RIP Chris Doleman

Reed83HOF

14 hours ago, DRA3196 said:

I have a lot of respect and appreciation for how he represented himself and the game. Both on and off the field. I really hope they can find a way to defeat cancer. The scourge of our society.

Cancer is defeated every day around the world.   But, as with many diseases, if not detected and treated early, it's harder to cure.

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Cancer is defeated every day around the world.   But, as with many diseases, if not detected and treated early, it's harder to cure.

Thank you for posting this. There are countless people who have spent their lives researching drugs and others learning how to successfully treat people.  More often than commended, they are vilified for making a living.  Meanwhile buffoons wander around as if nothing has changed in the battle against cancer in the last 100 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/29/2020 at 6:08 AM, DRA3196 said:

I have a lot of respect and appreciation for how he represented himself and the game. Both on and off the field. I really hope they can find a way to defeat cancer. The scourge of our society.

My wife is now a 10 year survivor of stage 2 breast cancer.  I'm coming up on 3 years surviving stage 2 lung cancer, with no sign remaining of cancer in my body.  As has been stated, early diagnosis is crucial. I was lucky.  I'm a non -smoker, so nobody would have ever thought to look for lung cancer, and my symptoms were insignificant.  They discovered it in CT scans I had for something else.  My wife discovered hers in a self examination after a mamogram had missed it 2 months earlier.  

There are some cancers that are far less curable even with early diagnosis.  Unfortunately glioblastoma is one of those.  Liver and pancreatic cancers are a couple others, but even in those cancers, progress is being made, and there are some long term survivors.

On 1/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Very sad!  For whatever reason, he thought he was recovering.  RIP!

One of my brothers died at the age of 59 of the same thing: glioblastoma. It's pretty much always fatal, usually within a year and a half to two years. 

It's so sad for the family. RIP,  Mr. Doleman.