rounder and no second.

JMO

309933[/snapback]

I agree 100 percent. The real steals are going to come in the second round this year.

Oh yeah, if the Skins' let Ramsey go, they just might be the dumbest damn team in football.