42 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Vegas has us the 4th best odds of winning the AFC. I'd rank it:

1. KC

2. Baltimore 

3. Pittsburgh 

4. Buffalo 

That's pretty close to how I have it.

30 minutes ago, The Fiend said:

But...on that same token, we beat Pittsburgh last year, so how can you rank them better than us??

Seriously? Big Ben was hurt all year. We may have beaten them still but who knows?

24 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

So your rankings for where teams will be going forward is based on historical playoff wins? ?

No. A playoff win for Buffalo is important, though.

7 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

This is a thread largely for estimating what you think are the current rankings in the AFC. I realize this is still too early, buy hey what else do we have to do in these corona times?

I got

Chiefs- Super bowl winners with a mostly returning roster. Hard to put anyone ahead of them.

Ravens- Will Lamar repeat last year's performance? Unlikely that it will be quite as good, but the Ravens have a very solid roster, and were the #1 team in the AFC last year. 

Bills- I think the Bills Defense improved slightly, and the offense has the potential to bust open with Diggs added. Could rise more depending on Allen, but could also be worse if the offense doesn't improve

Titans- Will Tannehil repeat last year's performance over the course of a full season? Doubtful. However, I think the running game could keep him effective, and they have a strong defense.

Steelers- Solid roster overall, were missing a reliable QB last year. Does Big Ben have a good year left in him? To be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers in the 10-6/11-5 range 

Broncos- I think the Broncos may surprise some people. They were trending upwards by the end of the year, and may be moving back towards relevance.

Texans- I think losing Hopkins will be a big blow to their offense, and not having any firsts will not help. I may not be giving Watson enough credit here, but I think the Texans are going downhill from last season.

Pats*- The Pat's* still have a solid defense, and unless they start trading away players, I would be surprised to see them near the bottom. They still get to play the Jets and the Phins twice as well.

Browns- Do the browns finally put all this talent together into something useful? Let me see a competent Oline first. I'll believe the Brown's success when I see it.

Colts-  The colts have a solid roster, but I don't think Phillip Rivers is going to be overly successful at that age.

Raiders- I don't see anything better than 8-8 happening with this team. Nothing about it really impressed me.

Chargers-  Tyrod Taylor at Qb? I think we have seen enough to say that will never result in more than a single game playoff berth.

Dolphins- I think that Phish will improve this season... To third in the division. I doubt their FA spending spree makes them suddenly great... Or good. 

Jets- I expect Darnold to get torn apart behind that O line (or lack there of)

Jags- Do I even need to say anything here?

Bengals- I don't expect Joe Burrow to have enough help to do much with this team. 

Who do ya got?

I think the Colts belong toward the top.  Chargers OL was garbage.  Take a look at Rivers 2018 stats.

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

I would move the Jets way up...They had a 4-game win streak at the end including 7 of the last 9....people don't give credit for the Jets

That 7-2 finish was completely hollow. Bad competition and had some calls go their way. 

Pats are looking to tank, imo.

People say BB never would - but that dude didn't just fall off the turnip truck, and he's always up for sticking it to the league when he can.

He knows they have no shot this season, and he knows drafting Trevor and gearing up for another decade+ run would be the toxic cherry on top of the eff-you-league sunday.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Seriously? Big Ben was hurt all year. We may have beaten them still but who knows?

That's my point. Houston's Hopkins is gone this year, just like Big Ben was gone last year. So how come you don't have Buffalo ranked higher than Houston?? Without Hopkins, the Bills win easily last year.

1 hour ago, The Fiend said:

That's my point. Houston's Hopkins is gone this year, just like Big Ben was gone last year. So how come you don't have Buffalo ranked higher than Houston?? Without Hopkins, the Bills win easily last year.

QB is infinitely more important than any other position on the field.