My pick for the 2nd round - Jonathan Taylor

12 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

OK.  How do you know they are not looking for a workhorse RB.  Has Beane told you this?  Is if from God's mouth to your ear?

He is one of the top 4 running backs accord to most draft sites.  He is a good receiver, which is something we lacked.  Yes, he would do and be our RB 1A.

I’m familiar with Dobbins. I was wondering why you responded to a post about Taylor with a scouting report on Dobbins. I agree that they need to replace Gore’s touches with someone > Yeldon 

Edited by YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m familiar with Dobbins. I was wondering why you responded to a post about Taylor with a scouting report on Dobbins. I agree that they need to replace Gore’s touches with someone > Yeldon 

CapeBreton   brought up Dobbins.  I think he has a better chance of being around in the 40-52 area than Taylor, E-H or Swift.  He appears to be a good pass catcher and would give some wrinkles to the offense to complement Singletary. I also think any one of the top 5 RB's would be an improvement on Singletary and could be a top 10 RB, whereas Singletary is about at his ceiling  around the 16 to 24 range.

10 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

CapeBreton   brought up Dobbins.  I think he has a better chance of being around in the 40-52 area than Taylor, E-H or Swift.  He appears to be a good pass catcher and would give some wrinkles to the offense to complement Singletary. I also think any one of the top 5 RB's would be an improvement on Singletary and could be a top 10 RB, whereas Singletary is about at his ceiling  around the 16 to 24 range.

Dobbins could definitely be there though I think the Dolphins really like him. But if they get Swift in the 1st, he could be there when the bills pick 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Silly me.  Here I thought that teams drafted better players sooner than no so good players. Glad that you decided to correct me on that.

Where did I say otherwise and have the Bills drafted yet?  Do you know what they're thinking at RB, specifically "we have to get a better RB than DS at 54"?

And a RB to split carries won't necessitate a high pick

Why would you want an inferior RB rather than a top guy?    If you make the backup RB the 8th or higher RB taken, most likely he will not be as good as the 3rd of 4th RB taken. If you get the earlier guy he is less likely to be a bust.  IF you get the earlier guy, he should be even better than Singletary  (I guess that obvious statement should get out the pitchforks and firebrand people) and get more yardage and more TD's.  (touchdown maker).  If you get the earlier guy you can get a guy who has more speed around the corner, has more breakaway speed, a guy who can line up wide and be an extra legimate wide receiver and a guy who is a natural pass catcher that the coaches would trust.

It is a matter of getting BETTER at every position at positions that matter.   We CAN get a guy at #54, who will probably be the starter or RB1A guy by the middle of the season.  Why settle for a "cost effective" backup? I don't get it. RB is a position, where one guy can win a game for you and make the QB and wide receivers look better. 

3 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Why would you want an inferior RB rather than a top guy?    If you make the backup RB the 8th or higher RB taken, most likely he will not be as good as the 3rd of 4th RB taken. If you get the earlier guy he is less likely to be a bust.  IF you get the earlier guy, he should be even better than Singletary  (I guess that obvious statement should get out the pitchforks and firebrand people) and get more yardage and more TD's.  (touchdown maker).  If you get the earlier guy you can get a guy who has more speed around the corner, has more breakaway speed, a guy who can line up wide and be an extra legimate wide receiver and a guy who is a natural pass catcher that the coaches would trust.

It is a matter of getting BETTER at every position at positions that matter.   We CAN get a guy at #54, who will probably be the starter or RB1A guy by the middle of the season.  Why settle for a "cost effective" backup? I don't get it. RB is a position, where one guy can win a game for you and make the QB and wide receivers look better.

Here's a good article on RB's in today's NFL: https://qz.com/1602987/nfl-draft-order-2019-first-round-running-backs-are-rare/

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's an article on the RB position in general. 

It doesn’t really address that you shouldn’t take a better RB prospect. Everyone knows the RB position is devalued. 

