Long term rosting building starts now: cap space 2020 $89 million & 2021 $198 million

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Diggs and Evans are already signed up until 2024. No contract needed if they’re traded here. It’s still a long shot but something I’m sure they’ll look into with all teams 

Same thing, they're already signed to high-market contracts. Point is combining using a 1st AND a lot of cap room is a very dangerous move.

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Are you suggesting that Beane should trade up in the first round?

You may have to move a little, I have done a couple mocks and studied the WRs a little bit, but haven't fully looked at needs yet for us and those in front of us (won't know until after the first round of FA anyways), but their is a chance that the first top group of WRs is gone by Oakland/Philly which pick right in front of us. 

As of today it looks like we could have a chance at Edge Yetur Gross-Matos or WR Laviska Shenault Jr. at 22. 

RD1 WRS are in no particular order:

1.) CeeDee Lamb

2.) Jerry Juedy

3.) Tee Higgins

4.) Henry Ruggs

5.) Laviska Shenault Jr.

All 5 might be gone before us, so if we feel one of those 5 is better than the next group - you will need to move. The top 2 are going to go quick in the top 5-10 IMO

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Same thing, they're already signed to high-market contracts. Point is combining using a 1st AND a lot of cap room is a very dangerous move.

Lot of talk of signing AJ Green or Amari Cooper and they’d both cost more of the cap and no guarantee you get them albeit no draft pick involved. I’d take Diggs right now over just about anyone available at pick 22. Basically pay a little more for 4 years of production. But it’s almost guaranteed production versus hoping the rookie produces 

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Half the league currently has at least 50 mil in cap space going into the off-season.  It's not like the Bills are the only team with money to spend...the few above average F/A's come March will have plenty of suitors.

image.thumb.png.28264f814bb3f6b42c38042df4c62abe.png

Us, the Titans, & the Seachickens

These teams are going to lose some very good players:
image.thumb.png.82df129f77a6adc0833c5d048e5c847d.png

Edited by Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

The point that @Reed83HOF is making is that the Bills cap space for now and the future is very bright.

Of course the cap numbers for 2021 & 2022 will decrease with the signings of other players.

The Bills are in a position to be big spenders yet still have a good amount of cap room for the future.

Would that be a fair assessment, Reed83HOF? 

Exactly and you can shuffle your cap dollars you currently have spend to other positions. For instance, as the pass rush increases maybe you can get by without resigning Poyer and Hyde? Does LorAx's replacement need to be a 3 down LB or can you slide Edmunds over and get a cheap 2 down run thumper? 

You can then take the "savings" and reallocate it by pilfer players from ATL, JAX, MIN, NO, PITT fairly easy this year. Hooper and Yannick stick out like sore thumbs (TB looks to have the space and willingness to take Shaq Barrett off the market). That gives you a 25 yr old pass catching TE and a 24 year old Edge who are experienced, developed, producing and entering their prime in premiere positions that will only get more expensive year after year. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

You may have to move a little, I have done a couple mocks and studied the WRs a little bit, but haven't fully looked at needs yet for us and those in front of us (won't know until after the first round of FA anyways), but their is a chance that the first top group of WRs is gone by Oakland/Philly which pick right in front of us. 

As of today it looks like we could have a chance at Edge Yetur Gross-Matos or WR Laviska Shenault Jr. at 22. 

RD1 WRS are in no particular order:

1.) CeeDee Lamb

2.) Jerry Juedy

3.) Tee Higgins

4.) Henry Ruggs

5.) Laviska Shenault Jr.

All 5 might be gone before us, so if we feel one of those 5 is better than the next group - you will need to move. The top 2 are going to go quick in the top 5-10 IMO

I agree that Lamb & Jeudy will go fast.

The Bills will be in an interesting spot, and yes, we have to see how free agency plays out first.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/06/buffalo-bills-quinton-spain-deal-with-buffalo-bills/

Bills guard Quinton Spain, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent, discussed his plans moving forward. He signed with the Bills late last offseason, but only inked a one-year deal with Buffalo at the time, and he wouldn’t mind landing another one with the Bills before becoming a free agent, too.

“I’m going to leave that to my agent,” Spain said. “I told my agent, if they really want me and want me to be here, I would like to get something done before free agency starts.”

Spain joined the Bills this past year after spending his first four seasons in the league with the Tennessee Titans. Spain became an integral part of the Bills revamped offensive line, playing every snap while not allowing a sack during the entire 2019 regular season.

That did not go unnoticed by Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen, either. Allen wanted the left guard back.

“The mindset, the way he play… he brings a fire,” Allen said. “I wish we get him back… I hope he knows I love him.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Lot of talk of signing AJ Green or Amari Cooper and they’d both cost more of the cap and no guarantee you get them albeit no draft pick involved. I’d take Diggs right now over just about anyone available at pick 22. Basically pay a little more for 4 years of production. But it’s almost guaranteed production versus hoping the rookie produces 

Not a fan of signing AJ Green or Cooper. I dont think Green has enough left in the tank to be effective enough for what he'll cost. And Cooper lead the league in drops, which the Bills already have well covered.