Bill Barnwell of ESPN has a Dominos Fall thing.

MAJBobby

On 2/10/2020 at 5:26 PM, MAJBobby said:

if that is his value of 7M AAV I would be absolutely pissed if they let Spain walk. 

I like him but is Spain really a 7 mil per type of player? Maybe I guess but I don't see it personally. WTH, I've seen worse contracts

46 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I like him but is Spain really a 7 mil per type of player? Maybe I guess but I don't see it personally. WTH, I've seen worse contracts

Ex Bill John Miller got a 3 yr $16.5M deal from the Bungles last year ... 

Is that a worse contract?

I would say yes..

11 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

that man knows his football.   Iirc he stated TyRoD > Eli and Rogers 

He does know his football.

But I really don't think you recall that correctly. You mean Rodgers, correct? Yeah, I don't think so. But if you can show I'm wrong ....

I like Barnwell a lot, personally. He's heavy into analytics and he doesn't mind taking unpopular positions. He's smart. He'll be wrong a lot but also right in a bunch of places where very few thought he would be. He did like Tyrod a lot more than I ever did, but he wasn't off the edge nutty about it either. 

8 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

yes 7M AAV is really good value for him. Top OGs will get in the 10+M range. That is about the going rate for a AVG OG 6-9M. So anything under 8.5M AAV and I would keep Spain. 

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Wow, really? I mean, I know you’re an astute fan, so I gotta ask why?

I will come clean and admit I based my response on looking at stats. Addison has more years of hovering around 10 sacks. It was interesting to see that Addison didn’t really hit his stride until 7 or 8 seasons in the league.

I know you are an astute scout of the entire league. You feel Addison would be worth the extra $4 mil( in this totally hypothetical scenario, haha)?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

37 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I will come clean and admit I based my response on looking at stats. Addison has more years of hovering around 10 sacks. It was interesting to see that Addison didn’t really hit his stride until 7 or 8 seasons in the league.

I know you are an astute scout of the entire league. You feel Addison would be worth the extra $4 mil( in this totally hypothetical scenario, haha)?

I think Addison is an excellent pass rusher that is scheme diverse. To me, the jump from Shaq’s career-best 6.5 sacks to Addison’s 4-year average of 10.5 is worth the extra $$

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I think Addison is an excellent pass rusher that is scheme diverse. To me, the jump from Shaq’s career-best 6.5 sacks to Addison’s 4-year average of 10.5 is worth the extra $$

Thank you. I trust your insight.

Bills do need a pass rusher. Now would you take Addison for say $14 mil a year or Ngakoue for say $17 a year? 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Thank you. I trust your insight.

Bills do need a pass rusher. Now would you take Addison for say $14 mil a year or Ngakoue for say $17 a year? 

Ooh. That there is a tough call.

I mean, Addison has been a more productive pass rusher the last 4 years, but Yannick is much younger and has more upside.

If pressed I’d probably go with Addison since he knows the scheme and has proven that he’ll continue to perform after getting a payday.

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Ooh. That there is a tough call.

I mean, Addison has been a more productive pass rusher the last 4 years, but Yannick is much younger and has more upside.

If pressed I’d probably go with Addison since he knows the scheme and has proven that he’ll continue to perform after getting a payday.

Great points. Got to agree. 

On 2/11/2020 at 5:21 AM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Serious question, what made Bill Barnwell ESPN's expert? He seems to throw a lot of shitz at the wall all season and hasn't been a liker of the Bills.

He’s one of the best football writers out there IMO

On 2/11/2020 at 1:23 PM, TigerJ said:

For the First time in my life, I live pretty close to a Dominos restaurant.  There are pizzerias all over the place on the west side of Rochester, so I've only tried Dominos once.  Meh.

Domino’s is a good bang for the buck but that’s it. I pretty much lived on it in college because you could get a (decent) pizza for $5 versus paying $10-15 for slightly better pizza elsewhere. 

If you have great pizza nearby I’d splurge for that pretty much every time (or just make my own).