Edited by FireChans

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It doesn’t really address that you shouldn’t take a better RB prospect. Everyone knows the RB position is devalued. 

I think that good RB's can be found throughout the draft and that the Bills have other needs.  I don't see a homerun RB in this draft, much less at 54.  And if the Bills wanted, they can trade for one like Fournette for probably a 5th rounder.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think that good RB's can be found throughout the draft and that the Bills have other needs.  I don't see a homerun RB in this draft, much less at 54.  And if the Bills wanted, they can trade for one like Fournette for probably a 5th rounder.

I’m confused dude. You were like freaking out that WR may not be BPA at 54. Now we have other needs other than RB? What “homerun” RB did you expect to see in this draft that would be worth 54, a Zeke Elliott clone? Who exactly do you want at 54?

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’m confused dude. You were like freaking out that WR may not be BPA at 54. Now we have other needs other than RB? What “homerun” RB did you expect to see in this draft that would be worth 54, a Zeke Elliott clone? Who exactly do you want at 54?

If you are taking a RB in round 2 I expect it to be a high potential prospect who can take over the position in year one or two at worst. 

I would want a Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb type prospect. Yes I get that it is a high bar to set but overall with the disposable nature of the position you have to have a big return on investment with high draft capital.

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

If you are taking a RB in round 2 I expect it to be a high potential prospect who can take over the position in year one or two at worst. 

I would want a Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb type prospect. Yes I get that it is a high bar to set but overall with the disposable nature of the position you have to have a big return on investment with high draft capital.

I think there are RB’s with that level of prospect who are potentially available. Henry was pick 45. Lol.

Edited by FireChans

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think there are RB’s with that level of prospect who are potentially available. Henry was pick 45. Lol.

Henry and Cubb were second round picks that's why I started that those blue chip RB's are the types of prospects you want at pick 54. If you can get a really good prospect at pick 54 then take them. But there are other positions you need to take ahead of a RB so the only way you justify an RB is if they are that dam good. 

22 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Freaking out.  LOL! 

Anyway, nowhere did I say I expected a homerun RB in this draft.  I said they needed a guy to split carries with Singletary. 

And I think they should look at CB.  Maybe LB. 

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Freaking out.  LOL! 

Anyway, nowhere did I say I expected a homerun RB in this draft.  I said they needed a guy to split carries with Singletary. 

And I think they should look at CB.  Maybe LB. 

“We have other needs!!!!!!”

”uh maybe look at these two positions maybe?”

Does not compute. Is LB a need or not? How good do you expect one of the DB’s at 54 to be?

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Henry and Cubb were second round picks that's why I started that those blue chip RB's are the types of prospects you want at pick 54. If you can get a really good prospect at pick 54 then take them. But there are other positions you need to take ahead of a RB so the only way you justify an RB is if they are that dam good. 

Nick Chubb was not a “blue chip” prospect. He was just a running back who ended up being very good. He was the 4th RB taken in his draft. Henry was taken 41 picks after the RB before him.

I’m not sure what the argument really is here besides, “if they draft an RB in the second, he better be good.” Yeah, thanks.

Edited by FireChans

Just now, FireChans said:

“We have other needs!!!!!!”

”uh maybe look at these two positions maybe?”

Does not compute. Is LB a need or not? How good do you expect one of the DB’s at 54 to be?

"Does not compute?????!!!"

Stop getting so excited, dude.

Just now, FireChans said:

It’s really easy to poo-poo every pick possible.  It’s not so easy to say what player they should take.

I'm not poo-pooing every pick.  Just that I see CB as more of a need than a RB who will split carries with Devin.  Not to mention CB's are harder to get and RB's are easier to find.  It all depends on how the draft falls.

Just now, Doc said:

I'm not poo-pooing every pick.  Just that I see CB as more of a need than a RB who will split carries with Devin.  Not to mention CB's are harder to get and RB's are easier to find.  It all depends on how the draft falls.

A CB who will split snaps with Wallace, Norman, TJ and Neal?