KFC in Texas Greets PETA With Sprinklers

Me ... I've got a lot of questions for God. When I die if I am lucky enough to see the Creator the first thing I'm going to ask is why are so many things I love to eat and drink and whatever so bad for me? Every year I have to give up something I love for my health. When I was born I didn't ask to love Jack Daniels so much, it was already programmed in me. And that's just for starters.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me ... I've got a lot of questions for God.  When I die if I am lucky enough to see the Creator the first thing I'm going to ask is why are so many things I love to eat and drink and whatever so bad for me?  Every year I have to give up something I love for my health.  When I was born I didn't ask to love Jack Daniels so much, it was already programmed in me. And that's just for starters.

307856[/snapback]

Beer is a sign that God wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

Allow me to clarify.

I do not have a problem with killing animals or people for that matter. I am wearing leather shoes and belt right now. I have killed animals before. And as far as killing people goes if you kill one person you are a murderer. If you kill 100,000 people that's forigen policy. As a Marine you are well aware of that.

There are animals and people I could kill today and still sleep well tonight. That is not my problem. I own a Walther P88 and a P5 and I'm proud of them. Not my problem.

My problem is when chickens are raised for food they are raised in unsanitary conditions, pumped full of drugs to make them more sellable, bigger, better and the process once they are killed is so full of germs the end product isn't chicken like you and I would raise on our own ranch, but a mess of chemicals, steroids, antibiotics, chicken crap and who knows what else that can make people sick. Sick in the near term and the long run. I just don't like the risk involved when the process if focused on making the most money no matter the quality of the end product. If that's stupid, then I'm stupid. I just don't like to feed myself crap that is disgusting when you know what is in it. And the chicken part isn't the problem.

Here's a list of pansies starting with Marv Levy >>

Hank Aaron (home run champion in major league baseball) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

B J Armstrong (US Basketball star)

Al Beckles (body builder)

Sorya Bonali (ice skater)

Les Brown (veteran runner)

Peter Burwash (tennis)

Andreas Cahling (body builder)

Andreas Cahling (bodybuilder)

Chris Campbell (1980 world champion wrestler)

Joanna Conway (ice skater)

Sylvia Cranston (triathlete)

Sally Eastall (Marathon runner - UK No 2, vegan)

Di Edwards (runner, Olympic semi-finalist)

Katie Fitzgibbon (marathon runner)

Clare Francis (sailer)

Louis Freitas (body builder)

Carol Gould (marathon runner)

Estelle Gray (cyclist) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Sammy Green (runner)

Ruth Heidrich (3-time Ironman finisher, marathoner, age-group record holder, Pres. Vegetarian Society of Honolulu) (vegan) Source: personal acquaintance, also...her book--A Race for Life

Sally Hibberd (British Women's Mountain Bike Champion)

Sharon Hounsell (Miss Wales Bodybuilding Champion)

Desmond Howard (formerly w/Washington Redskins, now w/Jacksonville Jaguars) Source: PETA mailer

Roger Hughes (Welsh National Ski Champion)

David Johnson (BAA coach)

Kathy Johnson (Olympic Gymnast)

Alan Jones (British ski jumper)

Billie Jean King (tennis champion) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Killer Kowalski (wrestler) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Jack LaLanne (Fitness guru) (vegan)

Donnie LaLonde (Former Light Heavyweight Champion of the World. (Lost title to Sugar Ray Leonard)) Source: Article in San Jose Mercury News

Tony LaRussa (Manager of St. Louis Cardinals - US team) Source: PETA, Animals Agenda, Animals Voice, Veg Times, others

Silken Laumann (Olympic rower) Source: Cooking Television Show

Judy Leden (British, European & World Hang Gliding champion)

Marv Levey (Buffalo Bills Coach)

Jutta Müller (multiple Windsurfing World Cup Champion) Source: Flutlicht 95/6/18 on Südwest 3 (German TV program)

Jack Maitland (triathlete and fell runner)

Cheryl Marek (cyclist) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Leslie Marx (fencer;1996 woman's epee national champion)

Kirsty McDermott (runner)

Lindford McFarquar (body builder)

Robert Millar (cyclist)

Katherine Monbiot (world champion arm wrestler and nutritionist) (vegan) Source: The Vegan Society UK

Monika Montsho (weightlifter, 2 x runnerup GB Championships 60kg, NW woman weightlifter of the year 1991)

Edwin Moses

Martina Navratilova (Retired Tennis Champion) Source: Magazine Interviews/Genesis Awards

