Trent Williams traded to San Fran

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Bingo. Being reported now.

From of the new era one of my more favorite movies, Inglorious Bastards, “That’s a Bingo”.

I stand by what I said before on 32, paying a ton, and giv8ng up trade capital.  Beane said, yeah, no.  Good call.  

SF thinks they could win this year so I get it.  That’s why they are not worried about next years contract.  They want the ring.

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Seems about right. I never believed the 1st round pick talk.

They were still holding out for that level of total compensation - late first/early second - as of the first day of the draft.  I’d guess they were hoping some team would flinch or get shut out in the draft.  Didn’t turn out that way and they got less than what they could have.

5 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

the whole was very weird. It seems like he was holding out due to being mad at the medical staff and also due to his contract. No other team really wanted him either, yet he’s supposed to be really great? 

a lot of red flags. I doubt it really works out very well for anybody in San Fran. 

I live in the MD/DC area. The primary underlying reason for the holdout was that he and his agent thought he could force the team to give him a new more enriched contract instead of play under the contract that he was currently playing under. When he signed the deal it was one of the highest salaries for a tackle. Or anthother way of saying it was that it was at market rate for a player of his status. In addition, there were medical issues associated with the staff and how the organization handled his health problem. When the organization said that they were willing to allow an outside medical review of the matter he declined the offer.  

Williams sat out the year with the intention of forcing the organization to move him so that he could rework his deal with another team that was amenable to giving him a new contract. Washington held firm. So he ended up losing a year's salary. The Redskins have made a lot of organizational mistakes under their former GM, Allen. In this case the departed GM was right on this issue. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

While OBD snoozes. Why do they refuse to fix our OL? They made a good start last year, except for Ford, and now they've just given up. Sad.

There is absolutely no reason to believe Trent Williams is a better player than Dawkins at this point.  He has not played in over a year, has serious injury concerns, and to any rational observer, a serious motivation problem as well.  He may or may not regain his previous form,  Dawkins is younger, rising, motivated and a team player.  He is seriously under rated by many Bills fans.  This would have been a stupid trade for the Bills.  This is a one year move by SF forced by the retirement of Staley.  

Edited by FLFan