Fifty Years Ago Today

Such a tragedy.

I’ve never been able to figure out how the very anti-establishment hippies of the 60’s have become such pro/big government today. They went from taking care of themselves on communes to taking care of everyone whether they want or even need the help.  

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Yes, he missed January 5th The Prague Spring Uprising, the January 23rd Best Korea capture of the US Pueblo, the January 30th Tet Offensive launch by N Vietnam, the April 4th assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.

Wonder if he’ll post the 50th anniversary of RFK’s assassination on June 5th,  the September 30th introduction of the Boeing 747, the October 16th 200 meter Athlete’s Olympic Salute protest, The first on air interracial kiss November 22 on Star Trek, and the Dec 24th launch of Apollo 8 which was the first manned craft to circle the moon and safely return to earth. 

Nah. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yes, he missed January 5th The Prague Spring Uprising, the January 23rd Best Korea capture of the US Pueblo, the January 30th Tet Offensive launch by N Vietnam, the April 4th assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.

Wonder if he’ll post the 50th anniversary of RFK’s assassination on June 5th,  the September 30th introduction of the Boeing 747, the October 16th 200 meter Athlete’s Olympic Salute protest, The first on air interracial kiss November 22 on Star Trek, and the Dec 24th launch of Apollo 8 which was the first manned craft to circle the moon and safely return to earth. 

Nah. 

You get upset way too easily 

59 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Nah. 

He missed the boat on most of those in terms of the 50th anniversary.  He's down to the 50th anniversary of his Grandpa buying a Ford Maverick which rusted into a pile of junk in just 24 months. 

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

He missed the boat on most of those in terms of the 50th anniversary.  He's down to the 50th anniversary of his Grandpa buying a Ford Maverick which rusted into a pile of junk in just 24 months. 

Ha! I remember the Ford Maverick. I remember my father thinking cars shouldn’t be that small. Fast forward to 2020 and it’d be classified as a full-size at your local rental car dealer!

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ha! I remember the Ford Maverick. I remember my father thinking cars shouldn’t be that small. Fast forward to 2020 and it’d be classified as a full-size at your local rental car dealer!

A car so bad that the nameplate never got revived.  I think that I only saw one Maverick that did not have extensive rust after a year and a half of being built.  School teacher that I had during the mid-1970's owned a Ford Ranchero (Ford's answer to Chevy's El Camino) that was not much better but there were so few made that the collectors go after them.

11 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

A car so bad that the nameplate never got revived.  I think that I only saw one Maverick that did not have extensive rust after a year and a half of being built.  School teacher that I had during the mid-1970's owned a Ford Ranchero (Ford's answer to Chevy's El Camino) that was not much better but there were so few made that the collectors go after them.

My brother has a Ranchero, completely restored and only taken out on sunny Sundays a few times a year. I have vague memories of my father's new El Camino when I was just a wee lad. 

• 5 weeks later...

Today is the anniversary of the Battle of Cold Harbor in 1864. One of the worst disasters in United States military history. General Grant threw three army corps right at Lee’s lines and they were slaughtered. Seven thousand soldiers fell in twenty minutes. 

Racism caused the war that led to such slaughter. Racism hurts everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tibs hero has a message for everyone. We must bring these super predators to heel.

Tibs hero just loves black people. Hillary has done more for black people than anyone. Just look at Haiti. She just loves Haitians too...especially the little ones...