PFF's Big Board (I know I know, but hear me out)

DCOrange

10 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

Actually I am, but the way the Bills have handled their young QB makes me go bananas. I love a lot about where this team is, but some things I don’t know how we’ll address. It is just torture that we NEEDED receiver help for Allen more than anything else. Two of the best ones to come along in a decade were there for the taking in the 2nd round and we took a Tackle that people thought would have to move to guard instead. This isn’t hindsight either, it should have been a no brainer last year.

We had a really easy schedule this year and if our team doesn’t blow a couple winnable games we could have had homefield advantage in the playoffs and possibly wound up playing this weekend. Great that the team is getting better, but sometimes these missed opportunities are the best chance you ever get. I worry that we blew our best chance at a SB run with McD this year. I don’t think our schedule or injuries will be as manageable next year.

If last year was our best chance were in trouble 

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is what I think is a LEGIT possibility...

I could see us easily going DE in the first given the extreme depth at WR and then looking to scoop up someone like Pittman in the 2nd.  If we do that, would not shock me in the least to draft a 2nd WR somewhere in the 4th/5th rounds given their is strong possibility at our picks in those rounds WR may just be BPA on the board.  

I am all for taking a WR in the first still of course, but if the right DE is there and we didn't make a big signing in FA, then I think that is a more plausible direction and I am fine with that given the talent at WR that will still be on the board in the 2nd.  

I would even go so far as to say we should try for a FA signing, AND the right DE in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't like him much either. To me, Cordarrelle Patterson 2.0 and that would be a waste of a 1st. 

I hear you  but I couldn't disagree more. I see the comparison, they're both physical specimens and both very good after the catch. But Patterson used his 4.42 speed against guys in college to run a lot of go routes successfully. Shenault hasn't had elite speed to fall back on. He has to get open, and he does.

Shenault gets open downfield, consistently. It's true he doesn't have advanced route running skills, but he's already getting open a lot with relatively little coaching on advanced route running.

With Patterson there was a major concern with drops, and major worries about running the whole route tree. If I remember correctly he was often starting routes behind the line which led to concerns that he might have problems getting off jams. Patterson was considered even then a terrific returner who might someday develop into a great receiver if he could learn to harness his physical skills.

I haven't seen signs that Shenault will require anywhere near as much development as Patterson did.

Patterson's one year of major college ball he had 46 catches for 778 yards. That's not a lot of experience and good but not great production. Shenault has three years at Colorado and while his last year did look like Patterson's one year, in Shenault's 2nd year he had 86 receptions for 1011 yards, in only nine games.

I'm not pounding the table for him or anything like that. It's just I've seen the Patterson comparison elsewhere and a lot of people think he's going to be very developmental and I don't think there's enough evidence to be convinced. Being tough as nails and the strongest guy out there is a terrific start.