The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Link to this "near-lockdown" order?

Usually I'd tell you to do your on homework Sue, but it's too enjoyable to club you in the head with facts.

Enjoy the reading

2. All New Jersey residents shall remain home or at their place of residence unless they are 1) obtaining goods or services from essential retail businesses, as described in Paragraph 6; 2) obtaining takeout food or beverages from restaurants, other dining establishments, or food courts, pursuant to Paragraph 8; 3) seeking medical attention, essential social services, or assistance from law enforcement or emergency services; 4) visiting family or other individuals with whom the resident has a close personal relationship, such as those for whom the individual is a caretaker or romantic partner; 5) reporting to, or performing, their job; 6) walking, running, operating a wheelchair, or engaging in outdoor activities with immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners while following best social distancing practices with other individuals, including staying six feet apart; 7) leaving the home for an educational, religious, or political reason; 😎 leaving because of a reasonable fear for his or her health or safety; or 9) leaving at the direction of law enforcement or other government agency.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Usually I'd tell you to do your on homework Sue, but it's too enjoyable to club you in the head with facts.

Enjoy the reading

2. All New Jersey residents shall remain home or at their place of residence unless they are 1) obtaining goods or services from essential retail businesses, as described in Paragraph 6; 2) obtaining takeout food or beverages from restaurants, other dining establishments, or food courts, pursuant to Paragraph 8; 3) seeking medical attention, essential social services, or assistance from law enforcement or emergency services; 4) visiting family or other individuals with whom the resident has a close personal relationship, such as those for whom the individual is a caretaker or romantic partner; 5) reporting to, or performing, their job; 6) walking, running, operating a wheelchair, or engaging in outdoor activities with immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners while following best social distancing practices with other individuals, including staying six feet apart; 7) leaving the home for an educational, religious, or political reason; 😎 leaving because of a reasonable fear for his or her health or safety; or 9) leaving at the direction of law enforcement or other government agency.

Did you forget to read everything after unless?

(Nobody was locked down per Magox's definition)

here it is as a reminder - Lock downs means that things are shut down and people are not able to go out except for necessary items.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA

Just now, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Don't worry, I found it. Here's the section that matters.

https://nj.gov/infobank/eo/056murphy/pdf/EO-107.pdf

aka

You're not locked down per Magox's definition. 

Quite, the turnaround.  

There was no lockdown

Ok, the lockdown order doesn't fit a broad definition,

Show me the lockdown order

No, not that lockdown order, the one that shows the lockdown order

OK, the real lockdown order is not really a lockdown order, because it doesn't fit my interpretation of the lockdown order

Does that summarize your position?

7 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

My position is nobody in the United States fully locked down per  the definition below

Lock downs means that things are shut down and people are not able to go out except for necessary items

No, your position is that you take a different interpretation of what "necessary" means.  For most functioning adults, NJ was in a true lockdown in March.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, B-Man said:

TYRANNY IMPOSED FOR THE GOOD OF ITS VICTIMS: 

Ohio Woman Arrested and Tased For Not Wearing a Mask at Son’s Outdoor Football Game.

Everyone eating inside at a restaurant would like a word with the rule makers here.  If you're sitting you can't catch or spread it.  It's only when you stand up, duh.

Edited by BeerLeagueHockey
  • Like (+1) 3

Marriott CEO Admits Hotels are Engaging in ‘Hygiene Theater,’ Again Praises Totalitarian Measures. 

“It’s communicating to folks we care about what you feel and want you to stop and think about if you’re having any symptoms, and we also want to communicate to you that you’re now entering a place in which we’ve got protocols in place to protect you and others in the environment.”

It’s all about the feelz.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, keepthefaith said:

We know some that have behaved similarly and they are not at risk people at all. 

We live in LA and thus the city has been shuttered most of that time compared to other cities/states. The hilarious bit for our household is that my significant other is not at risk under any definition (under 35, fit, no pre-existing conditions or comorbidities) yet she refuses to go into any stores or do anything "risky" (other than nightly/daily walks with neighborhood friends -- masked up of course). However, she has NO problem sending me out to do all the "risky" stuff even though I'm actually at risk (immuno-suppressed, no other comorbidities though) :lol: 

But I know better than to ask, "shouldn't you be the one to do this?"

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We live in LA and thus the city has been shuttered most of that time compared to other cities/states. The hilarious bit for our household is that my significant other is not at risk under any definition (under 35, fit, no pre-existing conditions or comorbidities) yet she refuses to go into any stores or do anything "risky" (other than nightly/daily walks with neighborhood friends -- masked up of course). However, she has NO problem sending me out to do all the "risky" stuff even though I'm actually at risk (immuno-suppressed, no other comorbidities though) :lol: 

But I know better than to ask, "shouldn't you be the one to do this?"

#Feminism

• Haha (+1) 2