Julie Ann Niewiek (Basketball commentator) Source: Grand Rapids press/ Image Magazine

Paavo Nurmi

Robert Parish (Center - Warriors, Celtics, Hornets, Bulls) Source: Hearsay

Bill Pearl (Bodybuilder, Mr America) Source: Getting Stronger by Bill Pearl, pg 399

Bill Pearl (Mr. Universe and bodybuilder) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Anthony Peeler (NBA Grizzlies basketball player) Source: NBA web site profiles

Dave Scott (five time winner of the Ironman Triathlon) (vegan) "The New Laurel's Kitchen" cookbook

Debbie Spaeth-Herring (Georgia State power-lifter) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Jonathon Speelman (chess)

Lucy Stephens (triathlete - vegan)

Jacques Vaughn (All American point guard, #1-ranked Univ of KS Jayhawks) Source: Lawrence (KS) Journal World (numerous editions)

Kirsty Wade (runner)

Bill Walton (basketball player) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian Hank Aaron (home run champion in major league baseball) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

B J Armstrong (US Basketball star)

Al Beckles (body builder)

Sorya Bonali (ice skater)

Les Brown (veteran runner)

Peter Burwash (tennis)

Andreas Cahling (body builder)

Andreas Cahling (bodybuilder)

Chris Campbell (1980 world champion wrestler)

Joanna Conway (ice skater)

Sylvia Cranston (triathlete)

Sally Eastall (Marathon runner - UK No 2, vegan)

Di Edwards (runner, Olympic semi-finalist)

Katie Fitzgibbon (marathon runner)

Clare Francis (sailer)

Louis Freitas (body builder)

Carol Gould (marathon runner)

Estelle Gray (cyclist) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Sammy Green (runner)

Ruth Heidrich (3-time Ironman finisher, marathoner, age-group record holder, Pres. Vegetarian Society of Honolulu) (vegan) Source: personal acquaintance, also...her book--A Race for Life

Sally Hibberd (British Women's Mountain Bike Champion)

Sharon Hounsell (Miss Wales Bodybuilding Champion)

Desmond Howard (formerly w/Washington Redskins, now w/Jacksonville Jaguars) Source: PETA mailer

Roger Hughes (Welsh National Ski Champion)

David Johnson (BAA coach)

Kathy Johnson (Olympic Gymnast)

Alan Jones (British ski jumper)

Billie Jean King (tennis champion) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Killer Kowalski (wrestler) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Jack LaLanne (Fitness guru) (vegan)

Donnie LaLonde (Former Light Heavyweight Champion of the World. (Lost title to Sugar Ray Leonard)) Source: Article in San Jose Mercury News

Tony LaRussa (Manager of St. Louis Cardinals - US team) Source: PETA, Animals Agenda, Animals Voice, Veg Times, others

Silken Laumann (Olympic rower) Source: Cooking Television Show

Judy Leden (British, European & World Hang Gliding champion)

Marv Levey (Buffalo Bills Coach)

Jutta Müller (multiple Windsurfing World Cup Champion) Source: Flutlicht 95/6/18 on Südwest 3 (German TV program)

Jack Maitland (triathlete and fell runner)

Cheryl Marek (cyclist) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Leslie Marx (fencer;1996 woman's epee national champion)

Kirsty McDermott (runner)

Lindford McFarquar (body builder)

Robert Millar (cyclist)

Katherine Monbiot (world champion arm wrestler and nutritionist) (vegan) Source: The Vegan Society UK

Monika Montsho (weightlifter, 2 x runnerup GB Championships 60kg, NW woman weightlifter of the year 1991)

Edwin Moses

Martina Navratilova (Retired Tennis Champion) Source: Magazine Interviews/Genesis Awards

Julie Ann Niewiek (Basketball commentator) Source: Grand Rapids press/ Image Magazine

Paavo Nurmi

Robert Parish (Center - Warriors, Celtics, Hornets, Bulls) Source: Hearsay

Bill Pearl (Bodybuilder, Mr America) Source: Getting Stronger by Bill Pearl, pg 399

Bill Pearl (Mr. Universe and bodybuilder) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Anthony Peeler (NBA Grizzlies basketball player) Source: NBA web site profiles

Dave Scott (five time winner of the Ironman Triathlon) (vegan) "The New Laurel's Kitchen" cookbook

Debbie Spaeth-Herring (Georgia State power-lifter) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

Jonathon Speelman (chess)

Lucy Stephens (triathlete - vegan)

Jacques Vaughn (All American point guard, #1-ranked Univ of KS Jayhawks) Source: Lawrence (KS) Journal World (numerous editions)

Kirsty Wade (runner)

Bill Walton (basketball player) Source: A Teen's Guide to Going Vegetarian

307808[/snapback]

Lots of people listed 2, 3 times :doh:

And if that fuggin pansey Marv Levy had eaten meat then maybe we would have one a Super Bowl or two. Eating only brussel sprouts took away his killer instinct!

