Convince me that the 2020 Pats are good...

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I think Fields is a good player, but @YoloinOhio would probably be the best one to ask about his pro prospects. Not sure if he's a system guy or a QB who is going to be legit in the NFL. We've seen many a QB put up gaudy numbers at Ohio St. and then not make it in the NFL. I think it will depend on the coaching staff a lot too. 

I don’t know yet. I am not good at projecting QBs to the nfl. I rely on the analysts for that. They seem to think he’s right behind Lawrence right now. He has had a ridiculous year so far. He has as many TDs as incompletions (11) so far through 3 games. He has  87% completion and no picks.  His accuracy and pocket presence are very impressive. They are running a pro style offense and one thing he does is hold the ball but on the other hand there are downfield routes that he is waiting to develop so not sure if it’s a bad thing. He throws deep a ton. He does benefit from some elite WR play right now. He is the fastest guy on the team but he’s not running... like at all.  I don’t know if they are worrried he’s going to get hurt like last year or saving that element for when they actually need it or both. If it wasn’t for him and the passing game I’m not sure how good this team will be. It’s the only elite element right now. 

Edit - I should also note that of his incompletions, most if not all were drops of perfect thrown balls. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1