Star Gazing (after hours) in a New York State Park requires a permit

Beast

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

At first, I tried to make sense of it as just an, "after sunset parking permit," which it's framed as on the NYS Govt site.  But it also explicitly specifies, "for stargazing only."

I'm seriously at a loss for words.

I think the point is you can park for the purposes of stargazing only

If they find you nestled up for the night in a tent, or drinking, or smoking, or necking, (or drinking smoking and necking) instead of looking up at the sky they can kick your ass out.

Aren't those parks normally closed to everyone after dark at times of the year when camping isn't available?  So it's not as though they let everyone and his cousin Murgatroyd park and walk around, but throw out anyone caught looking at the sky.  They keep everyone out, but say they'll make an exception if you want to go stargazing.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If they find you nestled up for the night in a tent, or drinking, or smoking, or necking, (or drinking smoking and necking) instead of looking up at the sky they can kick your ass out.

Aren't those parks normally closed to everyone after dark at times of the year when camping isn't available?  So it's not as though they let everyone and his cousin Murgatroyd park and walk around, but throw out anyone caught looking at the sky.  They keep everyone out, but say they'll make an exception if you want to go stargazing.

Too funny!

Thank God there are so many sensible people hear to drop the hammer on misleading "I hate NYS threads."

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Too funny!

Thank God there are so many sensible people hear to drop the hammer on misleading "I hate NYS threads."

It's still too much money and NY sucks for a lot of reasons.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So it's not as though they let everyone and his cousin Murgatroyd park and walk around, but throw out anyone caught looking at the sky.  They keep everyone out, but say they'll make an exception if you want to go stargazing.

Heavens to Murgatroyd.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A lot of parks close at Dusk to 10 PM. 

Places with camping has to be open 24 / 7 

Many years back they banned drinking at local parks in Rochester unless you were having a picnic.

Solution.   Set a propane grill on the table with a package of hot dogs and buns. (never mind that they are weeks old and stale)