But what about the death that stems from the production of frozen soy burgers?  Plants are people too you know...  :doh:

307746[/snapback]

I eat soy burgers due to fat/cholesterol restrictions and fiber needs. They are not bad. I FRY them with only 1 shot of spray canola per side to ease their pain... :)

A Colt 45 is a fine weapon.  It also has more take-down power than my 9MM pea shooters.  I would have to rely on head shots and hoping the bad guy bled to death where as with a Colt 45 it would be over a lot sooner.

307886[/snapback]

The only problem is the friggin' recoil.

The first time I shot it, my shoulder hurt for 2 months. :doh:

Tell you what....Ill stop consider how these chickens and fish feel when vegetarians consider how those poor plants feel.

Think about it.....

Grown in rows of crowded fields, with only drops of water once per day. Feed with tons of terrible pesticides that nearly kill them and then went sent off to die, its done by these huge, mean, loud farm machines.

Dowright inhumane, if you ask me.

A Colt 45 is a fine weapon.  It also has more take-down power than my 9MM pea shooters.  I would have to rely on head shots and hoping the bad guy bled to death where as with a Colt 45 it would be over a lot sooner.

307886[/snapback]

I like a .44 Special 2" bbl revolver with Win silvertips... :D

I love the KFC chicken breasts. Ever notice there's not a lot of bone left when you're done?

307937[/snapback]

Definitily the "premium" piece in the bucket. I like the drumsticks as well. I only get to enjoy KFC a couple of times a year - old age and all that... :D

Fug KFC.  Go ahead and cheer for them, real nice.  What they do to animals is more than inhumane - it's a crime.  Take a peruse through some of the expose journalism that's been written about the chicken conditions at KFC - absolutely horrid and disgusting.  And if you eat their products, you're ingesting some seriously negative karma.

307599[/snapback]

Dont shoot the deer! thats inhumane. Lets let there pupulation grow and they can starve to death instead..>Thats much better. Or maybe you can hit them with your car and then you and the deer can die.

Animal right people=RJ

SHUT UP

Yes, because obviously this:

Fug KFC.  Go ahead and cheer for them, real nice.  What they do to animals is more than inhumane - it's a crime.  Take a peruse through some of the expose journalism that's been written about the chicken conditions at KFC - absolutely horrid and disgusting.  And if you eat their products, you're ingesting some seriously negative karma.

equals:

Dont shoot the deer! thats inhumane.

:D

If God never intended us not to eat animals he would not make them taste like meat.  Fug PETA!  I am gonna have some veal for dinner

307940[/snapback]

this IS a very ignorant comment

lol you sir, need to do some reading and stop making jokes

there is no "ethical"way to kill something. its simply killing it. if you have a problem with the killing than fight to turn everyone in to a pansy vegetarian.

lets go crazy and  compair this to capital punishment.  :D  people want to kill someone. but they have to do it "ethicaly". people find a bigger problem in the method of killing than they do the actual act of killing.

307803[/snapback]

Yeah right, I suppose when you go you wouldn't mind dying getting flayed alive in front of your family, or boiled alive... death is death. I bet you would have been real stoic, a real tough guy, in a Bosnian refugee camp.

On the other hand, if they were "true" vegetarians they would not use aspirin, penicillin, allergy medicines or thousands of other drugs that are tested on animals. :D

307854[/snapback]

They wouldn't eat any vegetables or grains grown with pesticides, either, since those kill animals. Insects, yes...but last I checked, insects are animals, too.

My brother and sister both became vegetarians, strictly for environmental and practical reasons: the resources it takes to raise one beef steer can feed something like 450 people (and the health reasons that we as Americans eat far more meat than is really healthy). But - and this is the important point - they're not holier-than-thou zealots about it who think that beef steer has equal or greater (as PETA is on record as suggesting) rights than a person and believe that just because they're vegetarians doesn't mean everyone should be cowed into it. There's a world of difference between being a vegetarian, and being a proselytizing obnoxious member of PETA...