Why Was Frank Gore So Ineffective Down The Stretch?

19 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

So you’re saying he got burned out and ran out of gas?  Some would believe that it was playcalling that doomed Gore.  Either way it was ugly

Those "few" who think it's playcalling probably want to fire every Offensive Coordinator every year. 

Given that RB's are now on a pitch count i think has something to do with it, it use to be they had to get into the flow of the game or as some said get into a rhythm & seeing as the most carries a RB gets now are around the 25 mark if you have 2 backs thats not a lot & no where near enough to get that rhythm thing happening !! 

Daboll insisted on running Gore around the tackles and to the outside.  He wasn't fast enough to do that, and would have stood a better chance running between the tackles.  Daboll is a clueless play caller.

1 hour ago, without a drought said:

Why stop there, they need to clean out the entire offensive coaching staff and completely retool the O Line until Gore can be effective again. 

I like Dabol and I'm glad he's back- did he put Frank in positions to be successful ? No he didn't just accept it don't pretend he did that's all. Guys call bad plays as  offensive coordinators -they all do. He did a great job with Josh maturing helping him show the defensive coverage with formations. Bad play calls are part of the game some more than others the cover up is if you have a kick ass line and very few teams do. Every team that doesn't win the super bowl is upset with two things their offensive coordinator and the offensive line. Dabol had a hard time finding a role for Frank after Singletary came back. Same can be said for Tyler Kroft the difference is he tried to shove that square block (frank) into the round hole (game plan) while Kroft he was left with he's not a game breaker I can't try to develop a spot while trying to win football games

Edited by CardinalScotts